Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icy rains

4 posters

Go down

Icy rains Empty Icy rains

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

In march. Wtf.

Back to top Go down

Icy rains Empty Re: Icy rains

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm

we just had a hail storm here. It's raining cats and dogs with deafening thunders. tornado warning is in progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:32 pm

its raining in india too and that reminds me Holi is cominggggggggg

and touchwood we have awesoem weather in CA and we'll play holi at stanford balle balle
oh n i'll go in my old car..new one is too new to be colorful and i'll make gujiya and my mom is sending some with sm1 coming next week yayyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 pm

i also thot it was hail. but it was icy rain. And it was pouring by the time i got home.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:In march. Wtf.

** there is sleet where I am also. I got so gypped today. You know, no one wants to go out in weather like this, you want to be warm and cozy in bed. so there's this new place that opened across the street and it was too early for dinner and i thought i'd have nachos and cheese and a vanilla milk shake. i place my order and was subjected to the "you mean you're across the street" and finally someone delivered it to my doorstep. these two things cost me 15 bucks and i handed the boy/man a 20 and he tells me he has no change. so he ended up with the 5 and it really ruined the nachos for me and i threw it our after a few chips. the mik shake was really mediocre. previously there was a very beautiful italian restaurant with a great bar where this american deli is now. they used to prepare the most filling, luscious vegetarian soups and salads, they had flourless desserts and cheeseless pizzas, i loved their vegetable pizza where in stead of cheese they'd drizzle truffle oil. it is better to not eat than to eat nachos and cheese. and the men at the bar were such good sports. i walked in one day and i asked for an almond iceberg and he hadn't heard of it but he made a drink for me with vodka and amaretto and pistachio liquer. and he said he'd name it after me. i got more attention from him than my date.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

** there is sleet where I am also. I got so gypped today. You know, no one wants to go out in weather like this, you want to be warm and cozy in bed. so there's this new place that opened across the street and it was too early for dinner and i thought i'd have nachos and cheese and a vanilla milk shake. i place my order and was subjected to the "you mean you're across the street" and finally someone delivered it to my doorstep. these two things cost me 15 bucks and i handed the boy/man a 20 and he tells me he has no change. so he ended up with the 5 and it really ruined the nachos for me and i threw it our after a few chips. the mik shake was really mediocre. previously there was a very beautiful italian restaurant with a great bar where this american deli is now. they used to prepare the most filling, luscious vegetarian soups and salads, they had flourless desserts and cheeseless pizzas, i loved their vegetable pizza where in stead of cheese they'd drizzle truffle oil. it is better to not eat than to eat nachos and cheese. and the men at the bar were such good sports. i walked in one day and i asked for an almond iceberg and he hadn't heard of it but he made a drink for me with vodka and amaretto and pistachio liquer. and he said he'd name it after me. i got more attention from him than my date.

so in summary, this one paragraph started with sleet, there were nachos for 20 bucks, most of the para covered italian menu and men at the bar and ended with a bartender hitting on you. *phew*

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

so in summary, this one paragraph started with sleet, there were nachos for 20 bucks, most of the para covered italian menu and men at the bar and ended with a bartender hitting on you. *phew*

it's bad when vidya supplies the cliff notes

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:19 pm

** there was one line on what i like to eat at the italian place, not the entire menu. if i supplied you with the menu, you'd know where i live. and it's what happened, not some story. oh, whatever, think what you want.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:** there was one line on what i like to eat at the italian place, not the entire menu. if i supplied you with the menu, you'd know where i live. and it's what happened, not some story. oh, whatever, think what you want.

oh, i believed the whole thing. I am more of a para person, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:14 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

** there is sleet where I am also. I got so gypped today. You know, no one wants to go out in weather like this, you want to be warm and cozy in bed. so there's this new place that opened across the street and it was too early for dinner and i thought i'd have nachos and cheese and a vanilla milk shake. i place my order and was subjected to the "you mean you're across the street" and finally someone delivered it to my doorstep. these two things cost me 15 bucks and i handed the boy/man a 20 and he tells me he has no change. so he ended up with the 5 and it really ruined the nachos for me and i threw it our after a few chips. the mik shake was really mediocre.

Nachos and cheese? Vanilla milkshake?? That's 1500+ calories in a single meal. So the forced $5 tip was really a message. To not abuse yourself thusly. Pls heed.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

** there is sleet where I am also. I got so gypped today. You know, no one wants to go out in weather like this, you want to be warm and cozy in bed. so there's this new place that opened across the street and it was too early for dinner and i thought i'd have nachos and cheese and a vanilla milk shake. i place my order and was subjected to the "you mean you're across the street" and finally someone delivered it to my doorstep. these two things cost me 15 bucks and i handed the boy/man a 20 and he tells me he has no change. so he ended up with the 5 and it really ruined the nachos for me and i threw it our after a few chips. the mik shake was really mediocre.

Nachos and cheese? Vanilla milkshake?? That's 1500+ calories in a single meal. So the forced $5 tip was really a message. To not abuse yourself thusly. Pls heed.

** huh, aren't you the guy who has three or more drinks each day? don't kill your liver, merlot. and by the way, any bartenders name a drink after you?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 am

lol!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down