For 2 frikking binders... Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For 2 frikking binders...

4 posters

Go down

For 2 frikking binders... Empty For 2 frikking binders...

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

... And one flexible folder... have been hanging around in staples for 20 minutes. How hard it is to pick out 2 2" binders?

"oh mommy if you were in high school you would know how this is the most important choice you make."

tearing hair out

Back to top Go down

For 2 frikking binders... Empty Re: For 2 frikking binders...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:... And one flexible folder... have been hanging around in staples for 20 minutes. How hard it is to pick out 2 2" binders?

"oh mommy if you were in high school you would know how this is the most important choice you make."

tearing hair out

I heard once a 12 yr old tell me "You dont know how stressful it is in high school these days."

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:... And one flexible folder... have been hanging around in staples for 20 minutes. How hard it is to pick out 2 2" binders?

For 2 frikking binders... 82819051

Solution to problem: Have spouse do the school shopping.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 am

this is the most worthwhile post that Our Darlin' has made here.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:06 am

like you, we too fail to see sarcasm in posts. clap nats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

Kris wrote:

For 2 frikking binders... 82819051

Solution to problem: Have spouse do the school shopping.

I did offer it. Here the teens becomes the kid. 'No mommy, my whole life I have done school supplies shopping with only you!'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

LOL! my son is in hostel and living with lizards (he doesn't mind them). my wife told the younger that in 2 years he too will be there. immediately he shot back -- dad's buying a flat in bangalore na, i will stay there! i think i will not buy a flat in bangalore now. Razz

kids know how to push the buttons -- we underestimate them. these are gen Y kids. sometimes i think that these kids are so tech savvy -- buying, booking, reading on their phone and ipads. they are so used to instant gratification and response. whereas the real india is so bureaucratic, slow, phlegmatic, discouraging. how will they ever reconcile to the real india when they grow up. i hope they don't have to live in india as adults.

if they do live in india as adults, i will hope they follow rajiv gandhi's example. when quizzed about how running a country was different from flying a plane, he quipped, "it's the same thing...the only difference is that response takes a bit longer here."

let me forward this post to my older via fb now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i think i will not buy a flat in bangalore now. Razz
you should at least buy each of them a personal lota.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:LOL! my son is in hostel and living with lizards (he doesn't mind them).

where did he end up?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 pm

he did not get his stream in manipal institute of technology. he got it in rv college, bangalore. NUS and Nanyang rejected him. he is in rv now. his choice was electronics and communications.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

rv is a good school. i went to grad school with someone from rv. he is now at NASA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 pm

thanks. PP also had nice things to say about it. kumble is an alumnus! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:37 pm

you know, i feel that undergrad education should never become e-undergrad. as my wife just narrated to me, the older was subjected to (mild) ragging/hazing today. older said, to my wife, that he had lost 50% of his shame!

i want to also mention something one of my professors had said in college: college is not a place of learning; it is a window: a window that shows you where you can go or return to later in life to learn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Do they still make them recite and enact Sholay scenes and sing and dance on mehbooba mehbooba? I was told much later that boys in my class were made to imagine-do me. Never understood the logic. But I did understand why all of them hated me for about two years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Do they still make them recite and enact Sholay scenes and sing and dance on mehbooba mehbooba?
Razz yes they do. older was made to marry his batch-mate and pretend he is the wife -- for half an hour. ragging is not over -- will carry on for a few more days.

p.s. all this never happened. it was out of campus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down