Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunny and tolerable winter day

Go down

Sunny and tolerable winter day Empty Sunny and tolerable winter day

Post by Petrichor Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Sleepy town where the men head out to hunt-gather, while the women dress up pretty and plan charity galas at the local eateries. I found myself in a cab in this pasty white town, and the cabbie who was whitey started talking. He says he is a connoisseur of cultures (!) and there are 'sweet' people in all cultures. He proceeds to tell me about this indian girl he once knew - she wouldn't date, her folks wouldn't allow it but they 'hung' out a few nights together - she was very sweet, mind you. In fact, she was so sweet, he decided to gift her with an art piece that he made himself. She was from Amritsar with a northindian last name - Singh. He waxed nostalgic while I wondered what it is about that cross-cultural commercial exchange (the taxi ride) that caused this total stranger to assert his prowess over a female member of 'my' community. Did he decide to relate the story after hearing our relative stations in life or was he simply 'bro' ing out on a lazy sunny afternoon? Yet another episode of taxi-cabbie confessions.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down