Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepsi Uma

2 posters

Go down

Pepsi Uma Empty Pepsi Uma

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:52 pm

I hate her for her artificiality. A Tambrahmi woman who talks in an idiotic non-brahmin way THINKING that is how people outside Mylapore speak Tamil.

Dead give away that she is a Tambrahmi Iyerini (dont ask me how I know for sure) but why try to hide her Brhminism with an artificial non-brahmin accent. Should accept she will get it right.

Hate her idiocy too.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Pepsi Uma Empty Re: Pepsi Uma

Post by Kris Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Uppili wrote:I hate her for her artificiality. A Tambrahmi woman who talks in an idiotic non-brahmin way THINKING that is how people outside Mylapore speak Tamil.

Dead give away that she is a Tambrahmi Iyerini (dont ask me how I know for sure) but why try to hide her Brhminism with an artificial non-brahmin accent. Should accept she will get it right.

Hate her idiocy too.

>>>The accent may be due to guidelines from her bosses. The idea is to appeal to the highest number of viewers possible- kinda like why national news anchors in the US didn't have regional accents (I don't know if this is the case still). If I remember this person, she has a whiny kinda voice- like Elaine Bennis on Seinfeld. She was skinny once, but put on some serious poundage later and is married to a Hindi dude, I think.Lastly, I have no idea why I remember these things.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:45 pm

who is pepsi uma?

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:who is pepsi uma?

Some host of a Tamil TV program - sponsored by Pepsi - and all the 20and 30+ mamas went gaga over her.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down