Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan

4 posters

Go down

On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan Empty On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 am

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/columns/02-Mar-2013/the-truth-about-pakistan

Back to top Go down

On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan Empty Re: On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan

Post by Rishi Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:20 am

When I meet my Pakistani friends (and I have lots of them), we speak in Hindustani, we look like each other, and feel no difference between ourselves. We were befooled by the Britishers into thinking that we are enemies, but how much longer must we remain befooled?

A Tamil Hindu living in Tirunelveli in TN has nothing in common with Pakistanis.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan Empty Re: On the eventual reunification of India and Pakistan

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 am

Rishi wrote:When I meet my Pakistani friends (and I have lots of them), we speak in Hindustani, we look like each other, and feel no difference between ourselves. We were befooled by the Britishers into thinking that we are enemies, but how much longer must we remain befooled?

A Tamil Hindu living in Tirunelveli in TN has nothing in common with Pakistanis.

What about the fact that a larger India would have access to a larger market and a greater supply of raw materials. Tamil businesses would benefit if this were to happen. The point to remember is that Pakistan used to be a part of India before the partition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:31 am

I understand that Bangladesh has a large supply of natural gas--so much that it is not able to utilize it effectively. India could have made good use of the natural gas, and was willing to pay for it, but for some reason Bangladesh will not sell it to India. One can easily see that the situation would have been different if Bangladesh would have been part of India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 am

http://www.nation.com.pk/E-Paper/lahore/2013-03-02/page-7

I must say it was very brave for this Pakistani paper to publish this article--which questions the basis of the Pakistan state, and according to which Pakistan is a part of India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 am

Rishi wrote:A Tamil Hindu living in Tirunelveli in TN has nothing in common with Pakistanis.

In 1965 Time magazine said Hindi speaking north India has nothing in common with south Indian Madras State. South Indians complain that north Indians dominate the government.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:09 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Rishi wrote:A Tamil Hindu living in Tirunelveli in TN has nothing in common with Pakistanis.

In 1965 Time magazine said Hindi speaking north India has nothing in common with south Indian Madras State. South Indians complain that north Indians dominate the government.

If this is true than why did Subramanya Bharati, the greatest 20th century tamil poet, write that this Bharata mata speaks different languages but her thought is one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 am

Right now the population of muslims in india is calculated at 13.4 percent according to the 2001 census . when results of 2011 census come out it will be no doubt 14 percent---considering the upward trajectory of the percentage of muslims in each successive census .

now if muslims in pakistan and bangladesh are added to this , what will be percentage of muslims in reunited india ?? it might increase to as much as 40 percent....

who in his right mind wants to live in a 40 percent muslim country ?? not me at least......

pakistani muslims have a very high rate of population growth ( higher than indian muslims ) and the 40 percent will increase to more than 50 percent in a few decades .

thank god for partition---at least it allowed the hindus in the remaining part of india to live in a little bit of peace .

long live partition....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Rishi wrote:When I meet my Pakistani friends (and I have lots of them), we speak in Hindustani, we look like each other, and feel no difference between ourselves.

Yeah, if speaking Hindustani is a unifying factor, then the regions not speaking it (most of the non-hindi speaking states) shouldn't be a part of India.

Partition happened on the basis of religion. It happened for good. It would've been better had the muslims in India not been stopped/cajoled from going to Pakistan at the time of partition. India would've been more peaceful now with fewer communal riots and bomb blasts. As a Hyderabadi, I can't help but feel that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Rishi wrote:When I meet my Pakistani friends (and I have lots of them), we speak in Hindustani, we look like each other, and feel no difference between ourselves.
What a Face if the pakistanis look like and are like markandey katju, then i think it would be a bad idea to be united with millions of katjus.

Last edited by Coolie No.1 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 pm

nenu wrote:

Yeah, if speaking Hindustani is a unifying factor, then the regions not speaking it (most of the non-hindi speaking states) shouldn't be a part of India.

Partition happened on the basis of religion. It happened for good. It would've been better had the muslims in India not been stopped/cajoled from going to Pakistan at the time of partition. India would've been more peaceful now with fewer communal riots and bomb blasts. As a Hyderabadi, I can't help but feel that.

That's an interesting thought.
Maybe , the BIMARU states can be merged with Pak and BD to create a BIMARU country.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 pm

In my opinion it is a mistake to think of Muslims as a homogenous entity. There are divisions within them just as there are caste based divisions within Hindus. Let us not forget that Bangladesh broke away from Pakistan even though in both regions the population was mostly Muslim. Sunni-Shia clashes are quite common in Pakistan as is the persecution of minority sects like Ahmediyas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:58 pm

nenu wrote:

My contention is that Hindustani is spoken, or at least understood, in all the cities of India throughout India.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nenu wrote:

My contention is that Hindustani is spoken, or at least understood, in all the cities of India throughout India.

Cities. Only the cities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down