Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state

+4
Kayalvizhi
Propagandhi711
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Kris
8 posters

Go down

Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state Empty Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 am

CHENNAI: Actor Kamal Haasan said on Wednesday that he will file a petition in the Supreme Court to overturn the ban on his film 'Vishwaroopam'.

The Madras high court on Wednesday set aside a single judge order staying the government's prohibitory orders on film 'Vishwaroopam'. As a result, theatres cannot screen the film anywhere in Tamil Nadu.

Earlier in the day, Kamal Haasan said he is ready to cut a few scenes from his movie 'Vishwaroopam'.

"My Muslim family has reached out to me. They came and told me which portions they want removed, they told me the scenes they wanted cut and the words of Quran they wanted removed. They told me which are the scenes that would offend and could be removed," said the actor, who was flanked by Congress leader J M Haroon, lyricist Vairamuthu, and several film personalities.

"We are thankful that he has agreed to remove the Quran words from the film. He immediately came forward to delete the portions," said Haroon.

The actor added that the issue has been settled amicably. "There are no differences between me and my Muslim brothers. I am hearing some alarming news both from my fans and Muslim friends so far. Now it is up to the law enforcement and the justice department to ensure nothing happens to my Muslim brethren and others," he said, adding that the film is in praise of Muslims.

An emotional Kamal Haasan said that he is thinking of leaving Tamil Nadu for some other secular state in India as the problems over his movie Vishwaroopam's release continued.

"I will look at all the states from Kashmir to Kerala excluding Tamil Nadu. If I don't find one which is secular, I will leave for another country. M F Hussain had to leave, now Haasan will have to," said the actor, whose movie's release was stopped by TN state government authorities last week after a few Muslim groups protested.

The actor told media on Wednesday that he will continue to make Tamil movies and love Tamilians even if he leaves India. "Only my passport will change," said Kamal.

Late on Tuesday night, Justice K Venkataraman had stayed the Tamil Nadu government's prohibitory orders, thereby paving the way for the film's release.

Soon after, top government lawyers rushed to the residence of Acting Chief Justice Elipe Dharma Rao and obtained permission to move an urgent appeal today. When the matter was taken up, the first bench comprising Justice Dharma Rao and Justice Aruna Jagadeesan wanted to know if Kamal's lawyers had approached the district collectors challenging their prohibitory orders. When the reply was in the negative, the court said that when the statue permits an officer to exercise a particular power that authority should be allowed to exercise it.

Pointing out that advocate-general sought to file a detailed counter, the judges said the counters could be filed by Monday, and the matter could be taken up by the single judge by Wednesday,

"You have only two options before you. Either approach the district collectors and appeal against their prohibitory orders or wait for the single judge to pass final orders in the matter.

Indicating that Kamal might approach the Supreme Court immediately, his senior counsel P S Raman wanted a copy of the order today itself. The plea was granted by the bench.
Share your views

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Vishwaroopam-Madras-HC-upholds-ban-Kamal-Haasan-to-move-SC/articleshow/18255485.cms

Back to top Go down

Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state Empty Re: Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 am

La Affaire Viswaroopam has degenerated into a farce. It is clear that Kamal Haasan has offended Amma in some way. There is no other explanation. All talk about "freedom of expression" vis-a-vis "maintaining public order" is just a red herring.

Posted on: Jan 30, 2013 at 18:27 IST
http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/tamil-nadu/vishwaroopam-ban-stays/article4361060.ece?homepage=true

Back to top Go down

Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state Empty Re: Madras High Court reimposes ban on Vishwaroopam, Kamal Hassan contemplating leaving TN for some secular state

Post by Kris Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

"They came and told me which portions they want removed, they told me the scenes they wanted cut and the words of Quran they wanted removed. They told me which are the scenes that would offend and could be removed,"

>>>>This is scary!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

Which secular state is he thinking of? In India, they have either "super secular" states (ruled by fashion secularists who lick the behinds of the pieceful) or "communal" states (ruled by Modi). No super secular" state will take him risking losing the pieceful vote. The secular state he seeks doesn't exist in India. He is better off to go West. In the name of secularism, Indian politicians foster the fringe elements, just for VOTES. In TN, the elephant is mad and is harassing him. DISGUSTING politicians.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Which secular state is he thinking of? In India, they have either "super secular" states (ruled by fashion secularists who lick the behinds of the pieceful) or "communal" states (ruled by Modi). No super secular" state will take him risking losing the pieceful vote. The secular state he seeks doesn't exist in India. He is better off to go West. In the name of secularism, Indian politicians foster the fringe elements, just for VOTES. In TN, the elephant is mad and is harassing him. DISGUSTING politicians.

the film is being shown in Kerala.

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Actor-director Kamal Haasan's " Vishwaroopam" continues to run in theatres in Kerala despite protests from a section of Muslim organisations, police sources said today.

