Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the italian perspective

2 posters

Go down

the italian perspective Empty the italian perspective

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

for those who are keeping track of the italian marines case, i would recommend all of you to watch the last two discussions on Karan Thapar's show 'The Last Word'. The Italians have a point because the killings did not take place within the territorial waters of India.

Back to top Go down

the italian perspective Empty Re: the italian perspective

Post by Kris Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:53 am

Rashmun wrote:for those who are keeping track of the italian marines case, i would recommend all of you to watch the last two discussions on Karan Thapar's show 'The Last Word'. The Italians have a point because the killings did not take place within the territorial waters of India.

>>> I haven't followed this story closely, but wasn't their excuse something about going back to Italy to vote? If the lack of jurisdiction due to being in international waters is their contention, to bring this up at this date seems like an afterthought and India has egg on its face.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 am

kris,
international wAters argument was raised by Italians and was refuted by Indian courts.
whatever facts may be, the envoy gave commitment to supreme court as a representative of Italian govt. then reneged . that is the current conflict.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:09 am

Kris wrote:
Rashmun wrote:for those who are keeping track of the italian marines case, i would recommend all of you to watch the last two discussions on Karan Thapar's show 'The Last Word'. The Italians have a point because the killings did not take place within the territorial waters of India.

>>> I haven't followed this story closely, but wasn't their excuse something about going back to Italy to vote? If the lack of jurisdiction due to being in international waters is their contention, to bring this up at this date seems like an afterthought and India has egg on its face.

--> the killings took place outside the territorial waters of India. Italy wanted a joint probe or else the matter to be referred to an international tribunal, and that is what should have been done from the beginning according to the diplomats who appeared in the last two shows of Karan Thapar in his program 'The Last Word' on CNN-IBN. But the Indian courts declared they had jurisdiction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down