Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun Facts about you

+3
Kris
Propagandhi711
Nila
7 posters

Go down

Fun Facts about you Empty Fun Facts about you

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Recently my DH joined a new company and was asked to share a fun fact about himself ( so the HR person can introduce him to everyone )

I was helping him choose what to share with his future coworkers and we came up with a list of things about both of us. It was fun to do and you'll enjoy doing it to (iHope).

So i'll start

fun fact #1, when we first learned about stars and constellations in school, my friend and I took what we thought was the most poswerful torch in the world (it wasnt long and tube like usual torches, it was rectangular and box like with a bigger bulb and everything and it was yellow. very fancy) which belonged to his dad to the terrace and started locating all the constellations with its help. Somehow we were convinced the light is reaching them. I remember talking sth like bcz its very dark and the stars are so far, we cannot see the circle ( that the ligth from torch usually makes).

fun fact #2, i never share the last bite of anything i'm eating with anyone. never have. never will.
background: i was told whoever gets the last bite gets a very handsoem husband and also that last bite is amrit.

Last edited by seven on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellings)

Back to top Go down

Fun Facts about you Empty Re: Fun Facts about you

Post by Nila Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

LOL at very handsome husband and locating the constellations with torch.

I am not a very fun person. I tend be always seriousy...

I bought the whoever steps on someone's cut finger nails will end up marrying each other. I always made sure to none steps on them by wrapping it with multiple layers of paper.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Nila wrote:I bought the whoever steps on someone's cut finger nails will end up marrying each other. I always made sure to none steps on them by wrapping it with multiple layers of paper.

It's a good practice to dispose them properly. Elders told stories so we behave. My mom told us if we laugh too loud, our teeth will grow too big. that girls should laugh softly. I took it to heart and stopped laughing altogether. Everyone started noticing - 7 why aren't u laughing beta. laugh if you want to. then my tauji talked some sense into me and i became normal again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:14 pm

my elders (who shall remain unnamed) told me if I pulled on my pud often as I was wont to do as a wee lad, it would soon drop past my knee. it did and I'm happy with it.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:26 pm

seven wrote:
Nila wrote:I bought the whoever steps on someone's cut finger nails will end up marrying each other. I always made sure to none steps on them by wrapping it with multiple layers of paper.

It's a good practice to dispose them properly. Elders told stories so we behave. My mom told us if we laugh too loud, our teeth will grow too big. that girls should laugh softly. I took it to heart and stopped laughing altogether. Everyone started noticing - 7 why aren't u laughing beta. laugh if you want to. then my tauji talked some sense into me and i became normal again.

Also, if you laugh too much you will also cry. So, we friends after too much laffing used to pinch ourselves to balance it out. Who/what is tauji?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

Also, if you laugh too much you will also cry. So, we friends after too much laffing used to pinch ourselves to balance it out. Who/what is tauji?

tauji is father's elder brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:my elders (who shall remain unnamed) told me if I pulled on my pud often as I was wont to do as a wee lad, it would soon drop past my knee. it did and I'm happy with it.

So, you stitch your own garments? How do you walk? And finally...when it's up will it past up your head?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:55 pm

#1 As a kid and through my teen years, I never ever ate or drank someone's jhhootha. Was extremely fastidious about it. To the point that sis almost beat me up once, and my ex-bf would keep trying to make me share his cold drinks (pyar badta hai logic), but I never did, specially, never with him. By the time I was in college, I had even forgotten why I was so. Then I remembered why. In 6th or so grade a classmate told us, that her grandma told her, that you get white spots on your face if you eat or drink someone's jhhootha. Once I realized the source of my behaviour, I slowly slowly broke the habit. But even now, if I eat from someone's plate or drink from someone's glass, within myself I feel liberated liberated from my own shackles.

#2 Can stare at the clouds for 1-2 hours, and make stories about them as characters. Used to engage friends in this activity as a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:#1 As a kid and through my teen years, I never ever ate or drank someone's jhhootha. Was extremely fastidious about it. To the point that sis almost beat me up once, and my ex-bf would keep trying to make me share his cold drinks (pyar badta hai logic), but I never did, specially, never with him. By the time I was in college, I had even forgotten why I was so. Then I remembered why. In 6th or so grade a classmate told us, that her grandma told her, that you get white spots on your face if you eat or drink someone's jhhootha. Once I realized the source of my behaviour, I slowly slowly broke the habit. But even now, if I eat from someone's plate or drink from someone's glass, within myself I feel liberated liberated from my own shackles.

