Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united

2 posters

Go down

A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united Empty A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 pm

The first language of all muslims in AP, Karnataka, and most of TN (excepting only the deep south) is hindi/urdu/dakhini (same language with minor differences). This being the case the vast majority of muslims in South India do not have a regional identity. And they will never support regional groups advocating secession.

Back to top Go down

A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united Empty Re: A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:The first language of all muslims in AP, Karnataka, and most of TN (excepting only the deep south) is hindi/urdu/dakhini (same language with minor differences). This being the case the vast majority of muslims in South India do not have a regional identity. And they will never support regional groups advocating secession.

I should clarify that this is just one centripetal force holding India together in my opinion. There are many other centripetal forces (and also centrifugal forces) at work.

Back to top Go down

A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united Empty Re: A counter intuitive proposition on why India will remain united

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:The first language of all muslims in AP, Karnataka, and most of TN (excepting only the deep south) is hindi/urdu/dakhini (same language with minor differences). This being the case the vast majority of muslims in South India do not have a regional identity. And they will never support regional groups advocating secession.

you keep repeating that, but it's wrong. i grew up in three different places in TN all geographically distinct from each other and the only muslim in TN i knew who did not speak tamil was originally from karnataka; bijapur i think.

most muslims in TN are like this guy:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 pm

even their religious music is in tamil:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:02 am

when you say shit like most TN muslims speak urdu, i'm reminded of a childhood friend who used to claim that all northindian males are named singh, and have beards and turbans.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when you say shit like most TN muslims speak urdu, i'm reminded of a childhood friend who used to claim that all northindian males are named singh, and have beards and turbans.

My understanding is that Tamils in north TN generally know Urdu. Meanwhile take a look at this (unfortunately the quality of English in this article is not up to your standards):

http://twocircles.net/2009sep26/urdu_speaking_tamil_muslims_vellore_tamil_nadu.html

Did you ever stay in Northern TN?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

Do you agree that the first language of Muslims in AP and Karnataka is Urdu?

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 am

Rashmun wrote:Do you agree that the first language of Muslims in AP and Karnataka is Urdu?

yeah yeah before you go further tell me what these mean to you

... theri maa soru thunna bhulAthirey

...kya ji thummu.. belagae belagae aawaazu !

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down