Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where are chappell-lovers? (cricket)

5 posters

Go down

where are chappell-lovers? (cricket) Empty where are chappell-lovers? (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:39 am

some posters on CH were thrilled whenever greg chappell's name was mentioned in cricket discussions. they thought the idiot was right in taking decisions he took during his tenure as india's coach. i recall indiawins (a name-dropper) was one such poster. i hope chappell-lovers are following the development in australia. remember, chappell is australia's talent manager determined to destroy aus cricket.

hahahahahaha @ chappell-lovers.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

where are chappell-lovers? (cricket) Empty Re: where are chappell-lovers? (cricket)

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 am

whats with dropping Katich? When they did that kind of drama with Bevan and others some time ago they had quality replacements. Now they have some untested newbies.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

where are chappell-lovers? (cricket) Empty Re: where are chappell-lovers? (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:06 am

yeah, katich is one of their consistent performers and not older than ponting who has lost form of late. why drop him? i am sure this is chappell's bhejality to infuse more young blood.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:54 am

and now zaheer khan calls chappell-era the most disappointing period of his career because he was not sure if chappell wanted him or not. what a moron this chappell fuqer was. how i wish indiawins was around.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 am

Another Brick wrote:and now zaheer khan calls chappell-era the most disappointing period of his career because he was not sure if chappell wanted him or not. what a moron this chappell fuqer was. how i wish indiawins was around.

I could never understand anyone who saw something good in this grumpy goon and his theories of multiple hats, good human beings and other such gimmicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:02 am

if i remember it right, it was his presentation that caught BCCI's eye. didn't know microsoft powerpoint was that powerful (or BCCI bosses were that dumb).

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:02 am

blabberwock wrote:
Another Brick wrote:and now zaheer khan calls chappell-era the most disappointing period of his career because he was not sure if chappell wanted him or not. what a moron this chappell fuqer was. how i wish indiawins was around.

I could never understand anyone who saw something good in this grumpy goon and his theories of multiple hats, good human beings and other such gimmicks.

what surprised me was ho he shuffled Indian batting in the name of flexibility and shock value. But, when he himself played, the Aussie cricket was solid with each player engraved at a particular position until he was dropped. What changed ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 am

What really puzzles me is that Chappell doesn't have a CH nickname. For one thing, his name begins with CH. And his name sounds like the northindian word for footwear. Shiela Dikshit gets a CH nickname, but not Chappell? Uff!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by jayZ Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:13 am

Another Brick wrote:and now zaheer khan calls chappell-era the most disappointing period of his career because he was not sure if chappell wanted him or not. what a moron this chappell fuqer was.

Ofcourse he thinks it was disappointing. He was overweight (and still is) and in terrible form and was dropped. Chappell called out the likes of Ganguly, Harbhajan and Zaheer for what they were in 2005:underperformers. It is easy to overlook that in the light of Zaheers recent success.

jayZ

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 pm

jayZ wrote:
Another Brick wrote:and now zaheer khan calls chappell-era the most disappointing period of his career because he was not sure if chappell wanted him or not. what a moron this chappell fuqer was.

Ofcourse he thinks it was disappointing. He was overweight (and still is) and in terrible form and was dropped. Chappell called out the likes of Ganguly, Harbhajan and Zaheer for what they were in 2005:underperformers. It is easy to overlook that in the light of Zaheers recent success.

Nuanced handling of Indian superstars is a prerequisite if you are going to take up Indian team's coaching job. I agree that these superstars deserved a kick in the butt, but the way it was done by Chappell left a lot to be desired. His supreme ego and relentless promotion of youth over experience, without any justification never sat well with Indian players. Compare this with how Kirsten got the job done.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down