Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Corleone seeking permission..

5 posters

Go down

Michael Corleone seeking permission.. Empty Michael Corleone seeking permission..

Post by Kris Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:17 pm

..from Appollonia's father to court her. The scene is well written showing Michael continuing to come into his own as a take-charge kinda guy. Of course, rustic sicilty and the local culture make for great back drops. Love this scene

Kris

Back to top Go down

Michael Corleone seeking permission.. Empty Re: Michael Corleone seeking permission..

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Kris wrote:

..from Appollonia's father to court her. The scene is well written showing Michael continuing to come into his own as a take-charge kinda guy. Of course, rustic sicilty and the local culture make for great back drops. Love this scene

So...what makes you post this at this time of your life?

I rememebr reading the Godfather books and saw the movie after I came to this country. Did not like it as much as the book - that is all I remember about this movie. Oh...Michael the last son was supposedly a goodly guy who hated mafia business but ended up heading it anyway.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Michael Corleone seeking permission.. Empty Re: Michael Corleone seeking permission..

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 pm

i had actually loved the band baaja at the time of the wedding. so india like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 am

So...what makes you post this at this time of your life?

>>>You know the angst that affects teens:)

I rememebr reading the Godfather books and saw the movie after I came to this country. Did not like it as much as the book - that is all I remember about this movie. Oh...Michael the last son was supposedly a goodly guy who hated mafia business but ended up heading it anyway.

>>Watch parts 1 & 2 again.. this is seriously awesome, the story, the cinematography, every thing (not part 3)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:i had actually loved the band baaja at the time of the wedding. so india like.

>>>Yeah, there are similarities too on how protective the families are of the girls.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:09 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:i had actually loved the band baaja at the time of the wedding. so india northindia like.

*fixed*
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:i had actually loved the band baaja at the time of the wedding. so india northindia like.

*fixed*

Yeah but guests have far more fun in a northindian wedding. My favoritest part (of course) is the customary car(s) parked outside the pandal, with boots loaded with liquor bottles, and male guests sauntering over to have a tipple to fuel all the dancing. No such fun and games in South Indian weddings alas.

I was pleasantly surprised by an official cocktails night before a Maharashtrian wedding. Didn't know such things happened here. And there was dancing too - first a round of professionally choreographed dances by the extended family & friends, followed by a free for all on the dance floor. But then these were CKPs, who, IMO, are the Punjabis of Maharashtra when it comes living life kingsize.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by an official cocktails night before a Maharashtrian wedding. Didn't know such things happened here. And there was dancing too - first a round of professionally choreographed dances by the extended family & friends, followed by a free for all on the dance floor. But then these were CKPs, who, IMO, are the Punjabis of Maharashtra when it comes living life kingsize.

how was the beauty quotient at the wedding? satisfactory?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by an official cocktails night before a Maharashtrian wedding. Didn't know such things happened here. And there was dancing too - first a round of professionally choreographed dances by the extended family & friends, followed by a free for all on the dance floor. But then these were CKPs, who, IMO, are the Punjabis of Maharashtra when it comes living life kingsize.

how was the beauty quotient at the wedding? satisfactory?

Dazzling. I ended up cockeyed from having to gawk in so many directions at the same time. And the bride's unkil took a special liking for me and kept replenishing my glass with whisky (no vater pls) every time he passed by.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 am

that unkil perhaps has a daughter, agent.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:that unkil perhaps has a daughter, agent.

>>>Perhaps. It would be wise to tread carefully, though. There is usually an inverse ratio between the daughter's beauty and the father's solicitousness. Just sayin'

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down