"but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?"

3 posters

Go down

"but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?" Empty "but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Kannadiga to Tamil in the bar: "No, I am not from Andhra, I am a Kannadiga."

Tamil: "Oh. aamavaa? So, you are a Kannadigan?",
Kannadiga agrees with a nod and an awkward grin.

The Tamil pauses a few seconds and continues with an expression of disbelief,
" but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all??"

http://samosapedia.com/entries/11026/Kannadigan

Back to top Go down

"but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?" Empty Re: "but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?"

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Kannadigas are often called Kannadigans and Kannada as 'Kannudi' by our brothers from across the border.

http://samosapedia.com/entries/11026/Kannadigan

Back to top Go down

"but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?" Empty Re: "but then, how come you don't talk Tamil at all?"

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 pm

i've never heard kannadigas referred to as kannadigans by tamilians. moreover your anecdotal evidence is flawed. OTOH, northindians frequently refer to kannadigas as kannads. i find that word aesthetically grating; ugly in fact.

all the bangalore tamilians i know, long term residents of the city, speak kannada fluently and indistinguishably from the locals, evidence from your peons, restaurant waiters, flower sellers, household help, and autorickshaw drivers notwithstanding.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i've never heard kannadigas referred to as kannadigans by tamilians. moreover your anecdotal evidence is flawed. OTOH, northindians frequently refer to kannadigas as kannads. i find that word aesthetically grating; ugly in fact.

all the bangalore tamilians i know, long term residents of the city, speak kannada fluently and indistinguishably from the locals, evidence from your peons, restaurant waiters, flower sellers, household help, and autorickshaw drivers notwithstanding.

on: Fri Aug 16 00:50:19

"But, Do not ever forget that Ramadoss, Nedumaran, Jeyalalitha and Vaiko are just politicians"

I have been somewhat following Nedumaran and he seems to be honest &
genuine. He doesnt' switch sides like monkey. If he changes there's a
logical & coherent patter (not money minded blind swappings).

As for Vaiko I've only know about his Eelam suport. He seems to be genuine and consistant in that case.

Ramdoss has good points in this case against rajini but caste-minded.

His speech in Karanataka about Veerappan was uncalled for and it incites
Kannadigans (if that translates into action Tamils will be hurt not
Veerappan). Read the news article below!

http://www.thatstamil.com/news/2002/08/11/rajini.html

I rarely watch movies & I was planning to watch baba this sturday on
screen in Ottawa. But after reading about his Kannada speech I decide
not to buy a ticket! Although rajini already have made 60 crores. My
action will hurt the distributors who inturn might not pay the money
they owe & also put pressure to rajini. His image comes down and
he'll know not to mess with Tamils! Of course one person is not good, I
urge all the Tamil conscious Tamils who havn't bought the ticket alredy
not to watch it on screen.
Wait watch it on pirated cassest or just
casset! Also I urge his fans who regularly give letters to condemn his
Kannada speech! Thanks

a concerned Tamil, arudkO

http://forumhub.com/tfilms/12262.9314.16.16.38.html

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:moreover your anecdotal evidence is flawed.
Calling samosapedia anecdotal evidence is quite generous to samosapedia. That site is very much like urbandictionary -- only worth laughing at.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm

charvaka wrote:
Calling samosapedia anecdotal evidence is quite generous to samosapedia. That site is very much like urbandictionary -- only worth laughing at.

Charvaka, what is your view on the opinion that Kannada is a richer language than Telugu?

-------

Telugannada

Mixture of Telugu and Kannada spoken by persons with bilingual capability of a Gult and a Digga rolled into one.Kannada
is richer because not only of its local sister languages of Tulu,
Kodava, Havyaka, Sankethi, Iyengar Tamil, Konkani, Tribal languages of
its jungles, Urdu, Sanskrit and English, it also enjoys exchanges and
enrichment due its border with all the southern states of Andhra,
Tamilnadu, Kerala, as well as borders with Goa and Maharashtra.
It is a unique geographical positioning probably not seen very often in the entire world.
http://samosapedia.com/e/Telugannada

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Charvaka, what is your view on the opinion that Kannada is a richer language than Telugu?

-------

Telugannada

Mixture of Telugu and Kannada spoken by persons with bilingual capability of a Gult and a Digga rolled into one.Kannada
It is a unique geographical positioning probably not seen very often in the entire world.
My view is that you are a bigot, and you have found a site that is worthy of your time. Hopefully Samosapedia can take the place of Will Durant.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

-------

Telugannada

My view is that you are i am a bigot, and you have exposed me. found a site that is worthy of your time. Hopefully Samosapedia can take the place of Will Durant.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 pm

hey rashmun i found the guy who painted that akbari painting i linked last week. he is a struggling local artist who specializes in akbari style. i am going to commission a kilogram worth of art from him to hang in all my bathrooms. hope that makes you happy.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 pm

in fact i'm thinking of asking him to make me specialized wallpaper with the jadrup-jahangir theme for my basement bathroom.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm

The samosapedia site has the following entry for Teluguannada:

Kodava, Havyaka, Sankethi, Iyengar Tamil, Konkani, Tribal languages of its jungles, Urdu, Sanskrit and English
, it also enjoys exchanges and enrichment due its border with all the southern states of Andhra, Tamilnadu, Kerala, as well as borders with Goa and Maharashtra.

-------
The fact that there are so many languages spoken in Karnataka justifies the pride that many Kannadigas have about their home state. The linguistic diversity in Karnataka is quite amazing. And certainly Bangalore is a kind of a melting pot when it comes to Indian languages, and Indian music and dance forms.

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:57 pm

My view is that you are a bigot...

===> Carvaka,

It is not a good idea to call people names.

Like Sandilya and Seva, Rashmun may also start avoiding this forum because of you.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:58 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:My view is that you are a bigot...

===> Carvaka,

It is not a good idea to call people names.

Like Sandilya and Seva, Rashmun may also start avoiding this forum because of you.

you promised us smegma thAthA and there is still no sign of him. when are you going to produce him?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

you promised us smegma thAthA...

===> I didn't promise anything. The man said he will join this forum. It looks like he got cold feet.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down