this katju seems to be a clown Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this katju seems to be a clown

+4
Hellsangel
Another Brick
charvaka
MaxEntropy_Man
8 posters

Go down

this katju seems to be a clown Empty this katju seems to be a clown

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 pm

and a bored one at that having retired from the court. look at this: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article2948227.ece

and just the other day, he was mouthing off inarticulately about salman rushdie being a worthless writer. must have been embarrassing for the other panelists to be sharing a stage with him. they all seemed like sensible people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

this katju seems to be a clown Empty Re: this katju seems to be a clown

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

BHAVANI: Students must learn English, Hindi and computer science to be competitive, Supreme Court judge Justice P. Sathasivam has said.

Participating at a function organised in his honour at the Government Higher Secondary School, Singampettai, his alma mater, he said at a time when very many multinational companies had set up and were setting up industries because of liberalisation, students had job opportunities in plenty, which they must make use of.

Mr. Justice Sathasivam also asked the students to develop proficiency in Hindi. Recalling his short stint as the Chief Justice of the High Court in Chandigarh, he said in most of the North Indian states Hindi was the medium of communication, which if the students learnt would do well to get placed in industries or companies there.

“The States [North Indian] are also fast becoming industrialised and in becoming so, plenty of job opportunities are being created. The students to get employed there, will do well to have a mastery of the language.”

In the same breath, he also asked the students to learn computers and added that they must make full use of government schemes like distribution of free bicycle, bus pass, text books, uniform, etc. to study well.

http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/30/stories/2009063054900500.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

another clown. and isn't he a serving justice? shouldn't he be reading up on a case or something instead of mouthing off like this?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:another clown. and isn't he a serving justice? shouldn't he be reading up on a case or something instead of mouthing off like this?

Max, could it be that TN is embracing Hindi once again? What are your thoughts on 'the glittering banners and posters in Hindi' adorning Chennai streets on the birthday of Stalin?

From opposition, the DMK seems to have graduated to accommodation. Gone are the days when the party was deeply wedded to opposing Hindi.

Nothing exemplified this more than the glittering banners and posters in Hindi that adorned the streets of Chennai on the 60th birthday of the DMK's rising 'son' M. K. Stalin. It is a major departure from the established code in the party, which is striving to regain lost ground.
In the past, its slogan was 'English ever Hindi never' and it was the agitation against the imposition of Hindi which had propelled the DMK to power in 1967. But, the opposition to Hindi has lost its edge and is no more a tool of political mobilisation.
For, though teaching of the language is still not permitted in state-run schools, neither the DMK nor AIADMK had prevented it from being taught in private schools.
Moreover, these parties have carried out election campaign in Hindi in north Indian migrant hubs.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/the-opposition-to-hindi-in-tamil-nadu-has-lost-its-edge/1/176382.html

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and a bored one at that having retired from the court. look at this: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article2948227.ece

and just the other day, he was mouthing off inarticulately about salman rushdie being a worthless writer. must have been embarrassing for the other panelists to be sharing a stage with him. they all seemed like sensible people.
Perhaps he hopes to be appointed to a sinecure -- a governorship perhaps. His argument about Rushdie was ridiculous to say the least.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm

charvaka wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and a bored one at that having retired from the court. look at this: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article2948227.ece

Perhaps he hopes to be appointed to a sinecure -- a governorship perhaps. His argument about Rushdie was ridiculous to say the least.

it was disappointing to see a retired supreme court justice appear so confused and inarticulate in a public panel. the issue being discussed was freedom of speech and he went off on a tangent about rushdie's abilities as a writer! nobody asked him for his opinion of rushdie as a writer. this was not the forum for it.

the younger woman journalist OTOH who was also on the panel, and who also was not a fan of rushdie as a writer was clearly katju's intellectual superior.

i would have thought that a retired supreme court justice would have a more robust understanding of what freedom of speech means and that he would be ready to defend it vigorously. instead he vacillated and was mumbling something about respecting people's sensibilities and so on. weak; weak as water.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:another clown. and isn't he a serving justice? shouldn't he be reading up on a case or something instead of mouthing off like this?

Max, could it be that TN is embracing Hindi once again? What are your thoughts on 'the glittering banners and posters in Hindi' adorning Chennai streets on the birthday of Stalin?

my thoughts are that posters are a public nuisance and detract from the beauty of a city. i thought chennai had introduced beautiful wall art all over the city in public spaces precisely to avoid people from scuffing up walls with posters. wonder what happened to all that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
charvaka wrote:

it was disappointing to see a retired supreme court justice appear so confused and inarticulate in a public panel. the issue being discussed was freedom of speech and he went off on a tangent about rushdie's abilities as a writer! nobody asked him for his opinion of rushdie as a writer. this was not the forum for it.

the younger woman journalist OTOH who was also on the panel, and who also was not a fan of rushdie as a writer was clearly katju's intellectual superior.

i would have thought that a retired supreme court justice would have a more robust understanding of what freedom of speech means and that he would be ready to defend it vigorously. instead he vacillated and was mumbling something about respecting people's sensibilities and so on. weak; weak as water.

i had only posted the first part of that panel discussion. did you watch just that or did you also watch the second part?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm

i only watched that. why did he later retract his earlier statements?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

my thoughts are that posters are a public nuisance and detract from the beauty of a city. i thought chennai had introduced beautiful wall art all over the city in public spaces precisely to avoid people from scuffing up walls with posters. wonder what happened to all that.

sitting on the bus from bangalore to vellore i saw quite a few posters of stalin on the way: stalin as Lord Krishna, stalin as a tiger, stalin as a soldier (sitting on a horse with a spear in his hand) and so forth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:23 am

justice katju IS a clown. his opinions are derisive of wide ranging subjects from the media to cricket to rushdie to movies. the only thing he is approbatory of is sunny leone! he had joined twitter and when he was mocked and questioned by his followers, he quit twitter. in fact, he espoused some radical aryan/dravidian theory on twitter that drew him much flak.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:justice katju IS a clown. his opinions are derisive of wide ranging subjects from the media to cricket to rushdie to movies. the only thing he is approbatory of is sunny leone! he had joined twitter and when he was mocked and questioned by his followers, he quit twitter. in fact, he espoused some radical aryan/dravidian theory on twitter that drew him much flak.
He should teach Hindi to Sunny Leone. That should keep him occupied in his vanaprashta days.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 am

there is nothing in the world that justice katju hasn't an opinion or a theory on! be it delhi weather or foreign educated indian writers writing in english! and yeah, as he proclaims, he is a "scientific" man. he probably has a theory on black holes too. and it's probably this: i've seen black holes. black holes are overrated and substandard. and if he is in a talkative mood, he might add: you cannot feed the poor of india with black holes.

it just goes to show the lack of transparency and nepotism and cronyism that exists in the appointment of higher court judges! this man was NOT fit to be a judge of a supreme court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 am

katju unkil looks like a long-lost brother of this guy from American Pie

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 am

lmao, what a resemblance! the only difference is katju ungle's perennially glum look. it's inimitable.

this katju seems to be a clown Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB-IEfhdm97NVbs6wOvyuMreuuc42GKOtNEYMm7zBSZri89tmg

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 am

haha. here's another resemblance i discern. we can play separated at birth from katju.

this katju seems to be a clown 220px-Barneyfrank
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:05 am

i was kind of missing katju unkil's thread so i read this thread all over again and it gave me a good laugh. meanwhile, i chanced upon this today. he makes sense, but i would have liked WSJ to include his picture in the article to make it more entertaining for the likes of me who are always on the lookout for cheap laughs.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:10 am

kaddu unkil has a good heart but he likes to speak in hyperboles. i bet barristers were petrified of having their cases land up his bench. barrister to client, "dekkhiye, ye justice katju ke court me padega. bahut strict judge hai. shayad pagal hai, pata nahi, lol. petition dismiss hone ke chance jada hai. better hai aap 2 mahine ruk jao. tab tak naya judge aa jayga." i bet he was squatting flies in his court (no cases put up) or reading up on his aryan/dravidian bull crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am

most topping theory on katju!

btw, katju unkil likes to point fingers. here -

this katju seems to be a clown Justice-Katju

this katju seems to be a clown Markanday-katju-02201227

at times, all five of them

this katju seems to be a clown 25TH_KATJU_1024248f

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 am

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am

that last picture convinces me that katju unkil has not only seen black holes, but has tried black magic as well. it cannot be entirely ruled out that the picture was taken while he was declaring that black magic is all hogwash and that he has tried it.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 am

LMAO katju unkil was casting a spell on a cockroach. din work.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:LMAO katju unkil was casting a spell on a cockroach. din work.
lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Katju who?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Another Brick wrote:i was kind of missing katju unkil's thread so i read this thread all over again and it gave me a good laugh. meanwhile, i chanced upon this today. he makes sense, but i would have liked WSJ to include his picture in the article to make it more entertaining for the likes of me who are always on the lookout for cheap laughs.
I completely agree with Katjuji, and I think he serves as a perfect example of what he is talking about.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:35 pm

charvaka wrote:
Another Brick wrote:i was kind of missing katju unkil's thread so i read this thread all over again and it gave me a good laugh. meanwhile, i chanced upon this today. he makes sense, but i would have liked WSJ to include his picture in the article to make it more entertaining for the likes of me who are always on the lookout for cheap laughs.
I completely agree with Katjuji, and I think he serves as a perfect example of what he is talking about.

Fali S. Nariman
Posted: Aug 05, 2005 at 0000 hrs IST
The speech delivered by Justice Markandey Katju, chief justice of the High Court of Madras, on the first anniversary of the inauguration of the Madurai Bench (July 24) was like a breath of fresh air. He said that it was a fundamental principle in democracy that the people are supreme, and that all authorities — judges, legislators, ministers, bureaucrats, and so on — were servants of the people, and should be proud to be servants of the people. He did not stop there. Since the people are our masters, he went on, and we are their servants, surely the masters have a right to criticise us and take us to task if we do not function properly; so we should not take offence when the people criticise us; our authority rests on public confidence, and not on the power of contempt.

If William Shakespeare were alive (in my opinion he and his plays are eternally alive) he would have gushed: “A Daniel come to judgment! Yea, a Daniel! O wise judge, how I do honour thee!”

The power of contempt that Chief Justice Katju spoke about was a relic that has survived our colonial past when it was as important for Indians to see “the awful majesty of the law” administered mainly by British judges, as it was to hear their ponderous verdicts. If anyone wrote or said anything derogatory about a judge of a superior court (which that judge himself ruled was derogatory) that person was guilty of contempt and could be marched off to prison for up to six months.

http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/75654/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 pm

in two short weeks, katju has gone through the following progression for me --

katju who?

to

mildly weird and interesting

to

what a clown!

to

what a hick!

to

downright repulsive.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/199340/the-last-word-the-media-debate.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:LMAO katju unkil was casting a spell on a cockroach. din work.

hahaha.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 am

>> Rashmun “The States [North Indian] are also fast becoming industrialised and in becoming so, plenty of job opportunities are being created. The students to get employed there, will do well to have a mastery of the language.”

and Hindians come to TN and live here for years without learning Tamil.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Some of the comments in this thread from last spring are very relevant to the current discussions about Markji.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm

panini press wrote:Some of the comments in this thread from last spring are very relevant to the current discussions about Markji.

i am now officially a fan of the bushy eyebrows and the ear hair. the close-up shots are very fetching indeed.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
panini press wrote:Some of the comments in this thread from last spring are very relevant to the current discussions about Markji.

i am now officially a fan of the bushy eyebrows and the ear hair. the close-up shots are very fetching indeed.

Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 pm

bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

This may be a little more suitable given the hair situation. afro

PS: Please note that I am interpreting the black thing going from left to right on the face here to be bushy eyebrows. An emoticon is open to interpretation; this is my interpretation and I am sticking with it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

panini press wrote:
bw wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

This may be a little more suitable given the hair situation. afro

PS: Please note that I am interpreting the black thing going from left to right on the face here to be bushy eyebrows. An emoticon is open to interpretation; this is my interpretation and I am sticking with it.

damn my googling urge.

...and this is just one example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/health_guinness_medical_record_breakers/html/1.stm

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm

OMG @ "God has been very kind to me."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:

From opposition, the DMK seems to have graduated to accommodation. Gone are the days when the party was deeply wedded to opposing Hindi.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/the-opposition-to-hindi-in-tamil-nadu-has-lost-its-edge/1/176382.html

If you want to talk about Katlu...then dont shift to Hindi and Hindi in TN etc..etc...

Are you saying that you lost your argument to MAX on katlu ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down