Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks

+11
nevada
doofus_maximus
Nila
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
Captain Bhankas
Kris
Petrichor
Idéfix
southindian
Impedimenta
15 posters

Go down

Starbucks Empty Starbucks

Post by Impedimenta Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm

feels like a starbucks day today. your favorite there? mine would be the pumpkin spice latte...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Starbucks Empty Re: Starbucks

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Chai latte. That's what I get like 90% of the time.

Had a relaxing time this last Sunday. Son had to go to a b'day party. So dropped Daughter at her friend's place. Dropped son to the party, and went to the starbucks near his party place in EB.

Had to kill two hours. The place was full, so took one chai latte and chilled in my car. Chatted with bff on phone for about 40 min. Then went to a nearby store, and bought stuff for kids, before picking up son.

Love such alone times. Rarely get them these days. But then that's by choice.

Starbucks 44RTMUw

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 pm

nice. i don't think i am ever going to get alone time, ever. but if i do, i would love to sit in B&N with my pumpkin spice latte and read the comics....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Grande-Bold
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm

I usually get a chai latte or the house blend. The wife is now fanatical about a local chain called Philz. They have a blend called Tesora which is very good. They brew each cup on order. I find it tedious and honestly, I can't tell the difference between their coffee for which you have to wait 10 minutes and the Starbucks thing you get in half a minute.

Starbucks Home_worldcup
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Bristot espresso dark roast decoction, water at 100 deg, a bit of milk, sucre...
heaven!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Impedimenta wrote:feels like a starbucks day today. your favorite there? mine would be the pumpkin spice latte...

>>.Coffee Frap, SB Mocha (can) which I usually get at the convenience store while driving to work

Used to like Chai tea latte- kinda outgrew it, although that's what introduced me to SB years ago

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 am

my favourite there has to be a made-to-order blend of sugar free triple venti, no foam, with whipped caramel mixed with two portions of argentinian decaf and belarusian non-decaf topped with vanilla powder garnished with kotolotta style caramel drizzle with just a hint of espresso.

the joy that you experience sipping this drink while nodding intelligently looking at your macbook screen is unparalleled.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:my favourite there has to be a made-to-order blend of sugar free triple venti, no foam, with whipped caramel mixed with two portions of argentinian decaf and belarusian non-decaf topped with vanilla powder garnished with kotolotta style caramel drizzle with just a hint of espresso.

the joy that you experience sipping this drink while nodding intelligently looking at your macbook screen is unparalleled.

>>>>The experience only further enriched by viewing the monthly payment on your home equity loan you had to take out to afford said cup of starbucks joe:)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:my favourite there has to be a made-to-order blend of sugar free triple venti, no foam, with whipped caramel mixed with two portions of argentinian decaf and belarusian non-decaf topped with vanilla powder garnished with kotolotta style caramel drizzle with just a hint of espresso.

Hahaha. That reminds me of the time I offered to bring a colleague a cup of coffee back from my break. I had to ask her to email me her order, and read it out to the person at the counter. I have a strong suspicion her complicated order was no better than my house blend, but the people at Starbucks respect those crazy orders more probably because they cost 2-3 times as much. I also hate the tall, grande, venti thing they have going on. What's wrong with small, medium, and large? I like coffee shops that actually call their small cup small.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 am

trofimov wrote:

Hahaha. That reminds me of the time I offered to bring a colleague a cup of coffee back from my break. I had to ask her to email me her order, and read it out to the person at the counter. I have a strong suspicion her complicated order was no better than my house blend, but the people at Starbucks respect those crazy orders more probably because they cost 2-3 times as much. I also hate the tall, grande, venti thing they have going on. What's wrong with small, medium, and large? I like coffee shops that actually call their small cup small.

>>>The high prices are coming back to haunt them. I have seen quite a few shutting down. Even the one in our office complex which I thought was ideal for foot traffic closed down.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 am

trofimov wrote:Hahaha. That reminds me of the time I offered to bring a colleague a cup of coffee back from my break. I had to ask her to email me her order, and read it out to the person at the counter. I have a strong suspicion her complicated order was no better than my house blend, but the people at Starbucks respect those crazy orders more probably because they cost 2-3 times as much. I also hate the tall, grande, venti thing they have going on. What's wrong with small, medium, and large? I like coffee shops that actually call their small cup small.

yes. i hate it the way you have to put in an order at starbucks. i always said "small" and never "tall". moreover, i dislike cold coffee as much as anyone would dislike hot beer. i also don't like foam. mocha is too sweet. i always ordered small americano with some room at the top to mix milk/cream/whatever and sugar. drinking tea or coffee is more out of habit than the need to get a start. tea and coffee don't do a squat for my sleep/hangover/inertia.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 am

Kris wrote:>>>The high prices are coming back to haunt them. I have seen quite a few shutting down. Even the one in our office complex which I thought was ideal for foot traffic closed down.

well, youngistan can spend serious money for the pleasure of getting a picture taken at starbucks and uploading it on facebook.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 am

Sumatra dark roast. Vermont medium in the late afternoon. It is expensive but it sure keeps you ticking.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Impedimenta wrote:feels like a starbucks day today. your favorite there? mine would be the pumpkin spice latte...

Yesterday I found the right customized Starbucks formula for me.

"Small regular coffee but in a large cup and add another 1/3 cup hot water to dilute the strong regular - now that fit my taste perfectly.

But, it took a 5 min explanation to the counter gal to get this done.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Yesterday I found the right customized Starbucks formula for me.

"Small regular coffee but in a large cup and add another 1/3 cup hot water to dilute the strong regular - now that fit my taste perfectly.

But, it took a 5 min explanation to the counter gal to get this done.

"Tall in a grande cup; dilute with hot water"

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

i like bru coffee better than starbucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 pm

I am not a fan of sb. I make awesome filter coffee.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm

nenu wrote:i like bru coffee better than starbucks.

Where do you find Bru Coffee shops ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:15 pm

if i worked at starbucks and someone ordered the above, i would ask them to go away and then probably get fired. just saying.

I would also ask them if they wanted to thinnify laddu.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nenu wrote:i like bru coffee better than starbucks.

Where do you find Bru Coffee shops ?

Why? should coffee be had only in shops?

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm

kin kin, i make the bestest filter coffee in the world. Please ignore upps and his sidekick ekadesi. you come over and i will prove this to you.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Impedimenta wrote:kin kin, i make the bestest filter coffee in the world. Please ignore upps and his sidekick ekadesi. you come over and i will prove this to you.

Thanks for the invite. I sure would love to Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

trofimov wrote:

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:08 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
trofimov wrote:

Hahaha! My sentiments exactly.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Impedimenta wrote:kin kin, i make the bestest filter coffee in the world. Please ignore upps and his sidekick ekadesi. you come over and i will prove this to you.

Kannae Laddu! Are you a "Very Modern" woman? Just asking...;-)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:20 pm

trofimov wrote:

i love saying tall, grande and all that jazz. makes me feel i am italian Rolling Eyes with tanning lotion on....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Ekadasi wrote:

i want to look like sofia vargara in the modern family but i don't. so ya, does not matter anymore what i am.

how are you?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Ekadasi wrote:

i want to look like sofia vargara in the modern family but i don't. so ya, does not matter anymore what i am.

how are you?

I am alright. Thnx. How you? Same here...I want to look like Jennifer Lawrence, but never mattered or will matter anymore.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Wait. Who would I want to look like? I guess Scarlett Johansson. Oh well. Same sad story here too.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 pm

I don't drink Starbucks coffee. Not a fan of their over roasted beans. I go to Peet's. Caramel Machiatto is my favorite.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 am

nevada wrote:I don't drink Starbucks coffee. Not a fan of their over roasted beans. I go to Peet's. Caramel Machiatto is my favorite.

Yes, the coffee is all roasted with star bugs and they make good star bucks. Peet's is the best.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:42 am

truthbetold wrote:Sumatra dark roast. Vermont medium in the late afternoon. It is expensive but it sure keeps you ticking.

** yes, their coffee is determinedly strong and addictive. i like gingerbread latte in the winter only because they serve it up in a festive christmas cup; in a regular cup it doesn't taste so good. what i've realized about starbucks is that it's a nice place to go to with your parents or uncles and aunts. i mean as opposed to a restaurant with a bar, cuz otherwise they'll take me to some madras mahal or sarvana bhavan (which i secretly love). i like their bento boxes and spinach feta wrap. what i don't get is the number if people who go there to get work done, is that even possible?!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 am

I go to starbucks only when I have a meeting there or there is no other coffee shop and I've sometime to kill or need wifi.

There are plenty of local coffee shops that serve good coffee.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am

In India, if you say anything about putting pumpkin spice in coffee, they would look at you as if you are proposing putting pork in sambaar.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Pope Francis wrote:I go to starbucks only when I have a meeting there or there is no other coffee shop and I've sometime to kill or need wifi.

There are plenty of local coffee shops that serve good coffee.

if you diss starbucks for other coffee shops, you are probably going to hell. same goes for bru users.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:52 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Sumatra dark roast. Vermont medium in the late afternoon. It is expensive but it sure keeps you ticking.

** yes, their coffee is determinedly strong and addictive. i like gingerbread latte in the winter only because they serve it up in a festive christmas cup; in a regular cup it doesn't taste so good. what i've realized about starbucks is that it's a nice place to go to with your parents or uncles and aunts. i mean as opposed to a restaurant with a bar, cuz otherwise they'll take me to some madras mahal or sarvana bhavan (which i secretly love). i like their bento boxes and spinach feta wrap. what i don't get is the number if people who go there to get work done, is that even possible?!

woman, all this is fine and dandy and i am thrilled to hear about your secret love for saravana bhavan but how can you live with gaps in between your teeth?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:03 pm

A colleague mixes Sumatra dark roast and Chockfull-of-Nuts 50-50. Coffee comes out with excellent flavor.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:35 pm

I've finally figured out how to order a good cup of coffee at Starbucks. And it was only $2.08.

Short Extra-hot Bold Coffee Misto (make sure the coffee is 2/3 and steamed milk is 1/3)- add sugar to your liking.

yay!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 am

Impedimenta wrote:woman, all this is fine and dandy and i am thrilled to hear about your secret love for saravana bhavan but how can you live with gaps in between your teeth?

Some men find the whistling sound she makes when she says "Sivasamban slurped sambar at Saravana Bhavan" sufficiently cute to name drinks after her. That surely must make it easier to live with those gaps.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:woman, all this is fine and dandy and i am thrilled to hear about your secret love for saravana bhavan but how can you live with gaps in between your teeth?

Some men find the whistling sound she makes when she says "Sivasamban slurped sambar at Saravana Bhavan" sufficiently cute to name drinks after her. That surely must make it easier to live with those gaps.

** yes, it helps. fortunately, not all men are as discriminating as you are.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:13 am

Discerning. That is the word you should be looking for.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:56 am

Impedimenta wrote:I've finally figured out how to order a good cup of coffee at Starbucks. And it was only $2.08.

Short Extra-hot Bold Coffee Misto (make sure the coffee is 2/3 and steamed milk is 1/3)- add sugar to your liking.

yay!

Or for me, just Grande-Bold
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Discerning. That is the word you should be looking for.

why, when they mean the same thing and can be used fairly interchangeably, as in "discerning taste" or "discriminating taste?" you just chose the wrong post to correct, you could easily have a field day with any other post of mine. don't you like to win?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down