Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab

+10
Hellsangel
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
Merlot Daruwala
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
goodcitizn
Rishi
14 posters

Go down

List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab Empty List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab

Post by Rishi Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122520120/Complete-List-of-203-people-who-Signed-mercy-petition-for-Kasab-TraitorsExposed-Via-BSKS-India

Rishi

Back to top Go down

List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab Empty Re: List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:05 am

Surprisingly very few muslim names on the petition.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab Empty Re: List of persons who endorsed mercy petition for Ajmal Kasab

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am

goodcitizn wrote:Surprisingly very few muslim names on the petition.

There is a guy called Aakar Patel on that list. He is a Muslim with a Hindu sounding name. He writes columns bashing Hindus.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 am

What's the objective of publishing the names? Is this some kind of public witch hunt of people who advocated for mercy?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am

panini press wrote:What's the objective of publishing the names? Is this some kind of public witch hunt of people who advocated for mercy?

The same thought occured to me when I saw it too. Wonder what kind of backlash they received.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 am

goodcitizn wrote:
panini press wrote:What's the objective of publishing the names? Is this some kind of public witch hunt of people who advocated for mercy?

The same thought occured to me when I saw it too. Wonder what kind of backlash they received.

Is this a Sikh website or a "Sikh liberation Front" website? Think it is the latter one.

In any case, I agree Kasab should be mercied.

As a reduced punishment his hands - that killed so many people - should be cutted, and let him live with his 2 legs. And, he should be ordered to eat Pork Biriyani daily.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 am

Rishi wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/122520120/Complete-List-of-203-people-who-Signed-mercy-petition-for-Kasab-TraitorsExposed-Via-BSKS-India

>>>>I had no sympathy for this terrorist scumbag Kasab and in fact think he should have been done away with right after the horror. However, those who signed the petition may well have done that out of opposition to the death penalty. The term 'traitors' seems like over-reach.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 am

Kris wrote:
Rishi wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/122520120/Complete-List-of-203-people-who-Signed-mercy-petition-for-Kasab-TraitorsExposed-Via-BSKS-India

>>>>I had no sympathy for this terrorist scumbag Kasab and in fact think he should have been done away with right after the horror. However, those who signed the petition may well have done that out of opposition to the death penalty. The term 'traitors' seems like over-reach.
Exactly.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 am

Breasty-beauty, you've now crossed a line with this post.

Advocacy against the death penalty is a article of belief for many people, just as advocacy of freedom of speech might be for some or the advocacy of castration for rapists might be for some others. You're free to agree or disagree with that advocacy and do so forcefully, as we often do at SUCH.

But just because you disagree with a viewpoint, it does not give you (or other cretinous nutjobs out there) the right to publish the names and email-ids of those people and violate their privacy. By posting this here, you're a full participant in a despicable witch-hunt and no different from lowly chaddi mobs. Shame on you.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Breasty-beauty, you've now crossed a line with this post.

Advocacy against the death penalty is a article of belief for many people, just as advocacy of freedom of speech might be for some or the advocacy of castration for rapists might be for some others. You're free to agree or disagree with that advocacy and do so forcefully, as we often do at SUCH.

But just because you disagree with a viewpoint, it does not give you (or other cretinous nutjobs out there) the right to publish the names and email-ids of those people and violate their privacy. By posting this here, you're a full participant in a despicable witch-hunt and no different from lowly chaddi mobs. Shame on you.

The petition is a public document. These guys themselves wanted everyone in the world to know where they stand on the death penalty and signed the petition and included their e-mail ids for people to contact them.

What is your problem?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am

Rishi wrote:What is your problem?

These people signed the petition and sent it to the President, not to some newspaper or website for publication of their names and email-ids. Putting up their names and email-ids on the web with the hashtag "Traitors Exposed" is an invitation to every nutjob out there to target them with hatemail or worse.

Your action of posting it here serves the exact same despicable purpose and no other - if there is, please educate me. But far from naming and shaming them, it is really a reflection of the scum that you are.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:57 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

These people signed the petition and sent it to the President, not to some newspaper or website for publication of their names and email-ids. Putting up their names and email-ids on the web with the hashtag "Traitors Exposed" is an invitation to every nutjob out there to target them with hatemail or worse.

Your action of posting it here serves the exact same despicable purpose and no other - if there is, please educate me. But far from naming and shaming them, it is really a reflection of the scum that you are.

You have resorted to name calling!

Bye.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Sir, thanks for a great example on Preacheth but not followeth?

