Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nutella sandwich

4 posters

Go down

Nutella sandwich  Empty Nutella sandwich

Post by Impedimenta Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 pm

and green monster, sorta makes the taste of kale bearable.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Nutella sandwich  Empty Re: Nutella sandwich

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 am

Haha. Why would you want to eat kale?

Btw Grilled Nutella sandwiches (Rs 60) are one the most popular evening snacks hereabouts.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:47 am

I love kale in pappu. It is an excellent substitute for spinach. I might patent it but I am worried about upsetting some unkils here.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 am

Oh ok. I love the combo with dal too, only I prefer spinach because it neatly blends in tastewise as well as texturewise and you don't have to really work on it. Kale OTOH carries a distinct taste and feel of leaves.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 am

Psst ... Nephew!

Kale is now being called "the new beef!"

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4408/Top-10-Health-Benefits-of-Eating-Kale.html

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 am

Haha...I'm sure kale is infinitely more healthful but c'mon, its taste is nothing to crow about. Certainly not a patch on beef.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha...I'm sure kale is infinitely more healthful but c'mon, its taste is nothing to crow about. Certainly not a patch on beef.

When the article is beefing up the benefits of kale you are asking "where's the beef?" in that. Of course, I have no beef with beef. Bovine can be divine in more ways than one.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:23 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha...I'm sure kale is infinitely more healthful but c'mon, its taste is nothing to crow about. Certainly not a patch on beef.

When the article is beefing up the benefits of kale you are asking "where's the beef?" in that. Of course, I have no beef with beef. Bovine can be divine in more ways than one.

lol!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha. Why would you want to eat kale?

Btw Grilled Nutella sandwiches (Rs 60) are one the most popular evening snacks hereabouts.

Kale consumption is a manifestation of mid life crisis, methinks. some people buy a Ferrari. i have no money left. so i buy kale and force eat it :-)

Grilled nutella sandwiches? oh wow, what is it grilled with? i cannot think of a single thing that could go with nutella on a bread. my kids love this as well.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 am

Impedimenta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Haha. Why would you want to eat kale?

Kale consumption is a manifestation of mid life crisis, methinks. some people buy a Ferrari. i have no money left. so i buy kale and force eat it :-)

ROFL.

Impedimenta wrote:Grilled nutella sandwiches? oh wow, what is it grilled with? i cannot think of a single thing that could go with nutella on a bread. my kids love this as well.

Nothing. Its two large slices of bread, buttered on the outside and with nutella on the inside, and pressed in a sandwich grill to crispy perfection.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 am

I have nutella on a toast, if I have it. Kids prefer on soft bread. And we all don't mind licking it straight from the spoon at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 am

Have never bought kale so far. Maybe should try it next time. Kids hate spinach itself. They like methi though. So dunno what they will do to kale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Impedimenta wrote:Grilled nutella sandwiches? oh wow, what is it grilled with? i cannot think of a single thing that could go with nutella on a bread. my kids love this as well.

Nothing. Its two large slices of bread, buttered on the outside and with nutella on the inside, and pressed in a sandwich grill to crispy perfection.[/quote]

one day, i want to eat at CTR, MTR, this TR, that TR and grilled nutella sandwiches that cost 60 rupees. will happen soon in 2013. i have a show that may or may not work out in banglore. keeping my fingers crossed.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down