Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dear [name removed by Admin]

+4
Hellsangel
FluteHolder
Idéfix
goodcitizn
8 posters

Go down

dear [name removed by Admin] Empty dear [name removed by Admin]

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

if you have joined such let me say i missed you. if you have still not joined such, can you send me a note?

Back to top Go down

dear [name removed by Admin] Empty Re: dear [name removed by Admin]

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Shocked this is your 5413th violation. you are screwed. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Ps how is sil?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Waiting for the other shoe to fall.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 pm

I did not respond to this until now because I wanted to give HK an opportunity to delete it himself.

I really don't understand why you guys are doing this. I would like to understand it. Perhaps HA or HK can explain why they are doing this. I don't care what happened on old CH -- that is ancient history. But why do this here and now?

I think every one of us ought to take privacy seriously. I am sure nobody who makes jokes about this wants their own private information disclosed in public. Except 2-3 members, everyone here cares about their real world identity remaining confidential. When you see another person's privacy violated here, you should oppose it if you care about your own privacy.

HK, please let me know if you would like admin intervention to remove the relevant information on this thread.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Can't you just delete the thread?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I think hk or the named poster will need to ask him to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Its like giving a condom after conception.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Correct, the current policy is that either the poster or the affected person needs to request admin intervention. This is to prevent the admin from doing what he pleases and acting in a biased manner.

If these violations continue, we may have to consider changing the policy. I don't like the idea of giving the admin too much power -- that would turn the admin into a police role which is bad. But I don't know how to stop these violations without a more interventionist admin. I am open to all suggestions in this matter. I have a tough time choosing between the two evils -- a more powerful admin and frequent violations of privacy. I would like to get the members' views on this.

Even if unilateral interventions by admin are OK, I don't think admin can police every violation and fix every problem. What is needed is the cooperation of the members and mature behavior from everyone.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

panileni paparao wrote:HK, please let me know if you would like admin intervention to remove the relevant information on this thread.
i do not think i have used the real name of any poster. if someone here has been been inadvertendy addresed by me by his/her real name then that someone should write to you and i would not mind if the entire thread is deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
panileni paparao wrote:HK, please let me know if you would like admin intervention to remove the relevant information on this thread.
i do not think i have used the real name of any poster. if someone here has been been inadvertendy addresed by me by his/her real name then that someone should write to you and i would not mind if the entire thread is deleted.
You know exactly what you posted, and you don't want admin to remove it. I get it; no need to play games. What I don't get is what you are trying to accomplish by doing this. This is unacceptable behavior, and you know it.

I hope the affected person requests admin intervention so this can be removed.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
You know exactly what you posted, and you don't want admin to remove it. I get it; no need to play games. What I don't get is what you are trying to accomplish by doing this. This is unacceptable behavior, and you know it.

I hope the affected person requests admin intervention so this can be removed.
i agree. well, delete it. but i had wished that the aggrieved person would have stood up to-- needles to say his (public) acquiescence would also have been consigned to trash to spare him of everlasting humility. but it was not to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Its like giving a condom after conception.
LOL, yes that is how it is turning out over the last few days. I am wary of accusations of admin bias, if I start deleting threads without a request from the poster or the affected party. Do you have any suggestions for improving this situation?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 pm

panileni paparao wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Its like giving a condom after conception.
LOL, yes that is how it is turning out over the last few days. I am wary of accusations of admin bias, if I start deleting threads without a request from the poster or the affected party. Do you have any suggestions for improving this situation?
You can have a pop up/message to the erring posters ' I understand I am an adult. I will behave like one' Smile And ask them to click/sign before they post anything further. Have it for 1 week or 2 weeks for the erring posters:)

Or something like temporary ban we have in a forum which I monitor. They lose the previlege of posting for few days/weeks and if they behave badly again, they are banned permanently. It is an international forum and most violators are Asians(Desi/Pak/Bangla members who resort to chat in Hindi though warned against using Hindi as English is the official chat room language).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Nobody respects an admin who wears khadi at a time when he should be wearing khaki.

The current policy is like handing out a can of pepper spray after the rape.

If I were you, I'd delete a post or an entire thread if there is even an inkling of someone's privacy being jeopardized. We are not talking just an individual's privacy here; sometimes even the privacy of one's family members. Given how sensitive this subject is, it is far better to ask for an apology than ask for permission.

Time to change from the Great Glut to the Great Gut.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Nobody respects an admin who wears khadi at a time when he should be wearing khaki.

If I were you, I'd delete a post or an entire thread if there is even an inkling of someone's privacy being jeopardized. We are not talking just an individual's privacy here; sometimes even the privacy of one's family members. Given how sensitive this subject is, it is far better to ask for an apology than ask for permission.

You want the great glut Admin to have a big gut?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Nobody respects an admin who wears khadi at a time when he should be wearing khaki.

LOL! Of course, there are more big guts wearing khadi than khaki.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

viTTy!

bom

Last edited by Jeremiah Mburuburu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

vTTy! bom

100 times now...
Witty
Witty
Witty
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 am

i agree with you. but with JM i personally follow no rules. the admin did not ask for an apology. yet i apologize if it makes you happy. there you go! want a popsicle too?

