Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse?

4 posters

Go down

Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse? Empty Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse?

Post by Rishi Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 pm

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/anoushka-shankar-reveals-she-suffered-sexual-emotional-abuse/372476-45-75.html?from=HP

"As a child I suffered sexual and emotional abuse for several years at the hands of a man my parents trusted implicitly. Growing up, like most women I know, I suffered various forms of groping, touching, verbal abuse and other things I didn't know how to deal with, I didn't know I could change," said the Indian composer, now living in London.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse? Empty Re: Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Bcoz she was a child and a child doesn't know that what the man is doing is not right. That's why it's important to teach a child abt appropriate and inappropriate touching and the need to let an adult, who they trust, know when someone touches them inappropriately.

Back to top Go down

Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse? Empty Re: Why did'nt she tell her father about the abuse?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

kinnera wrote:Bcoz she was a child and a child doesn't know that what the man is doing is not right. That's why it's important to teach a child abt appropriate and inappropriate touching and the need to let an adult, who they trust, know when someone touches them inappropriately.

I now realize I was physically abused by my parents - who beat me on a daily basis, and all my teachers who also bet me up on a daily basis. As a young boy, I did not know I was being abused and suffered immensely. Now, that I know those were actually abuses, I now realzied I was actually anguished and distraught.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm

i feel bad for her, but i hope that's not the reason for her sub par sitar playing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
kinnera wrote:Bcoz she was a child and a child doesn't know that what the man is doing is not right. That's why it's important to teach a child abt appropriate and inappropriate touching and the need to let an adult, who they trust, know when someone touches them inappropriately.

I now realize I was physically abused by my parents - who beat me on a daily basis, and all my teachers who also bet me up on a daily basis. As a young boy, I did not know I was being abused and suffered immensely. Now, that I know those were actually abuses, I now realzied I was actually anguished and distraught.

were you sexually abused?

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

kinnera wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

were you sexually abused?

No, that happened in his adulthood. He made the mistake of heading downtown after 8pm.

Interesting though, that Upps Unkil's sense of persecution and victimhood began very early. Once a victim, always a victim.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down