NAT EASY SAAR
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:09 am

Rishi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Bye.

rishi -- do think about what you are propagating. you may not be the originator of this list, but this sort of publicizing certainly puts the life of these people at risk. i am with MD on this one. for some people, myself included, opposition to the death penalty is absolute. signing this document does not mean they condone ajmal kasab.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

O'reilly was interviewing Deepak Chopra on TV right after Mumbai shootings. Chopra spoke about understanding and seeing things (shootings in Mumbai) in the light of Kashmiris' grievances. O'Reilly replied, paraphrasing, " you sound like a nutcase."
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:O'reilly was interviewing Deepak Chopra on TV right after Mumbai shootings. Chopra spoke about understanding and seeing things (shootings in Mumbai) in the light of Kashmiris' grievances. O'Reilly replied, paraphrasing, " you sound like a nutcase."

>>>>I guess even O'Reilly can say an intelligent thing or two once in awhile.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

rishi -- do think about what you are propagating. you may not be the originator of this list, but this sort of publicizing certainly puts the life of these people at risk. i am with MD on this one. for some people, myself included, opposition to the death penalty is absolute. signing this document does not mean they condone ajmal kasab.

Even when it came to Osama Bin Laden?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Rishi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Bye.

Awww! Paparajan is such a sweet, sensitive kid.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

The internet is a pretty nasty public place, and all that is public on internet... is public... open

Don't regret in re-posting public information.

Make a guess why everyone here is using fake handle(s)?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm

southindian wrote:The internet is a pretty nasty public place, and all that is public on internet... is public... open

including you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
southindian wrote:The internet is a pretty nasty public place, and all that is public on internet... is public... open

including you.

Sure Max. Yours truly included.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

when did the trial happen? i missed it.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Yes!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 pm

I can understand the desire to not voilate the privacy of people. However i am not sure these people intend to sign a secret petition. Is it not a requirement that public know who is asking to ovrrturn a supreme court decision?
If such petitions can be secrrt, does not create room for mischief by govt?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Yes!

How do you justify your stand to the families of hundreds of innocent victims killed by Kasab? The right punishment for him would've been solitary confinement, without the chance of a parole, until the end of his life. No peek into the outside world, just confined in a small room with the pix of all the victims posted on its walls. Would such a punishment be feasible in India? the max sentence/life imprisonment is just 14 yrs. Is that kind of punishment justified for a mass murderer like Kasab?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:12 pm

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

A+.

i'm happy OBL is dead, but there is no question of a death penalty because he wasn't brought to trial. it was probably inevitable that he would go the way he did.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

clap
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Trails and all are for India, not for America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

A+.

i'm happy OBL is dead, but there is no question of a death penalty because he wasn't brought to trial. it was probably inevitable that he would go the way he did.

note to self: when talking to death penalty opponents, it's important to remember they dont oppose state sanctioned killing of civilians/enemy combatants/thugs etc in the 'heat of the battle' aka encounter. they just dont like it when they're taken to court and sanctioned to die after a nice meal.

bullet to the head from soldiers in middle of night - A OK,
noose after due process in front of courts and jurors - NO NO!

alrighty then

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

A+.

note to self: when talking to death penalty opponents, it's important to remember they dont oppose state sanctioned killing of civilians/enemy combatants/thugs etc in the 'heat of the battle' aka encounter. they just dont like it when they're taken to court and sanctioned to die after a nice meal.

alrighty then

the dripping sarcasm aside, there really was no plan to bring OBL to trial, the misgivings of death penalty opponents notwithstanding.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

A+.

alrighty then

the dripping sarcasm aside, there really was no plan to bring OBL to trial, the misgivings of death penalty opponents notwithstanding.

so there are no absolutes then? it's ok for OBL to get the bullet to the head but not the noose? or you wouldnt want a state sanctioned bullet to the head or noose for anyone?

it's ok for kasam to be shot after/while surrendering but not ok for the state to murder him after due process and deliberation? I never understood the stand that death penalty opponents take - I think deep down they would a catch and release program for criminals.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:53 pm

like any sane person i didn't want OBL to be free. in an ideal scenario, i would have liked him captured and brought to trial and put away for life. but no matter what, even if the americans wanted to capture him alive (big if), he would have gone out in a blaze. we can only talk about the death penalty when there is a trial. what control do death penalty opponents have over these kind of situations?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

so there are no absolutes then? it's ok for OBL to get the bullet to the head but not the noose? or you wouldnt want a state sanctioned bullet to the head or noose for anyone?

it's ok for kasam to be shot after/while surrendering but not ok for the state to murder him after due process and deliberation? I never understood the stand that death penalty opponents take - I think deep down they would a catch and release program for criminals.

There is an excellent INDIAN way to satisfy everyone.

Kasab can try to escape while taking a walk after his Biriyani and Kamal happens to be there trying to pacify the muslim protesters. He notices Kasab escaping and he goes after him with his guns blazing, and renames hi s movie KasabKabab.

Muslim protesters happy

Kamal Happy

Pakistan happy

P711 is happy

Max is happy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down