Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confession

Go down

Confession Empty Confession

Post by Idéfix Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Being Pope Was Great, But You Can’t Play Make-Believe Forever
By Benedict XVI

I guess I just woke up one day and realized I’m 85 years old and I’m still putting on a little costume and hat and making a fool of myself in front of thousands of people. It’s time to be a grown-up, you know? Heck, I actually told people that if they really wanted something, all they had to do was clasp their hands together and ask an invisible force for it and it would deliver.

You know, kids’ stuff like that. The kind of stuff a 5-year-old would say.

When I sit down and actually think about the things I did all the time as pope, it’s kind of embarrassing. I made people tell me all the details of the things they’ve done wrong. I moved my arms through the air and claimed that people had been blessed because of it. And get this—a couple weeks ago, I literally dipped my fingers in ashes and smeared it on people’s foreheads and told them they would live forever. How messed up is that? That’s just not what a mature, functional adult does.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/being-pope-was-great-but-you-cant-play-makebelieve,31485/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down