Adequate protection was being given for the screening of the movie which has been cleared by the Censor Board, the sources said.

However, movie shows were disrupted in some parts of Ernakulam, Idukki and Palakkad districts.

In Palakkad, pro-CPI (M) Democratic Youth Federation of India forced closure of all theatres after the screening of the movie was withdrawn from a theatre, saying no film would be allowed to screen if the Kamal Haasan film was withdrawn.

Muslim outfits like Social Democratic Party of India staged protests against the film across the state.

Kerala Film Exhibitors Association president V Mohanan said the film was successfully running in all centres where the police was giving protection. "In some theatres, the shows were disrupted," he said.

CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said that it would be better if the critics of the film left it to the people to see and judge the movie instead of clamouring for its ban.

The film was released in Kerala, where about 25% of the population comprises Muslims, yesterday by the Cinema Exhibitors' Association and the Kerala State Film Development Corporation.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-26/india/36563315_1_kamal-haasan-s-vishwaroopam-muslim-outfits-kerala-film-exhibitors-association

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:"There are no differences between me and my Muslim brothers. I am hearing some alarming news both from my fans and Muslim friends so far. Now it is up to the law enforcement and the justice department to ensure nothing happens to my Muslim brethren and others," he said, adding that the film is in praise of Muslims.

xlation: I'm scaaareeeedddd...after all the amicable relations we've been practising with TN muslims for centuries, they've turned on me. muslims, please spare me. law enforcement, I want to put my head on your shoulder and cry please dont let anything happen to me.

he should probably flee to gujarat and "get their passport". modi will protect him.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:21 pm

A Tamil movie "kuttachaattu" about Rajiv Gandhi assassination was bannede because it showed Congress leaders in bad light and said the assassin said she was raped by IPKF,

There was no ho and cry about it. Yesterday the bell tolled against that little known producer today it is for a more widely known actor.

Lesson. Protect basic rights of everyone., otherwise you will lose your rights too,

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

What does this whole incident tell you about Tamil Nadu politics, politicians, Tamil Nadu Muslims and Tamil Nadu people?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am

southindian wrote:What does this whole incident tell you about Tamil Nadu politics, politicians, Tamil Nadu Muslims and Tamil Nadu people?

that they would not have been in this shithole had they learned Hindi.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am

TN politics ---- No different from politics anywhere else in India (remember Gandhiji's 7 sins - Politics without principle; Commerce without morality, etc.

TN politicians ---- No different from politicians anywhere else in India - corrupt, vindictive, selfish, immoral etc.

TN Muslims ----- No different from muslims anywhere else in India, irrespective of claims to the contrary.

TN People ------ No different from people anywhere else in India. They too are bakras manipulated by politicians and goondas.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am

indophile wrote:TN politics ---- No different from politics anywhere else in India (remember Gandhiji's 7 sins - Politics without principle; Commerce without morality, etc.

TN politicians ---- No different from politicians anywhere else in India - corrupt, vindictive, selfish, immoral etc.

TN Muslims ----- No different from muslims anywhere else in India, irrespective of claims to the contrary.

TN People ------ No different from people anywhere else in India. They too are bakras manipulated by politicians and goondas.

Right On. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am

indophile wrote:TN politics ---- No different from politics anywhere else in India (remember Gandhiji's 7 sins - Politics without principle; Commerce without morality, etc.

I dont agree with the TN muslims bit. people are different from place to place, muslims included. muslims in guntur arent the same as the ones from hyd, for instance. I cant speak much for TN muslims, but you dont hear abt them in news the same way you hear abt hyd, delhi, gujarat, some places in karnataka etc this current incident excluded. same with ppl - there's a huge difference in ppl's outlook in life depending on their literacy rates, their industriousness, their overall culture. same with women - you just dont get the asses you get in brazil elsewhere, percapita, for example. I could go on and on

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:I dont agree with the TN muslims bit. people are different from place to place, muslims included. muslims in guntur arent the same as the ones from hyd, for instance. I cant speak much for TN muslims, but you dont hear abt them in news the same way you hear abt hyd, delhi, gujarat, some places in karnataka etc this current incident excluded. same with ppl - there's a huge difference in ppl's outlook in life depending on their literacy rates, their industriousness, their overall culture. same with women - you just dont get the asses you get in brazil elsewhere, percapita, for example. I could go on and on
LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am

Rashmun wrote: They came and told me which portions they want removed, they told me the scenes they wanted cut and the words of Quran they wanted removed. They told me which are the scenes that would offend and could be removed," said the actor, who was flanked by Congress leader J M Haroon, lyricist Vairamuthu, and several film personalities.

The scenes Kamalasan cuts in the above will leave holes in the movie, which he probably can fill by adding SRK's movie song "Om Shanti Om".

Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down