Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone use 5Ghz wifi routers

3 posters

Go down

anyone use 5Ghz wifi routers Empty anyone use 5Ghz wifi routers

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 pm

my wifi router's showing all sorts of symptoms of going bad - connections dropped, slower than dialup speed etc..am wondering if some 2.5ghz device in my area is interfering with the performance and considering adding a 5gig adapter. anyone try this and get good performance?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

anyone use 5Ghz wifi routers Empty Re: anyone use 5Ghz wifi routers

Post by b_A Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:my wifi router's showing all sorts of symptoms of going bad - connections dropped, slower than dialup speed etc..am wondering if some 2.5ghz device in my area is interfering with the performance and considering adding a 5gig adapter. anyone try this and get good performance?
Some time power cycling is all that is required.
If that didn't work ,did you try to change to a different channel first ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 am

b_A wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:my wifi router's showing all sorts of symptoms of going bad - connections dropped, slower than dialup speed etc..am wondering if some 2.5ghz device in my area is interfering with the performance and considering adding a 5gig adapter. anyone try this and get good performance?
Some time power cycling is all that is required.
If that didn't work ,did you try to change to a different channel first ?

tried all that. I changed to WPA-2 recently and that fixed issues with iPAD connectivity on IOS6 but windows laptops are dropping big time. fuxxing technology. have you heard of HomePlug alliance standard based Powerline equipment? am considering getting their kits to bypass wifi altogether for streaming devices and laptops.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I looked into powerline equipment and was quite excited by the idea, but in the end decided to run a CAT-6 cable instead. In my case, the decision was driven by my lack of confidence in the old electrical wiring that feeds my home office (which is a converted garage).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down