Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agenda de jour: divide and rule

+2
bw
Idéfix
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Agenda de jour: divide and rule Empty Agenda de jour: divide and rule

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:35 am

In politics and sociology, divide and rule (or divide and conquer) (derived from Greek: διαίρει καὶ βασίλευε (Diaírei kaì basíleue)) is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures and prevents smaller power groups from linking up.

The maxims divide et impera and divide ut regnes were utilised by the Roman ruler Caesar and the French emperor Napoleon.

Elements of this technique involve:
  • creating or encouraging divisions among the subjects to prevent alliances that could challenge the sovereign
  • aiding and promoting those who are willing to cooperate with the sovereign
  • fostering distrust and enmity between local rulers
  • encouraging meaningless expenditures that reduce the capability for political and military spending
Historically this strategy was used in many different ways by empires seeking to expand their territories.

The British and French set the Indian states against each other, both as a means of undermining each other's influence and consolidating their authority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Agenda de jour: divide and rule Empty Re: Agenda de jour: divide and rule

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 am

divide and rule is something you do when there is no division. simply pointing out division which is already actually existing is certainly not divide and rule.

Wait, that was PP pee peeing and poo pooing again as is his wont. Please carry on PP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 am

So much for PP's claim that he does not read my posts anymore! Hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 am

i am more interested in the various strategic alliances formed.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 am

bw wrote:i am more interested in the various strategic alliances formed.
It's like the Indian general elections. Coalition dharma and all.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 am

Rashmun wrote:So much for PP's claim that he does not read my posts anymore! Hahaha.

douchemunullah gangotrichatopadhayay hasnt understood the concept of blocking yet. douche (may I call you that affectionately), let me correct the misunderstanding you've been belaboring under, namely that the sideways screwing glut admin has not ignored you, he just said he did but is really devouring your original content voraciously:

you see, when someone replies to a poster that is on ignore, the ignoree can see the original content posted by the ignored and may respond to it if he sees fit.

I know you're emotionally challenged and a failed phd, but it''s not such a hard concept to grasp. or are you just ignoring this so it can fit your narrative, like rest of your theories are built?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:So much for PP's claim that he does not read my posts anymore! Hahaha.

douchemunullah gangotrichatopadhayay hasnt understood the concept of blocking yet. douche (may I call you that affectionately), let me correct the misunderstanding you've been belaboring under, namely that the sideways screwing glut admin has not ignored you, he just said he did but is really devouring your original content voraciously:

you see, when someone replies to a poster that is on ignore, the ignoree can see the original content posted by the ignored and may respond to it if he sees fit.

I know you're emotionally challenged and a failed phd, but it''s not such a hard concept to grasp. or are you just ignoring this so it can fit your narrative, like rest of your theories are built?

the problem here is that PP has claimed he never wants to interact with me and yet he keeps responding to what i say in his posts. What do you make of this? It seems to me that he is in a vengeful mood after he (And also his buddies like you and HA) got screwed sideways by JM and me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 am

Rashmun, when are you getting married? Just asking. Aren't you waaaaaay into your 30s and fast racing towards 40s?

Does you website have any other visitor lately other than QB and you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 am

kinnera wrote:Rashmun, when are you getting married? Just asking. Aren't you waaaaaay into your 30s and fast racing towards 40s?

Is it time now for another chat session with Bittu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 am

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:Rashmun, when are you getting married? Just asking. Aren't you waaaaaay into your 30s and fast racing towards 40s?

Trying to escape answering by deviating? That's ok, if you don't want to answer. I can understand your discomfort. I do wish you get married soon. It's already soooo late and you are in the uncle category for quite a while now.

I wish you good luck with your website. I know you worked hard and tried all your strategies and machinations to get visitors to your site. It's heartbreaking to have only one visitor in it except yourself. I can understand your plight. Good luck to you!

I sincerely hope you get married and get busy with your family and also that your website works and you get busy there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 am

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Trying to escape answering by deviating? That's ok, if you don't want to answer. I can understand your discomfort. I do wish you get married soon. It's already soooo late and you are in the uncle category for quite a while now.

I wish you good luck with your website. I know you worked hard and tried all your strategies and machinations to get visitors to your site. It's heartbreaking to have only one visitor in it except yourself. I can understand your plight. Good luck to you!

I sincerely hope you get married and get busy with your family and also that your website works and you get busy there.

thanks for your good wishes. i would hope that i do not participate in sex chatting with strangers after marriage like you have been doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 am

Munmun, do you do sex chatting with strangers now? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Munmun, do you do sex chatting with strangers now? Shocked

Bollywood Aunty,
the answer is No. Also, please comment on JM's claim that you have a southindian slave called Kinnamma.
Are you obliged to rush to Kinnamma's defense whenever she is arguing with someone?
Do you believe Kinamma is incapable of arguing on her own and needs you to always help her out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 pm

munmun, i just got concerned about you re, that's why i asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:munmun, i just got concerned about you re, that's why i asked.

thanks for your concern Bollywood Aunty. For a moment i thought you jumped in to take sides with Kinnamma i mean Kinnera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

thanks for your good wishes. i would hope that i do not participate in sex chatting with strangers after marriage like you have been doing.

Don't deviate again. Why is it that you are not married yet? And why is it that your website got no visitors? How many registered users does it have? You think ppl have an issue of trust with you to register in your site? Why is it such a dead website in spite of all your best efforts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm

kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Don't deviate again. Why is it that you are not married yet? And why is it that your website got no visitors? How many registered users does it have? You think ppl have an issue of trust with you to register in your site? Why is it such a dead website in spite of all your best efforts?

do you get aroused when chatting with Bittu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm

kinnera wrote:
Why is it that you are not married yet?

Maybe that is another of his delusions that he shared with everyone.

kinnera wrote:
Why is it such a dead website in spite of all your best
efforts?

Maybe that is why he fights with everyone here. He is upset and angry no one has registered there.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

kinnera wrote:
efforts?

Maybe that is why he fights with everyone here. He is upset and angry no one has registered there.

L'angelo makes an appearance after getting screwed sideways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

kinnera wrote:
efforts?

Poor Rashman. Now his geriatric boyfriend's obsessions have been projected onto him.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

kinnera wrote:
efforts?

Poor Rashman. Now his geriatric boyfriend's obsessions have been projected onto him.

After his good buddy dumped him L'Angelo has become a shadow of himself. He is suddenly concerned about whether his private details might be revealed and bandied about like he used to do with the private details of other posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:18 pm

[quote="Rashmun"]
Hellsangel wrote:

After his good buddy dumped him L'Angelo has become a shadow of himself. He is suddenly concerned about whether his private details might be revealed and bandied about like he used to do with the private details of other posters.

You really are delsuional in real life, aren't you, Rashman? Or do you just pretend to be dense to have the last word?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Trying to escape answering by deviating? That's ok, if you don't want to answer. I can understand your discomfort.

do you get aroused when chatting with Bittu?

deviating again? Did i make you uncomfortable or something? Again, i do wish you get married soon and wish your website has other visitors than just QB. i know it's pathetic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

[quote="Hellsangel"]
Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

You really are delsuional in real life, aren't you, Rashman? Or do you just pretend to be dense to have the last word?

L'Angelo's former buddy (who recently dumped L'Angelo) is self employed and lives in India. If L'Angelo bandies about his private information it would make very little difference to him.
This has made L'Angelo anxious and upset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

kinnera wrote:

deviating again? Did i make you uncomfortable or something? Again, i do wish you get married soon and wish your website has other visitors than just QB. i know it's pathetic!

Why would you want to punish any woman like that?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Cute to see L'Angelo employing the projection trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Whaddya know? You lap up words you pick up here like a sponge.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Whaddya know? You lap up words you pick up here like a sponge.

L'Angelo seems to have mellowed down after he got dumped by his good buddy on the ground that he is malicious, mean, vindictive, and vicious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

One woman may be sacrificed for the good of the community. The poor woman does have my condolences though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:

L'Angelo seems to have mellowed down after he got dumped by his good buddy on the ground that he is malicious, mean, vindictive, and vicious.

You like to keep squawking the same thing over and over like a parrot, don't you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 pm

I wonder why JM abandoned munmun's forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 pm

kinnera wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

One woman may be sacrificed for the good of the community. The poor woman does have my condolences though.

Keep hopes. While Munmun may wanna recite Upanishads to glorify her, and then if she refuses he may wanna unglorify her, he may get some shock treatments in return that might make him forget Upanishads and other glorious men from history forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:you see, when someone replies to a poster that is on ignore, the ignoree can see the original content posted by the ignored and may respond to it if he sees fit.
Correct, and I also see thread titles in the main page. When I see titles like "Tamil vs. Tamils," "Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu," "Tamilians in Karnataka," "Tamil-Kannadiga conflict," all created in a mad rush, it is quite transparent what Mr. Agenda is up to. It is after all the transparency that makes all this pathetic and comical at the same time.

Propagandhi711 wrote:I know you're emotionally challenged and a failed phd, but it''s not such a hard concept to grasp. or are you just ignoring this so it can fit your narrative, like rest of your theories are built?
Little bit of both, if I had to guess. He wills himself not to grasp facts that go against his theories (e.g. "it is a middle-parted head, not a butt") and repeats the nonsense a few times until he begins to believe it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Keep hopes. While Munmun may wanna recite Upanishads to glorify her, and then if she refuses he may wanna unglorify her, he may get some shock treatments in return that might make him forget Upanishads and other glorious men from history forever.
Haha!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:58 pm

panini press wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:you see, when someone replies to a poster that is on ignore, the ignoree can see the original content posted by the ignored and may respond to it if he sees fit.
Correct, and I also see thread titles in the main page. When I see titles like "Tamil vs. Tamils," "Kannadiga in Tamil Nadu," "Tamilians in Karnataka," "Tamil-Kannadiga conflict," all created in a mad rush, it is quite transparent what Mr. Agenda is up to. It is after all the transparency that makes all this pathetic and comical at the same time.

Propagandhi711 wrote:I know you're emotionally challenged and a failed phd, but it''s not such a hard concept to grasp. or are you just ignoring this so it can fit your narrative, like rest of your theories are built?
Little bit of both, if I had to guess. He wills himself not to grasp facts that go against his theories (e.g. "it is a middle-parted head, not a butt") and repeats the nonsense a few times until he begins to believe it.

The point is that again and again you have said that you do not wish to interact with me but your obsession with me means that you are obliged to pee pee and poo poo and do a butt-head synthesis on yourself when you see my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Keep hopes. While Munmun may wanna recite Upanishads to glorify her, and then if she refuses he may wanna unglorify her, he may get some shock treatments in return that might make him forget Upanishads and other glorious men from history forever.

I could have accepted this comment from a happily married woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 pm

panini press wrote:In politics and sociology, divide and rule (or divide and conquer) (derived from Greek: διαίρει καὶ βασίλευε (Diaírei kaì basíleue)) is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures and prevents smaller power groups from linking up.

The maxims divide et impera and divide ut regnes were utilised by the Roman ruler Caesar and the French emperor Napoleon.

• creating or encouraging divisions among the subjects to prevent alliances that could challenge the sovereign
  • encouraging meaningless expenditures that reduce the capability for political and military spending
Historically this strategy was used in many different ways by empires seeking to expand their territories.

The British and French set the Indian states against each other, both as a means of undermining each other's influence and consolidating their authority.

What is your view, speculation and/or Statement of Fact in all this?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:...let me correct the misunderstanding you've been belaboring under...
hahaha @"belaboring." that must be the pompous and incorrect version of "laboring."

that's not surprising, since the ignoree is the same as the (one who is) ignored, just as the employee is the same as the (one who is) employed. FAIL!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:...let me correct the misunderstanding you've been belaboring under...
hahaha @"belaboring." that must be the pompous and incorrect version of "laboring."

that's not surprising, since the ignoree is the same as the (one who is) ignored, just as the employee is the same as the (one who is) employed. FAIL!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
panini press wrote:In politics and sociology, divide and rule (or divide and conquer) (derived from Greek: διαίρει καὶ βασίλευε (Diaírei kaì basíleue)) is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures and prevents smaller power groups from linking up.

My view is that Rashmun is trying to emphasize and encourage divisions between southern Indians. He has in the past crudely harped on differences along the lines of Tamilians vs. Kannadigas, Kannadigas vs. Telugus, Tamilians vs. Telugus, Telangana Telugus vs. Kostandhra Telugus, Telangana Muslims vs. Telangana Hindus, Southern Tamil Nadu Muslims vs. Northern Tamil Nadu Muslims, etc. This is interesting when you consider the fact that he is the most prolific poster on the subject of "synthesis and integration." Just as he posts ad nauseam on the interesting but small similarities between say Tamil Nadu and Kashmir or Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh, he also selectively highlights the differences between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Perhaps his attempt is to prove that Kannadigas and Tamilians are both closer to Hindians than to each other! I don't know what his motivations are, and frankly I don't give a damn. But his agenda is rather transparent, and that's what makes it pathetic and comical at once.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:05 pm

panini press wrote:and that's what makes it pathetic and comical at once.
It is entertaining up to a point, when you are bored.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Incidentally this is where the discussion on Aryan-Dravidian divide-and-rule tactic belongs! Not on the Tamil-vs.-Tamils divide-and-rule topic.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:12 pm

