Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air pollution major cause of death in India

Go down

Air pollution major cause of death in India Empty Air pollution major cause of death in India

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:47 am

The biggest problem I face when I go back to India is the air pollution. Regardless of the season I go, I have an allergic reaction similar to what some people get due to exposure to pollen here, and I have to take antihistamines. This study claims that air pollution is the fifth largest cause of premature deaths in India. I thought pollution in India was primarily a problem of the large cities, but apparently that is wrong. Of 180 cities studied, about half are "critically polluted." Gwalior, West Singbhum, Ghaziabad, Raipur and Delhi are the five most polluted cities. Singbhum in that list probably has some coal-mining related pollution and Delhi has long been very polluted. But the other three surprised me.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/air-pollution-fifth-leading-cause-of-death-in-india-study/articleshow/18494588.cms
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down