Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is your favorite charity...

+2
Idéfix
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

Who is your favorite charity... Empty Who is your favorite charity...

Post by Hellsangel Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:15 pm

..that you donate to or volunteer for?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Who is your favorite charity... Empty Re: Who is your favorite charity...

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't have a favorite charity, so I spread my contributions. I donate regularly to: local NPR station, Wikimedia Foundation, local community arts studio, my undergrad and graduate schools, Medecins sans Frontieres, and a small local organization back home that educates underprivileged children. I also donate sporadically to cause-based organizations like Equality California and disaster relief efforts.

I volunteer sporadically for: local NPR station, local community arts studio, AID and Asha. I do this a lot less than I would ideally like to.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Sorry, My English is not at par with experts here and so I am not answering. My fingers are all tied up from typing.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:01 pm

panini press wrote:I don't have a favorite charity, so I spread my contributions. I donate regularly to: local NPR station, Wikimedia Foundation, local community arts studio, my undergrad and graduate schools, Medecins sans Frontieres, and a small local organization back home that educates underprivileged children. I also donate sporadically to cause-based organizations like Equality California and disaster relief efforts.

I volunteer sporadically for: local NPR station, local community arts studio, AID and Asha. I do this a lot less than I would ideally like to.

Please add UUF to your list. Your help is much needed and appreciated.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
panini press wrote:I don't have a favorite charity, so I spread my contributions. I donate regularly to: local NPR station, Wikimedia Foundation, local community arts studio, my undergrad and graduate schools, Medecins sans Frontieres, and a small local organization back home that educates underprivileged children. I also donate sporadically to cause-based organizations like Equality California and disaster relief efforts.

What is that?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 pm

panini press wrote:

What is that?

That is Upilli and Upilli Fund!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm

panini press wrote:

What is that?

Don't listen to "that" girl.

UUF is a charitable organization that helps old people in these hard economic times.

Uppili Upliftment Foundation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Doctors without Borders

1. Nobel prize for peace receipient

2. over 95% money goes for the work (unlike some others where large % goes for overhead)

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Doctors without Borders

1. Nobel prize for peace receipient

2. over 95% money goes for the work (unlike others where large % goes for marketing and salaries)
Yes. I have a high regard for this organization.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 am

Sankara Eye Foundation. They directly trace your donations to operations done on folks, and send you their names. You know your funds directly made the difference and gave sight for a few folks!

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down