Why India is still a third world country. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why India is still a third world country.

2 posters

Go down

Why India is still a third world country. Empty Why India is still a third world country.

Post by Rishi Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I was about to

Cross the road, negotiating garbage on the pavement-less road, when I spot an auto ready to mow me down. “Idhu one-way (this is a one-way),” I shout. “Nee traffic constableaa (are you a traffic constable)?” he retorts cheekily. A concerned citizen asks, “Neenga okayaa?” I manage, “Supera irrukain (Oh, I’m just super).”

http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?283304

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Why India is still a third world country. Empty Re: Why India is still a third world country.

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Rishi wrote:I was about to
Cross the road, negotiating garbage on the pavement-less road,

Garbage in streets is a sign of country’s progressive and far-sighted policies.

Thanks to Govt. quotas, workers taking care of garbage before are now put in the category of disadvantaged (OBC and SC, including dalit etc.) and thus made eligible for Govt help to train for and pursue other occupations (without needing to toil as manual workers, including even as farmers).

<p>
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Why India is still a third world country. Empty Re: Why India is still a third world country.

Post by Rishi Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Rishi wrote:I was about to
Cross the road, negotiating garbage on the pavement-less road,

Garbage in streets is a sign of country’s progressive and far-sighted policies.

Thanks to Govt. quotas, workers taking care of garbage before are now put in the category of disadvantaged (OBC and SC, including dalit etc.) and thus made eligible for Govt help to train for and pursue other occupations (without needing to toil as manual workers, including even as farmers).

<p>
<p>
<p>I was referring to the behavior of the auto driver. He was not obeying the traffic law voluntarily. On top of that, he had the gall to insult the person he was about to run over.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down