Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school

4 posters

Go down

She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school Empty She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:36 am

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~swati/

Btw is UMCP ranked higher than UPenn?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school Empty Re: She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

nee yenkamma school ranking godavani tagaleyya..podduna lesthe ide gola, ee school, ee kulam

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school Empty Re: She did not go to IIT. But teaches at an Ivy league school

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Rishi wrote:http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~swati/

Btw is UMCP ranked higher than UPenn?

Jadavpur - in the 90s - was a good Univ like Bangalore or Madras Univ. She had to come through merit as there were very few capitation colleges in the North at that time.

IISc - that too electrical - is highly rated. Not at all easy to get in. The seats are limited, and entrance exam+ interview etc. Among the academics IISc is more respected that the IITs.

UMCP is highly ranked in electrical - around top 10.

2012 ranking: UMD (14) and UPenn (25) just FYI.

P.S. Tell me why are you fixated on faculty profiles at various schools ? I assume you are scouting for colleges for your kids and it is all part of it. Or, is it a fantasy denied to you by life?

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Or, is it a fantasy denied to you by life?

I never had that fantasy to begin with when I was in college.

I move from one fixation to another.

Btw I know one guy who went to IISc for B.E and M.E. He was absolutely the best there. Was ##1 in the class. Got his Ph. D in EE from Princeton. Got a job at a well known Engineering school. But could not get tenure.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Rishi wrote:
Btw I know one guy who went to IISc for B.E and M.E. He was absolutely the best there. Was ##1 in the class. Got his Ph. D in EE from Princeton. Got a job at a well known Engineering school. But could not get tenure.

Probably he opened his mouth too much and is an abrasive personality.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:nee yenkamma school ranking godavani tagaleyya..podduna lesthe ide gola, ee school, ee kulam

These articles probably serve as therapy for psychological and emotional trauma endured, more power to him.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down