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

i agree with you. but with JM i personally follow no rules. the admin did not ask for an apology. yet i apologize if it makes you happy. there you go! want a popsicle too?

HK: You misunderstood what I said. It is better for admin to apologize later if a mistake is made in deleting a post or thread that seems to reveal any private info than to wait for permission to delete it. I meant that admin should be proactive than reactive. Once the tooth paste is out, you can't put it back in the tube.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

HK: You misunderstood what I said. It is better for admin to apologize later if a mistake is made in deleting a post or thread that seems to reveal any private info than to wait for permission to delete it. I meant that admin should be proactive than reactive. Once the tooth paste is out, you can't put it back in the tube.
got you and agree with you! the only caveat being that the admin cannot afford to be active all the time to monitor posts.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Sorry...you are wrong... it will take some time....but you can put it back into the tube...Razz

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
got you and agree with you! the only caveat being that the admin cannot afford to be active all the time to monitor posts.

Seems to me there are just 5 little mischievous kindergarten kids running amok here. A kiss and makeup session amongst the boys would do wonders to which occasion Impy could bring laddus, Nephew nutella sandwiches, Silk Smitha pesarattus, Tracy candy kisses and Carvaka kale pappu casserole.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 am

goodcitizn wrote:Seems to me there are just 5 little mischievous kindergarten kids running amok here.
yes! and poor PP has to play the stern ma'am with them. but the kids know that ma'am has no stick. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:needles to say his (public) acquiescence would also have been consigned to trash to spare him of everlasting humility humiliation. but it was not to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:25 am

why are we after the admin?
here is a guy spending his personal time to support our ONLINE community.
as gc pointed there are few anarchists who are bent on creating trouble.
monitoring a reasonably active forum like this is a demanding job and our inability to behave should not impose such burden on a voluntary admin.
removing threads, posting warnings on regular offenders are decent day to day solutions. terminating a poster is a nuclear option and it should used very sparingly, like never.
instead of admin alone making such a policy, we can create a group of elders(based on thought maturity rather than age). and ask them to create policy provide direction. admin's role is then execute the policy. they can meet online as necessary or once a week.
ok. only one gult other than admin. i start by suggesting indophile and Maria. let us pick five by consensus.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

TBT, this is an interesting suggestion. I like the idea of a group that sets policy and acts as a check on the admin.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

truthbetold wrote:...admin...here is a guy juvenile spending stealing his personal employer's time to support our ONLINE community.

instead of admin alone making such a policy, we can create a group of elders(based on thought maturity rather than age) other juveniles, and ask them to create policy provide direction. admin's role is then execute to bitch about the policy. they can meet online as necessary or once a week.

ok. only one gult other than admin. amended: and one person from each caashTu, subcaashTu, and sexu; at least one northindian, at least one dravidgurrl of the pavakkai pitlai subcaste, at least one lesbian angel with a single, exploding testicle, one BIMARU of indeterminate sex with hairy, jiggly breasts, and one gult proudly married to a kannadiga female who sports a dense growth of curly black hair on her unshaven legs.
** fixed ** haranya kashyapoooo!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Plus one loser who is a waste of tax-payer money to proof-read the meeting minutes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Plus one loser who is a waste of tax-payer money to proof-read the meeting minutes.

dear [name removed by Admin] PUPPY%20Winking

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Plus one loser who is a waste of tax-payer money to proof-read the meeting minutes.

dear [name removed by Admin] PUPPY%20Winking

a puppy trained by our steamed pressulu? (click and clack, the car talk guys of npr often use "steamed" for "esteemed" in reference to one of their colleagues.)

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:03 pm

My my! The rabid old dog is frothing a lot today! Must be quite ##upset and ##angry.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Jm,
do you have any suggestions to improve the forum?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:42 am

truthbetold wrote:Jm,
tbt, i don't have conversations with habitual name-callers.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:59 am

Jm,
do you have any suggestions for destroying the forum? pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:39 am

truthbetold wrote:...admin...here is a guy juvenile spending stealing his personal employer's time to support our ONLINE community.

instead of admin alone making such a policy, we can create a group of elders(based on thought maturity rather than age) other juveniles, and ask them to create policy provide direction. admin's role is then execute to bitch about the policy. they can meet online as necessary or once a week.

ok. only one gult other than admin. amended: and one person from each caashTu, subcaashTu, and sexu; at least one northindian, at least one dravidgurrl of the pavakkai pitlai subcaste, at least one lesbian angel with a single, exploding testicle, one BIMARU of indeterminate sex with hairy, jiggly breasts, and one gult proudly married to a kannadiga female who sports a dense growth of curly black hair on her unshaven legs.
Congratulations on learning how to use emoticons and edit comments. Welcome to the 21st century, Jerji. BTW, it is haryana kashyapoooo, I am told.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:10 pm

truthbetold wrote:Jm,
tbt, i don't have conversations with habitual name-callers.

Do you see any examples of name calling in this post ?
https://such.forumotion.com/t11315-dear-name-removed-by-admin#87956

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down