Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'

3 posters

Go down

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' Empty Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'

Post by southindian Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 am

This was long awaited and expected for airlines fares. The new rule needs to implement by all airlines across the world as weight makes airplanes work.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/02/travel/samoa-air-fare-by-weight/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

An industry that charges passengers for luggage weight also need to weigh passengers.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' Empty Re: Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 am

I used to enjoy flying, now I almost dread it!

But, this seems kind of exciting and adventurous and want to try it..and for people with acrophobia..it has to be scary and head-spinning!

Virgin Atlantic launches glass-bottomed plane:

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/virgin-atlantic-launches-worlds-first-ever-glass-bottomed-plane
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' Empty Re: Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step'

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:53 am

I thought that someone would have got the joke by now:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 am

Maria S wrote:I used to enjoy flying, now I almost dread it!

But, this seems kind of exciting and adventurous and want to try it..and for people with acrophobia..it has to be scary and head-spinning!

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/virgin-atlantic-launches-worlds-first-ever-glass-bottomed-plane
OMG that would be quite a ride.

some 1st class cabins make flying a completely different experience. my wife suggested the other day (after seeing these pics.) that we should just fly around and come back instead of vacationing at any destination.

singapore airlines 1st class suites:

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 305184_282359318446382_886703_n

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 308094_282871921728455_5323062_n

emirates' first class:

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 311541_287401574608823_1020396318_n

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 292026_293583717323942_328657039_n

oman business class:

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 392590_324876764194637_464020672_n

etihad's business class:

Pay-as-you-weigh airfares the 'next step' 312510_284883048194009_1653238_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am

Great pics HK!

From what Mrs. HK says..you must be wonderful company:)

Have not traveled by any of the Middle Eastern Airlines! Have heard good things about them.

The First class and Economy travel..are quite different for sure..esp. the treatment from Flight attendants! *But, the company is often nicer and feels homely in the Economy class..as you can imagine, I'll talk to anyone and everyone and if the friendliness is reciprocated, will continue or keep my distance..I can write a book about airplane travel experiences from childhood to now..how things have changed, but, beneath all the masks, people are still the same, once you talk to them..they always surprise me with how much they want to talk to a stranger..whether they are young or old:)

Hope you are doing well. take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

Maria S wrote:I thought that someone would have got the joke by now:)

Yes this article was an April fool joke from Virgin Atlantic...much like the airlines called Virgin...
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 am

southindian wrote:
Maria S wrote:I thought that someone would have got the joke by now:)

Yes this article was an April fool joke from Virgin Atlantic...much like the airlines called Virgin...
o teri! i was wondering how it was possible with the luggage cabins below and that the view through the solid glass must surely be prismatic but i thought they must have circumvented all this with some clever engineering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 am

Maria S wrote:Hope you are doing well. take care.
yup doing good. yes, you can continue to ask about my well being every 5 mins, as will i. hope you are doing well too. talk to you after 5 mins. meanwhile take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:I used to enjoy flying, now I almost dread it!

OMG that would be quite a ride.

What interests me most is when will the airlines allow Standing Passengers and better - foot-board flying?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
yup doing good. yes, you can continue to ask about my well being every 5 mins, as will i. hope you are doing well too. talk to you after 5 mins. meanwhile take care.

You want to try HK? Are you sure you can keep up with me? Got to work very, very hard to beat me at the- "Common Courtesy and Etiquette championships"Smile

Seriously, if someone does not mean something..it's better not to say it, I don't and won't.

It is good to know that you are doing good.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down