Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are your favorite apps?

+2
Propagandhi711
pravalika nanda
6 posters

Go down

what are your favorite apps? Empty what are your favorite apps?

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 pm

i'm guessing everyone has an iphone here, or some other way to get apps. the apps i like a lot are:
** the translate app: i can go from english to telugu or spanish etc.
** i really like the flashlight app. the other day, my fuse blew and my whole apt had no light and i had no flash light. i stayed in the dark for about three hrs and i used the flashlight app to get about the apt. i had originally downloaded it cuz as a triage nurse i have to check the pupillary light reflex on all my patients.
** i also like howjsay, cuz lots of times i mispronounce words, esp things like "c'est la vie." so the nice thing is it does foreign languages like latin and french and some german words.
** for music, i like pandora a lot. i also have shazam. if you walk into a restaurant or a mall and they're playing some song, and you don't know what it is, you turn on your shazam and try to get close to the source of the music and hopefully shazam can i.d. it for you. so far it hasn't worked for me, but it works for my sis.
okay, that's it, your turn. if your app sounds useful, i'd like to try it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

what are your favorite apps? Empty Re: what are your favorite apps?

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 am

I like the app that allows the phone to make calls. it's part of QC snapdragon family, particularly the MSM8227 chipset

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:57 am

I don't have an iPhone.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 am

i use the podcast app and an app called whatsapp to text friends and family. of course the weather app.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:i'm guessing everyone has an iphone here, or some other way to get apps. the apps i like a lot are:
** the translate app: i can go from english to telugu or spanish etc.
** i really like the flashlight app. the other day, my fuse blew and my whole apt had no light and i had no flash light. i stayed in the dark for about three hrs and i used the flashlight app to get about the apt. i had originally downloaded it cuz as a triage nurse i have to check the pupillary light reflex on all my patients.
** i also like howjsay, cuz lots of times i mispronounce words, esp things like "c'est la vie." so the nice thing is it does foreign languages like latin and french and some german words.
** for music, i like pandora a lot. i also have shazam. if you walk into a restaurant or a mall and they're playing some song, and you don't know what it is, you turn on your shazam and try to get close to the source of the music and hopefully shazam can i.d. it for you. so far it hasn't worked for me, but it works for my sis.
okay, that's it, your turn. if your app sounds useful, i'd like to try it.
i got all these -- the android versions -- on my htc. yeah, the flashlight is the most nifty. my family doc. used it last time he was over and marveled at it. i find it comes handy when we have a punctured wheel on a dark night on a deserted highway. soundhound or shazam as you call it is also useful for picking up titles from the car's FM. i also like kindle on my phone. but my favourite is the clock and alarms. my son just got a galaxy s3 and i was impressed by it. i might switch to samsung. iphone, apple, i don't like.

edit. there is also an app. that reads your pulse using the phone's camera and your finger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Waze, yelp, flixter, a lot of book apps. I download most of the apps to check the UX.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 pm

apart from whatsapp, FB, kik and viber I love pandora, youtube, saavn, songza, vonage, yelp and many more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Imessage, kik -> to talk with kids.
Instagram -> to stalk them ( they installed it for me so that I allow them to sign up on it, but so far I've never used it. They hid it somewhere on my screen).
FaceTime
YM
Mail
Ludo - timepass when with kids
Hangman - timepass when alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm

My favorite Android apps are: Flipboard, Maps, AdFree, Chrome, PDANet, Vonage, Yelp, OpenTable, DroidLight, Netflix, Pandora, Pocket, PageOnce Travel. I used to use the Redfin app a lot. Installed Viber recently when asked to, and it looks interesting.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Imessage, kik -> to talk with kids.
Instagram -> to stalk them ( they installed it for me so that I allow them to sign up on it, but so far I've never used it. They hid it somewhere on my screen).
FaceTime
YM
Mail
Ludo - timepass when with kids
Hangman - timepass when alone.

you may also like 'whats the word and Draw Free Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Just the basics and nothing fancy.

I don't have an iPhone.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down