Greatest batsman ever Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest batsman ever

+4
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
doofus_maximus
8 posters

Go down

Greatest batsman ever Empty Greatest batsman ever

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Purest hitter. With such little backlift and follow through..he can hit the leather out of a cricket ball. What arrogance..what nonchalance. I am getting goosebumps watching this guy bat.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Greatest batsman ever Empty Re: Greatest batsman ever

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:04 pm

haven't watched your video yet. but lemme guess, sir viv? now i'll watch it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:05 pm

haha.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:26 pm

i agree with you, but i also liked this pair a lot in the heyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvYQOpgELgk&feature=relmfu
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 pm

and there are some really great ones who had the misfortune geography working against them. sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb4fkHUGGsA
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and there are some really great ones who had the misfortune geography working against them. sad.

Look at the 4 slips+gully+ point+short cover+ short fine leg..... shyttt

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:and there are some really great ones who had the misfortune geography working against them. sad.

saamiyar: $686 installed cost (parts + tax+ labor) for 4 new toyota sienna minivan tires. good deal/rip-off?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 am

doofus_maximus wrote:

Purest hitter. With such little backlift and follow through..he can hit the leather out of a cricket ball. What arrogance..what nonchalance. I am getting goosebumps watching this guy bat.

I was a kid when I saw his debut in BLR. 4 or 3 runs. But as I recall, he took one of the best catches sending gavaskar out I think He first blocks the ball which goes up tangentially and still traveling when the magic happens. Richard bend over backwards and scoops it. maan that was sorcery I tell you. Kallicharan saved the game with 121 or something. but Richards did make 191 or 193 in that series and established himself

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

saamiyar: $686 installed cost (parts + tax+ labor) for 4 new toyota sienna minivan tires. good deal/rip-off?

It is a little pricey even for Michelin - I assume you want the best: guess it is R15 215 (most minivans have this size)? you should be able to get for 80 to 90$ per tire. add 25% for Boston.

make sure at least it is of Grade B for traction and temp.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

It is a little pricey even for Michelin - I assume you want the best: guess it is R15 215 (most minivans have this size)? you should be able to get for 80 to 90$ per tire. add 25% for Boston.

Saamiyar: Wake up, this is 2012. Back in 2005 my four tires cost me $175 (All inclusive) at Sears. Last year 205/65/15 tire for my camry was 64 bucks at walmart (in south) - not even anywhere close to Boston/NY/Los Angeles). This year the same size tire is 74 at walmart. The idiots are increasing prices every year and not only that they increase installation charges (6.50 from 5.00 last year), warranties and such sundries.

So max had a good deal I would say, if you are in Boston or around.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 17, 2012 9:46 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Saamiyar: Wake up, this is 2012. Back in 2005 my four tires cost me $175 (All inclusive) at Sears. Last year 205/65/15 tire for my camry was 64 bucks at walmart (in south) - not even anywhere close to Boston/NY/Los Angeles). This year the same size tire is 74 at walmart. The idiots are increasing prices every year and not only that they increase installation charges (6.50 from 5.00 last year), warranties and such sundries.

Ok...If your tire costs 85 to 90$ it will come to $360 - say 400$ tops. Allowing for Boston allowance, it is more like 500. Throw in another $50 and make it $550.

So, I was right...Max is paying just a little too much - not really a rip off, but a little pricey.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 am

i got michelin defender which had rave reviews from tire enthusiasts. there are entire discussion forums devoted to tires on family sedans and minivans. we aren't talking formula one racing here. such obsession! these guys were raving about the model i bought. i looked all over the internet and i couldn't find anything less than $650 for these tires. i would have had to order them and taken them to a shop to have them put on. no way i was getting anything less than what i quoted in the post above. nobody can beat these price club (BJs/costco) type places for tires. so yeah pretty satisfied with what i got.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 10:42 am

garam_kuta wrote:
I was a kid when I saw his debut in BLR. 4 or 3 runs.

His debut was in November 1974. how old were u then? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

LOL@this exchange between guru-shishya and the near rant on a 1.50 increase per year.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri May 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Richards is one batsman bowlers used to fear. He never wore a helmet which makes his batting fearless and extra special.
The only modern batsman who comes close to matching the "fear factor" of Viv is Sehwag. Of course Sehwag is lucky to bat in batsman friendly conditions but he is a product of his times and it is not his mistake that pitches suck for bowlers these days.
Just like Viv, Malcolm Marshall is one bowler who batsmen used to fear. He was menacing and super quick. I remember a match in Sharjah where Srikanth hit him for a six and a four. My uncle said "what's gotten into him? He's finished!" Marshall clean bowled him a couple of balls later. The only bowlers who had a similar "fear factor" were Wasim Akram and Waqar in his heyday. Even if they announced beforehand to the batsman that they are going to bowl an inswinging yorker, there was,t much the batsman could do to save himself.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

nevada wrote:Richards is one batsman bowlers used to fear. He never wore a helmet which makes his batting fearless and extra special.
The only modern batsman who comes close to matching the "fear factor" of Viv is Sehwag. Of course Sehwag is lucky to bat in batsman friendly conditions but he is a product of his times and it is not his mistake that pitches suck for bowlers these days.
Just like Viv, Malcolm Marshall is one bowler who batsmen used to fear. He was menacing and super quick. I remember a match in Sharjah where Srikanth hit him for a six and a four. My uncle said "what's gotten into him? He's finished!" Marshall clean bowled him a couple of balls later. The only bowlers who had a similar "fear factor" were Wasim Akram and Waqar in his heyday. Even if they announced beforehand to the batsman that they are going to bowl an inswinging yorker, there was,t much the batsman could do to save himself.

there's a batsman at my workplace that all chinese buffets fear.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm

In terms of batsmen richards is far above others. But he does not have to have to face the feared west indian fast bowlers of the era. On the other hand he has to deal with jeff thomson dennis lillee imran khan who equally feared by the batsmen of that era.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down