badbadbadday Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

badbadbadday

+3
artood2
Hellsangel
doofus_maximus
7 posters

Go down

badbadbadday Empty badbadbadday

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

• woke up with a headache, took mortrin. Didn't help much.

• didn't go to gym. feeling regretful.

• put pulav on the stove. Had not planned to turn on the gas. But did. Realized in the middle of shower that I may have done so. So finished quickly. As suspected, could smell something burning. Muttered 'NO SHYT', and ran down wrapped in towel and dripping with water, opened the windows (too shy to open the doors), turned off the stove. Braced to hear the smoke alarm go off.

• Smoke alarm didn't go off. By this time there is smoke all over the house. I am choking a bit, it's all hazy. But no frikking smoke alarm. *Gotta get this thing checked.*

• Was late for doc appointment 1 hour away. STILL decided to be an efficient housewife, and decided to put yogurt to set. Boiled the milk. And now it won't cool down fast enough. Kept it under the fan while I ate lunch. No cooling. Poured it from one container to another like a halwai 9-10 times. Still no cooling. Lot of froth. No cooling. Finally put two ice cubes in it and put it to set. Was already 10 minutes late.

• Got out to go. Realized that I have not taken the shoes in which the orthotics will be fitted. Ran back, got those.

• GPS said I will be 2 minutes late if I kept up the speed. Well, I got greedy. I still think I was under 60 on 55 zone, but maamu clocked me at 68 and the zone was FORTY FIVE. Seven years on that road, and I didn't know the limit was 45.

• Doc adjusted my orthotics in total of 7 minutes. All this fuss for f'ing 7 minutes.

• When it came to payment, she handed me balance of $420. I am stumped. Wait, Orthotics #1 was done in Jan and Feb, costing $700. I had paid that in full, in two installments. Orthotic #2 was for $235, I had paid $100, so remaining shoulda been $135 plus the $55 office visit. So what's going on here. She said that you may have taken the pay-in-installments plan. I was still stumped. Simply said that they would have not let me walk out with Orthotic #1 had I not paid in full. And if I took any 'plan', I would know. She goes, 'I can take away two office visits of $55 for you if you want'. I said that that's not the point. I need to understand what's going on. I wasn't upset. I was too beaten up and tired to be sharp and argue. So was talking softly, just standing there, staring at her with a blank expression and asking. Finally, and I don't know how, she said, 'pay me $165. that's the remainder for orthotics #2, and the office visit. And your balance will be zero'. Still didn't add up. But hey, it got down from $420 to $165. Why should I complain more. I asked if I would later get a bill in my mail? She said she will give me a zero balance sheet, so keep that if any confusions occur later on. And that I don't need to pay any more.

Ok, not as bad as it could have been, atleast the last part. But still... the migraine is back. The house smell burnt, so do I. The 6 scented candles will hopefully fix this. Meanwhile, the local news reporter is spreading the story of how, 'mommy burned down the house today'.

While I am still seething about the whole ticket incidence, and wondering at what point the spousal party need to be notified. Is 'never' a practical solution?

Back to top Go down

badbadbadday Empty Re: badbadbadday

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Forget everything. Close the laptop. Hit the gym. Feel better.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I had originally planned to go to zumba at 5. Now, I just want to sleep. Better stay out of trouble as much as possible for next 3 years!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Coincidence: I was reheating a chappati on the tava when hubby called. He wanted me to scan and email him and sonny something. Went upstairs to do that. Did that and took a peek into the chat to see what's going on there. Got stuck there until i smelled something burning. R'bered the chappati on the tava. The whole of downstairs was filled with smoke (no smoke alarm activated either. Don't know why) and the chappati was charred black. Opened all the doors and windows. Still have the burnt smell downstairs.

My back pain has gone from bad to worse today. Throbbing pain throughout the day. The prescription anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants aren't working for some reason this time. It's been a week since the flare up started. It's never been this long. Quite worried.

Trying to understand what's going on with me with the help of google
https://www.google.com/search?q=upper+right+back+pain&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm

kinnera wrote: Did that and took a peek into the chat to see what's going on there.

Unless you happen to be a certain well-known multi-tasker, avoid chat in the middle of cooking.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote: Did that and took a peek into the chat to see what's going on there.

Unless you happen to be a certain well-known multi-tasker, avoid chat in the middle of cooking.

I forgot abt the chappati on the tava. Wouldn't have done it otherwise (else would've taken the laptop downstairs into the kitchen)

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

kinnera wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I forgot abt the chappati on the tava. Wouldn't have done it otherwise (else would've taken the laptop downstairs into the kitchen)

should have never answered hubby's call in the middle of cooking.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:14 pm

wait u got the ticket today and u actually 'got it' today too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Happened to me like all last week and I did not took it seriously untill yesterday. Yesterday...I commited a friend to pick her up for an appointment. I was like ....in the "get lost................................." scenario before; While I was picking her up I almost ran over the road worker who held a stop sign - luckily she alerted me.

I was burning chapathis while staring the chapathis...and also cut my fingers whil chopping veggies - I knew something is wrong with me. Realized yesterday it was my new laptop screen and font - it was so bright and minimum sized. I turned it down and back to my normal self.

Now I am dabbing this yes to cucumber whenever possible and look different without eye makeup - but who cares? Sigh!

Good you nailed the doc and saved money. My van is totalled and I am driving a 20yr old car and ....(I don't want to talk about the totalling....it's not me but hubby....he totalled it at parking lot!)

Thinking of leasing or buying a car!?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 pm

theres no such thing as a bad day for me .

a case in point ... i forgot to close the freezer door 2 days ago

all the food got bad in it .

i just threw it away cleaned the freezer and went about my way blissful

got to live in the moment people.... its important

and most of all treat chat and forum as secondary and ur work in hand as primary ..

then less mistakes will happen
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 pm

The bad day ended on a bad note. So sorry, tracy! Feeling bad Sad. Sorry.

Tomorrow is an other day and it's going to be all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 pm

kinnera wrote:The bad day ended on a bad note. So sorry, tracy! Feeling bad Sad. Sorry.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:17 pm

kinnera wrote:The bad day ended on a bad note. So sorry, tracy! Feeling bad Sad. Sorry.

no worries kinns. Was having 3 convos simultaneously on the same topic. One with daughter, one with u guys, and one with another friend over ym. Could not have carried all three together too long, and realized I was boring you guys with it. Hence came out of chat.
Also had to call mom home.

Catch u tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 am

this is the ultimate I am one-upping you thread.

wait you had a bad day.. Listen to what I had to go through..

'Bad-day' hipsters.. ooof..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:03 am

what are u saying doofili ?

u seem to use modern day euphemisms but u try too hard !

for a guy with neck beard that is Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 pm

out of nowhere, the smoke alarm goes off today for one minute. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 pm

u think only u can roll? *muhahahahahaha*

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am

chameli wrote:what are u saying doofili ?

u seem to use modern day euphemisms but u try too hard !

for a guy with neck beard that is Smile

If you didn't know the meaning of some words, all you need to do was ask.

hipsters are ppl who usually look down upon others. Nothing others do is good enough or up to the mark for them.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:10 am

oh i knew it alright

just checking to see if u did

and who coined this word ? ghetto people ?
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum