Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are you attracted to non-indians?

+14
confuzzled dude
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Propagandhi711
Merlot Daruwala
Obnoxious
Idéfix
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
Kris
Rekz
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
Rishi
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

are you attracted to non-indians? Empty are you attracted to non-indians?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with them?

Dunno, for me it's always been just Indians so far. No matter how good looking someone (non Indian) is, never felt the attraction. Also, how can you be with someone with whom you can't talk in your language, or go see a Hindi movie with? Or someone who don't understand where you coming from.

Back to top Go down

are you attracted to non-indians? Empty Re: are you attracted to non-indians?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:06 pm

you should hook up with rashmun. he suffers from the same malaise. for him it is the looks, for you the non-looks. i think opposite poles react.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with them?

Dunno, for me it's always been just Indians so far. No matter how good looking someone (non Indian) is, never felt the attraction. Also, how can you be with someone with whom you can't talk in your language, or go see a Hindi movie with? Or someone who don't understand where you coming from.

That leaves out millions of non-hindians like me or KV.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Rishi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:not the movie stars, but in real life. As in, wanting to date them or have a relationship with them?

That leaves out millions of non-hindians like me or KV.

not really. I don't crave to talk in Hindi all the time. But even if someone can understand a few words, it's fine... or at least they would know where I am coming from, and vice versa. But someone, say white, a German American. Would you date them?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Vb,
Have you ever looked at sports illustrated swim suit issue?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm

truthbetold wrote:Vb,

that's what my question is... not drool over some star, but to have a real relationship with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I knew this weekend would be bad. What a start.

Ok. I will focus on Iyerinis, Iyengarinis, and Pseudo tamilians.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

that's what my question is... not drool over some star, but to have a real relationship with.
Vb,
A desirable mate could be from any of the human races. Few practical issues such as money makes things difficult but not impossible.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

It will take a little longer. To overcome the added constraints of unfamiliar external appearance and mentally formed stereotypical views. Of course, it is doubly difficult as similar constraints exist on the other side as well. Just look at the numerous ABCD girls of all colors and white boys. To them, the mental barriers are broken and physical attraction is the result of years of being togetherness in high schools. Funny, the ABCD girls look at desi boys as some kind of Phoreners. (Exceptions exist).

So, it is possible to like someone from the other world.

P.S. So what is cooking....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

lol.... bff trying to hook me up with people who she thinks are perfect fits. and i am backing out big time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

lol.... bff trying to hook me up with people who she thinks are perfect fits. and i am backing out big time.

What you face - most people face - is physical barriers (only the bar hoppers and one-nighters are often free from this constraint.) To break through the physical barriers, one needs to connect mentally and psychologically with them (even slightly), which will then easily break the physical barriers. Start with coffee or lunch and get used to non-desis. Most desis (in IT world) hardly come across or encounter whites, blacks, and hispanics.

But, cutting across "pary lines" at this stage in life has its repercussions.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

What you face - most people face - is physical barriers (only the bar hoppers and one-nighters are often free from this constraint.) To break through the physical barriers, one needs to connect mentally and psychologically with them (even slightly), which will then easily break the physical barriers. Start with coffee or lunch and get used to non-desis. Most desis (in IT world) hardly come across or encounter whites, blacks, and hispanics.

But, cutting across "pary lines" at this stage in life has its repercussions.

I have come across other races, but I could never think of them that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Long ago when I lived in a small town in MN, a white woman whom I considered as my sister tried to hook me up with a white girl. I almost agreed to go out with that girl. Then when I found out that the girl had been married three times and had children through all of her three ex-husbands, I realized that I have been stabbed in the back.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Rishi wrote:Long ago when I lived in a small town in MN, a white woman whom I considered as my sister tried to hook me up with a white girl. I almost agreed to go out with that girl. Then when I found out that the girl had been married three times and had children through all of her three ex-husbands, I realized that I have been stabbed in the back.

yes rishi. you and i share the same phoren phobia, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Why not?
Hindi movie!! Is that so very important in life?
Infact dating phoren guy would be ideal..
Indians/Hindians are big time MCPs.
Now that u r settled there for long..u should srsly consider dating that german american..

Im attracted to all races who are good at heart.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Rishi wrote:Long ago when I lived in a small town in MN, a white woman whom I considered as my sister tried to hook me up with a white girl. I almost agreed to go out with that girl. Then when I found out that the girl had been married three times and had children through all of her three ex-husbands, I realized that I have been stabbed in the back.
rishi,
you meant to say your sister stabbed her friend in the back. Correct?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Rekz wrote:Why not?
Hindi movie!! Is that so very important in life?
Infact dating phoren guy would be ideal..
Indians/Hindians are big time MCPs.
Now that u r settled there for long..u should srsly consider dating that german american..

Im attracted to all races who are good at heart.

hmm, when she was telling me about him (and some other guy before that), I thought she's just telling me another story of someone. then when she said i shd meet him, i took a double take, and said no pretty strongly. my first reaction. so guess that story is over now. let's see...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Wait.... Why do desis always see everything through the glass of marriage ? When someone tries to hook you up with someone it is just a "hook up." Only when parents hook you up with someone, you worry about marriageability factor. What if the guy/gals is 3 times married with kids from different fathers?

Two completely different sets of criteria.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Wait.... Why do desis always see everything through the glass of marriage ? When someone tries to hook you up with someone it is just a "hook up." Only when parents hook you up with someone, you worry about marriageability factor. What if the guy/gals is 3 times married with kids from different fathers?

Two completely different sets of criteria.

don't think he was looking from marriage pov. nor am i.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:45 pm

>>>> Ok, rules me out I guess. Smile, but to wax serious for a moment, this whole thing boils down to gut feel, be it a dating relationship or matrimony. It may not be the perfect indicator, but probably the best. Obviously, mileages vary with individual.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>> Ok, rules me out I guess. Smile, but to wax serious for a moment, this whole thing boils down to gut feel, be it a dating relationship or matrimony. It may not be the perfect indicator, but probably the best. Obviously, mileages vary with individual.

There was some recent study that said decisions made on gut feeling were mostly successful than the ones made after analyzing (which scored less than 30% success). Guess gut feeling is made at lightening speed when the problem and factors involved are fresh and unaffected by "fudging" and bias. This gut decisions cut across different fields.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Kris wrote:

There was some recent study that said decisions made on gut feeling were mostly successful than the ones made after analyzing (which scored less than 30% success). Guess gut feeling is made at lightening speed when the problem and factors involved are fresh and unaffected by "fudging" and bias. This gut decisions cut across different fields.

>>>> Yep, I believe that. Your subconscious picks up on cues and in the case of human relationships, it has a strong idea as to who you are and quickly does the matchmaking.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:20 pm

wait aren't you tracey whitney (your earlier handle). i thought you were married. what happened to mr.k? confused.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wait aren't you tracey whitney (your earlier handle). i thought you were married. what happened to mr.k? confused.

O M G ...

Not again....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:wait aren't you tracey whitney (your earlier handle). i thought you were married. what happened to mr.k? confused.

O M G ...

Not again....

not again what?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

O M G ...

Not again....

not again what?
are you attracted to non-indians? MV5BMTI1NDExMTA0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA0NzMyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I am (now) divorced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

VB,

If you ever want a man in your life, please don't date Chinese men.

They have bad breath and shamelessly fart at the work place.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Rishi wrote:VB,

lol sure. any tips on gults?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I am (now) divorced.

oops. sorry totally missed that thread if you mentioned here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 am

Bigotry alert!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 am

Rishi, this is what I meant in my message to you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am

Attraction is different from compatibility or wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone. Sure, I can find non-Indian women attractive. But I can't contemplate being happy with a non-Indian partner for life, or even as my partner for an extended period of time. The irony is that "Indian" is not the only identity I subscribe to. The same feeling that I have about a "non-Indian partner for life" may be had by others about a "not-from-my-region-and-subcaste partner for life." I have one constraint but not the other, but that's just how I feel.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:54 am

panini press wrote:

I will come in Rishi's support. we are all molded by our personal experiences to a large extent. Even if one relies on studies, ppl tend to verify them thro personal exp. We all generalize, but prefer to be politically acceptable - right there a bad quality made honorable by society which swears by freedom of "speech"

Rishi's comment on Chinese men is based on his personal Statistical analysis, and he sure will not say this in public (and rather lie). I also have such generalized views and use that as a default and then make exceptions to those rules.

Your own generalization that you can never live with non-Indian partners is indeed bigotry to some. You can say it is a personal choice...and in fact everything is personal choice in some form.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

why this sudden obsession with gults and reddys? bollywood aunty side me koi lafda chal raha hai kya? Razz you can tell me over PM -- i am good at keeping secrets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 am

panini press wrote:

I will come in Rishi's support. we are all molded by our personal experiences to a large extent. Even if one relies on studies, ppl tend to verify them thro personal exp. We all generalize, but prefer to be politically acceptable - right there a bad quality made honorable by society which swears by freedom of "speech"

Rishi's comment on Chinese men is based on his personal Statistical analysis, and he sure will not say this in public (and rather lie). I also have such generalized views and use that as a default and then make exceptions to those rules.

Your own generalization that you can never live with non-Indian partners is indeed bigotry to some. You can say it is a personal choice...and in fact everything is personal choice in some form.

>>>>I will have to differ with you. There is a difference. If PP had said all non-Indians are unhygienic/ stupid/ pick any other negative and therefore, he will not date them or marry them, you can equate his perspective to Rishi's. As stated PP's position is simply a personal preference.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 am

Kris wrote:
panini press wrote:

>>>>I will have to differ with you. There is a difference. If PP had said all non-Indians are unhygienic/ stupid/ pick any other negative and therefore, he will not date them or marry them, you can equate his perspective to Rishi's. As stated PP's position is simply a personal preference.

That is PP's rule which may be different from your rule on some issues. Rishi has his set of rules.

And Rishi's warning about Chinkus farting is related to her conditions for "good husband" which had farting as a no-no. So Per Rishi's experience, he might have seen quite a few Chinkus farting (he may have had roomies). I had a Chinku roomie who ate cockroaches which hardly eaten in any other part of the world. So I will not cook in a vessel used by any chinku. so ????

My rule is people may have prejudices and express even their "negative" views openly. But, when they APPLY these in a way to hurt them in profession or personal safety that is when it crosses the line. If Rish refused to help a chinku with a glass of water or in sickness, or work with him, promote him etc...that is when he is crossing the line into racism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

why this sudden obsession with gults and reddys? bollywood aunty side me koi lafda chal raha hai kya? Razz you can tell me over PM -- i am good at keeping secrets.
lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:25 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

This claim certainly competes with those often made by Rashmun Sir ji and KV ji.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 am

I know a few non-indian folks who watch hindi movies. Also a few cross-cultural happy marriages.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 am

Silk Smitha wrote:

I know a few non-indian folks who watch hindi movies. Also a few cross-cultural happy marriages.

>>> Masochism is a universal phenomenon evidently. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:31 am

Kris wrote:
panini press wrote:

That is PP's rule which may be different from your rule on some issues. Rishi has his set of rules.

And Rishi's warning about Chinkus farting is related to her conditions for "good husband" which had farting as a no-no. So Per Rishi's experience, he might have seen quite a few Chinkus farting (he may have had roomies). I had a Chinku roomie who ate cockroaches which hardly eaten in any other part of the world. So I will not cook in a vessel used by any chinku. so ????

My rule is people may have prejudices and express even their "negative" views openly. But, when they APPLY these in a way to hurt them in profession or personal safety that is when it crosses the line. If Rish refused to help a chinku with a glass of water or in sickness, or work with him, promote him etc...that is when he is crossing the line into racism.

Kindly publish your book, "Saamiyaar's Guide To Crossing The Line!" so we sishyas could better understand the degrees of allowable bigotry (including when Chinku replaces Chinese). TIA.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 am

Kris wrote:
Silk Smitha wrote:

lol!

One of the multiplexes in Emeryville started showing desi movies lately. I always see a few non-desi drifters who make their way in to these movies. I don't know if they really get much out of them. One of these days I am going to interview some of them on their way out.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:
panini press wrote:Rishi, this is what I meant in my message to you.

Kindly publish your book, "Saamiyaar's Guide To Crossing The Line!" so we sishyas could better understand the degrees of allowable bigotry (including when Chinku replaces Chinese). TIA.
LOL. Saamiyaar and Rishi are from a different generation, perhaps not chronologically, but certainly in terms of thought processes.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 am

panini press wrote:
Kris wrote:
Silk Smitha wrote:

lol!

One of the multiplexes in Emeryville started showing desi movies lately. I always see a few non-desi drifters who make their way in to these movies. I don't know if they really get much out of them. One of these days I am going to interview some of them on their way out.

>>>>I think this is happening around the Bay area in other theaters as well. Guess they want to capitalize on the demographics. I can see if you are a student of cinema and going to check out this particular genre, but otherwise I am not sure what the attraction would be.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:42 am

Nope. Atleast not Caucasians or Blacks. Forget about compatibility and deeper stuff which comes later on, I just don't feel those stirrings of physical attraction. Latinas and Chinese - maybe, but never tried.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am

I can't understand lot of desi women I know either. given a choice, I would like to stay single...or at least like not cohabit. Ppl in general and women in particular can be tiresome to have around all the time with their silly tastes and mood swings among other things...i dont see why anyone would want them around if not for the Thing but this is the great cruelty of nature..man gives up so much for few mins of pleasure and rest of the time hes doing shit for her while wondering why he's doing all that. Regarding attraction, slants and slopes take the cake for me. Recently there is this Colombian mamacita and I can't help getting woody in her presence the whole time..Latin bitches just ooze sex but can be demanding. Conclusion: all women are expensive, slants good coz they have fine skin, tight clams, take good care of you and don't eat much. Cohabitation is painful and should be limited to the time a women is looking good or cooking.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:04 am

yeah nothing like meeting someone while living single. slopes = japs?

md and pp collectively described my own constraints. Let's see if I could change them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:22 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:yeah nothing like meeting someone while living single. slopes = japs?

md and pp collectively described my own constraints. Let's see if I could change them.

What is meeting someone..god women and their media driven cliches slay me on early Sunday mornings

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:yeah nothing like meeting someone while living single. slopes = japs?

What is meeting someone..god women and their media driven cliches slay me on early Sunday mornings

lol. meant fooling around and then living alone in your own house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next