Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The irony...

Go down

The irony...  Empty The irony...

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

... about the recent spate of privacy complaints is this. For more than a year now, Rashmun has been trying to limit my admin powers. He conducted a number of polls seeking to replace me as admin, and he has sought to limit my logins as admin. He even fought with me for not telling him why I had logged in as admin. Not out of any particular concern for his feelings, but because of my own stated preferences, I have minimized admin logins on this forum. Until recently, that is. I logged in as admin perhaps twice, or thrice, during all of 2012. January of 2013 is not done yet, and I have already had to login thrice as admin, thanks to the disclosure of private information. Once each by JM, HA, and Propa. The common feature to all three: whining / goading / taunting regarding disclosure of personal information from Rashmun. Perhaps this is inadvertent on his part, but he has certainly helped along in a completely avoidable increase in the exercise of my admin powers!

I have no inclination to play an active admin on this forum. I hope we can all stay well within the privacy policy of this forum, so I can stay away from the admin login for the rest of the year and beyond.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

The irony...  Empty Re: The irony...

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:05 pm

panini press wrote:... about the recent spate of privacy complaints is this. For more than a year now, Rashmun has been trying to limit my admin powers. He conducted a number of polls seeking to replace me as admin, and he has sought to limit my logins as admin. He even fought with me for not telling him why I had logged in as admin. Not out of any particular concern for his feelings, but because of my own stated preferences, I have minimized admin logins on this forum. Until recently, that is. I logged in as admin perhaps twice, or thrice, during all of 2012. January of 2013 is not done yet, and I have already had to login thrice as admin, thanks to the disclosure of private information. Once each by JM, HA, and Propa. The common feature to all three: whining / goading / taunting regarding disclosure of personal information from Rashmun. Perhaps this is inadvertent on his part, but he has certainly helped along in a completely avoidable increase in the exercise of my admin powers!

I have no inclination to play an active admin on this forum. I hope we can all stay well within the privacy policy of this forum, so I can stay away from the admin login for the rest of the year and beyond.

1. Now that everyone knows not only your name but also the name of your employer there is no concern on my part about you obtaining private information, like location and workplace of any poster. Because if you abuse your Admin power by revealing private information of any poster everyone knows that a formal complaint duly signed by many of the posters on this forum will be sent to your employers. Please login as much as you want.

2. I was not involved in any way when JM decided to reveal the purported names of you and your employer.

3. I shared my opinion on privacy and stand by it. The only rogue posters on this forum with respect to privacy have been Hellsangel and Propagandhi. The way to deal with them whenever they seek to bully any poster by revealing private information of that poster is to reveal private information about YOU. No harm will be done to you or to the bullied poster because you will come along and delete all such posts which reveal private information and you will also give an earful to your buddies for having inconvenienced you.

Is it your contention that Propa and HA have inevitably been revealing private information about other posters always at my instigation. If this is so you must have a very low opinion of the intelligence of your buddies.

Back to top Go down