TBT. Was it you? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TBT. Was it you?

3 posters

Go down

TBT. Was it you? Empty TBT. Was it you?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Reply Truthbetold Jul 15, 2011 - 3:14AM

“They failed at creating some coherent narrative of Pakistani citizenship that was pluralistic and open enough to absorb the different ethnic, linguistic and indeed tribal affiliations of the Pakistani citizenry.”

Why is this a surprise? If pluralism was the intent, then there was no need for partition. Pakistan was created to protect the power and wealth of the Muslim elite of pre-partition India. Religious and racial bigotry was used to stir up the Muslims in order to achieve this goal. It was claimed that Muslims were a “different” nation. Never mind that most South Asian Muslims were Hindu converts.

Intolerance and bigotry against non-Muslims were built into the very creation of Pakistan. Jinnah was just a puppet used by the Muslim elite of erstwhile British India and so what he said about pluralism soon after the formation of Pakistan was of no real substance. The die of bigotry was already cast.

I do congratulate the author for the thought-provoking article. I did not mean to diminish the e author’s good intent by my comment above.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/7000/karachi-and-the-failure-of-pakistans-multi-culturalism/

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

TBT. Was it you? Empty Re: TBT. Was it you?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:Reply Truthbetold Jul 15, 2011 - 3:14AM

“They failed at creating some coherent narrative of Pakistani citizenship that was pluralistic and open enough to absorb the different ethnic, linguistic and indeed tribal affiliations of the Pakistani citizenry.”

Why is this a surprise? If pluralism was the intent, then there was no need for partition. Pakistan was created to protect the power and wealth of the Muslim elite of pre-partition India, in the name of poor muslims living in UP and Bihar. Religious and racial bigotry was used to stir up the Muslims in order to achieve this goal. It was claimed that Muslims were a “different” nation. Never mind that most South Asian Muslims were Hindu converts.

Intolerance and bigotry against non-Muslims were built into the very creation of Pakistan. Jinnah was just a puppet used by the Muslim elite of erstwhile British India and so what he said about pluralism soon after the formation of Pakistan was of no real substance. The die of bigotry was already cast.

I do congratulate the author for the thought-provoking article. I did not mean to diminish the e author’s good intent by my comment above.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/7000/karachi-and-the-failure-of-pakistans-multi-culturalism/

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Sara
no it is not me. Sorry to disappoint you.
TBT

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum