Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a bad-looking lady

+2
Hellsangel
Idéfix
6 posters

Go down

Not a bad-looking lady Empty Not a bad-looking lady

Post by Idéfix Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Stephen Colbert has long joked about running for political office, but his big sister is doing it. And she is running against devout advocate of family values, Mark Sanford of the Appalachian-Hike-in-Argentina fame. The Republicans are worried, and one Republican in particular is worried primarily because "she's not a bad-looking lady."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/elizabeth-colbert-busch-gop_n_3013357.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

“Everybody is really concerned because she’s not a bad-looking lady," Jerry Hallman, chairman of the Beaufort County Republican Party, told The New York Times, adding that Colbert Busch was also "a good speaker" and had "some money.”

With issues of gender already emerging at the forefront of the race, comments like this could be making Sanford cringe.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Not a bad-looking lady Empty Re: Not a bad-looking lady

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Name one ugly woman politician.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Speaking of not a bad-looking lady..looks like even the most controlled man who "measures" his words..can look kind of sexist and unprofessional and let his guard down!

I am talking about none other than our feminist dear President Obama- who apparently could not take his eyes off and stop paying compliments about her attractiveness (which any woman would appreciate in private!) to that "easy on the eyes"... *as he described her..the very colorful Atty. Gen.Kamala Harris! Twitter has gone wild calling him stupid and sexist..and sadly, I agree it was inappropriate:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/obama-kamala-harris_n_3017210.html

Back to the South Carolina race..I like Colbert and it would be nice if a Democrat, his sister wins..*but, for some reason I like Mark Sanford too..once he knew he could not hide his affair..never seen politician in the US tell the truth, confess so openly- go off rambling on and on for hours about his love for his South American soulmate, mistress, something Maria in front of the media..quoting poetry, face everything and come back and run for office again (as he said- God may forgive him..more than his voters without losing his sense of humor!)..and that takes some chutzpah! May be, I like to see comeback stories..people getting second chances and see what they do with it.

It's going to be an interesting race!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 pm

[quote="Maria S"]Speaking of not a bad-looking lady..looks like even the most controlled man who "measures" his words..can look kind of sexist and unprofessional and let his guard down!

I am talking about none other than our feminist dear President Obama- who apparently could not take his eyes off and stop paying compliments about her attractiveness (which any woman would appreciate in private!) to that "easy on the eyes"... *as he described her..the very colorful Atty. Gen.Kamala Harris! Twitter has gone wild calling him stupid and sexist..and sadly, I agree it was inappropriate:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/obama-kamala-harris_n_3017210.html

And, someone said there is kombolete freedom of speech in America - is it only applicable to political POLICY freedom?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

And, someone said there is kombolete freedom of speech in America - is it only applicable to political POLICY freedom?

Nice to see you around U..anytime I read anything about Kamala Harris, I think about you!Smile

It is a good question..people are debating this "most important issue:D" on the internets! Can a professional woman be called beautiful by her boss in public..comparing her to mostly men? How far can a man go with it? I think it's inappropriate.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:01 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Kamala-Harris-attorney-general-race-s-long-wait-3167435.php#photo-2300952

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Maria S wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Nice to see you around U..anytime I read anything about Kamala Harris, I think about you!Smile

It is a good question..people are debating this "most important issue:D" on the internets! Can a professional woman be called beautiful by her boss in public..comparing her to mostly men? How far can a man go with it? I think it's inappropriate.

If Obama had told her in private that she was beautiful - it would have been scandalous, and he would have been in soup. If a man did not praise a woman he would be called rude and unappreciative or even anti-woman. If he praises in public that is inappropriate.

It is a hard life for men.

P.S. I like Kamala Harris and I have been following her. Looking at her history, I could have very well become her acquaintance...and (my) history would have changed...Another life-changing miss.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Idéfix wrote:Stephen Colbert has long joked about running for political office, but his big sister is doing it. And she is running against devout advocate of family values, Mark Sanford of the Appalachian-Hike-in-Argentina fame. The Republicans are worried, and one Republican in particular is worried primarily because "she's not a bad-looking lady."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/elizabeth-colbert-busch-gop_n_3013357.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

“Everybody is really concerned because she’s not a bad-looking lady," Jerry Hallman, chairman of the Beaufort County Republican Party, told The New York Times, adding that Colbert Busch was also "a good speaker" and had "some money.”

With issues of gender already emerging at the forefront of the race, comments like this could be making Sanford cringe.

D+

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm

this good looking lady got her start in the bidness on account of spending some quality time under willie brown who has this democrat habit of putting his many girlfriends into positions of power.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Holder must be feeling jealous.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Holder must be feeling jealous.

holder probably will get a shot if she rumors of her being a lesbian arent true. as long as he can hold onto that post, that is.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down