Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.

+2
nevada
Bittu
6 posters

Go down

His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.  Empty His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.

Post by Bittu Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/golden-baba-indian-holy-man-tells-followers-to-live-frugally-but-drapes-himself-in-gold.html

If I had to live my life all over again, and be in India, I would be a player in the field of religion.

If I had to live my life all over again, and be in USA, I would be a player in medicine.

FML.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.  Empty Re: His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.

Post by nevada Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 pm

You can be a very successful "gooorooo" in the US too - like Rajnish.

nevada

Back to top Go down

His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.  Empty Re: His real name is Bittu Bhagat, but his fascination with gold earned him the nickname “Golden Baba”.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Long time no see, Bitts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Long time no see, Bitts.

It is an interesting expression and the way I believe it started out was during the colonial expansionist periods in history. The pith-hatted Englishman would often go off into the wild in sub-saharan Africa or middle east and then upon returning to his old boys' club back in London, he finds his English so mangled that he barely understands well-formed sentences. He is reduced to using ungrammatical forms like this - long time, no see.

Any other provenance?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm

atcg wrote:

Any other provenance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_time_no_see
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Welcome back, Bittu. It is not too late. You can still start a religion. That's where the real money is. And tax-free too.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm

I made a post for this.. Did you use your influence on the Admin to delete my post?

I am voting for Rashmun Sir ji for Admin.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I made a post for this.. Did you use your influence on the Admin to delete my post?

lol, u made a post for this in the other thread, when i said sth similar to propa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

lol, u made a post for this in the other thread, when i said sth similar to propa.

As a follower of Rashmun Sir Ji, I am inclined to say that I posted here only. Even if it appears in another thread, you could have asked PP - the Admin to move it to the other post. That technically can be viewed as deletion from this thread. I NEVER lie.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down