[quote="panini press"
What is your view, speculation and/or Statement of Fact in all this?[/quote]My view is that Rashmun is trying to emphasize and encourage divisions between southern Indians. ...... But his agenda is rather transparent, and that's what makes it pathetic and comical at once. [/quote]

Must be the finding of the decade....

He just wants attention. Reminds me of the crazy guy who used to clean town buses at bus stops repeating the same set of words "Stop..stop... all get down...all get on to the bus... bus clean bus clean...right right.."

Some of the characters that I have come across in my life and still think about them wondering where they are now. (Another one is a 80 yr old Tambrahmi widow with her 5, 6 yr old grandson begging after the sunset in a dimly lit stretch of panagal park area in Madras asking for change/coins. ...so many other helpless characters I cant seem to forget....).

Rashmunullah Jehadi Sir ji is right there - almost.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

panini press wrote:

My view is that Rashmun is trying to emphasize and encourage divisions between southern Indians. He has in the past crudely harped on differences along the lines of Tamilians vs. Kannadigas, Kannadigas vs. Telugus, Tamilians vs. Telugus, Telangana Telugus vs. Kostandhra Telugus, Telangana Muslims vs. Telangana Hindus, Southern Tamil Nadu Muslims vs. Northern Tamil Nadu Muslims, etc. This is interesting when you consider the fact that he is the most prolific poster on the subject of "synthesis and integration." Just as he posts ad nauseam on the interesting but small similarities between say Tamil Nadu and Kashmir or Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh, he also selectively highlights the differences between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Perhaps his attempt is to prove that Kannadigas and Tamilians are both closer to Hindians than to each other! I don't know what his motivations are, and frankly I don't give a damn. But his agenda is rather transparent, and that's what makes it pathetic and comical at once.

i have emphasized both similarities and differences in India. Only a a pinhead would, in my opinion, disagree that Kashmir has had minimal influence on South Indian culture. There is plenty of evidence to prove Kashmir's impact on SI culture and i have shown this in my posts. Kashmir is also a very special Indian state. When Max and JM refer to the teeming millions in northindia, i do not believe they have kashmiris in mind because the population of kashmir is very small.

Secondly it is true that i have spoken of differences between Kannadigas and tamils, and of differences between andhra telugus and telangana telugus but these differences are the stark truth, i am not making stuff up. i am able to write on these topics, and have interest in these topics because i spent many years of my life in SI.

PP is pee peeing, poo pooing, and doing a butt-head synthesis on himself once again when he claims he has no interest in my motivation after he does a PP analysis of what my motivations are for my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:[quote="panini press"
My view is that Rashmun is trying to emphasize and encourage divisions between southern Indians. ...... But his agenda is rather transparent, and that's what makes it pathetic and comical at once. [/quote]

Must be the finding of the decade....

He just wants attention. Reminds me of the crazy guy who used to clean town buses at bus stops repeating the same set of words "Stop..stop... all get down...all get on to the bus... bus clean bus clean...right right.."

Some of the characters that I have come across in my life and still think about them wondering where they are now. (Another one is a 80 yr old Tambrahmi widow with her 5, 6 yr old grandson begging after the sunset in a dimly lit stretch of panagal park area in Madras asking for change/coins. ...so many other helpless characters I cant seem to forget....).

Rashmunullah Jehadi Sir ji is right there - almost.[/quote]

Uppili the Poopili, the champion pooper, takes a massive dump once again this time on top of PP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm

Your Holiness, you hit the nail on the head.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
look up "sycophant" now.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

HA seems to have mellowed down considerably since he got dumped recently by one of his close buddies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
look up "sycophant" now.

Hello, weaselly worse than malicious old dog! Looks like they turned off the heat again at your place and you are again camping out at the library.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

HA seems to have mellowed down considerably since he got dumped recently by one of his close buddies.

Rashman, still squawking the same thing again and again like a parrot?

Last edited by Hellsangel on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next