#2 Can stare at the clouds for 1-2 hours, and make stories about them as characters. Used to engage friends in this activity as a kid.

Oh me too! i was fascinated by the clouds. I remember imagining how it would be go on them and play around. My mom got me very pretty white frock with matching hairband and white sandles, lace socks....well so it was all white and very pretty. Whenever I wore it, i'd imagine playing hide n seek on the clouds. and jumping from one cloud to another. i thought it wont hurt even if I fall or get dirty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:my elders (who shall remain unnamed) told me if I pulled on my pud often as I was wont to do as a wee lad, it would soon drop past my knee. it did and I'm happy with it.

fun fact #711: we are the tallest when we wake up in morning. grow shorter by the end of day bcz of gravity. in ur case, gravity worked in ur favor Wink kudos to u!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 am

seven wrote:Recently my DH joined a new company and was asked to share a fun fact about himself ( so the HR person can introduce him to everyone )

I was helping him choose what to share with his future coworkers and we came up with a list of things about both of us. It was fun to do and you'll enjoy doing it to (iHope).

So i'll start

fun fact #1, when we first learned about stars and constellations in school, my friend and I took what we thought was the most poswerful torch in the world (it wasnt long and tube like usual torches, it was rectangular and box like with a bigger bulb and everything and it was yellow. very fancy) which belonged to his dad to the terrace and started locating all the constellations with its help. Somehow we were convinced the light is reaching them. I remember talking sth like bcz its very dark and the stars are so far, we cannot see the circle ( that the ligth from torch usually makes).

fun fact #2, i never share the last bite of anything i'm eating with anyone. never have. never will.
background: i was told whoever gets the last bite gets a very handsoem husband and also that last bite is amrit.

>>>>
(1) When I was able to first see myself in the mirror, the one that was attached to the cabinet in our house, I thought my reflection was another kid behind the mirror. I also told my younger brother this. For a few days, we tried to dodge the kids on the other side of the mirror. Thought similarly about movies that there were actors behind a glass screen.
(2) Vaguely remember climbing a piano while in kindergarten to rock the plastic balloon swan on top of it. The piano started making
sounds and I ran away. I think there were a few other kids with me.
(3) When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I was standing next to the teacher who was sitting in her chair. I sneezed on her head. Her name was Meenakshi and she was fair and had acne. I thought she was pretty, but was heartbroken when she didn't take kindly to this episode.
(4) Ate a whole large pizza and drank a pitcher of beer in one sitting as did my roommate. The waitress had told us about the two- for- one deal and had said "you guys are not going to eat both of them here, are you?" We sort of slunk away later when she was not looking.
(5) Have met Serpico once, the guy Al Pacino played in the movie.

(6) Have met Joe Montana's dad at a conference.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

yes
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:48 am

seven wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:#1 As a kid and through my teen years, I never ever ate or drank someone's jhhootha. Was extremely fastidious about it. To the point that sis almost beat me up once, and my ex-bf would keep trying to make me share his cold drinks (pyar badta hai logic), but I never did, specially, never with him. By the time I was in college, I had even forgotten why I was so. Then I remembered why. In 6th or so grade a classmate told us, that her grandma told her, that you get white spots on your face if you eat or drink someone's jhhootha. Once I realized the source of my behaviour, I slowly slowly broke the habit. But even now, if I eat from someone's plate or drink from someone's glass, within myself I feel liberated liberated from my own shackles.

Oh me too! i was fascinated by the clouds. I remember imagining how it would be go on them and play around. My mom got me very pretty white frock with matching hairband and white sandles, lace socks....well so it was all white and very pretty. Whenever I wore it, i'd imagine playing hide n seek on the clouds. and jumping from one cloud to another. i thought it wont hurt even if I fall or get dirty.

I want to change my fact # 1. Wrote it coz that's what came to mind reading something about food in 7's post. That's not something I would say in an office meeting.

So ok. Fun facts. Hmm.

#1 I can walk well with a book on my head (haven't tried this in years, but will see if I can still do that if challenged).

#3 I can put on shoes on a kid and tie the laces no matter what angle, position, or mobility situation the kid's feet and legs are in.

K. Choose top two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm

My friend and I used to watch clouds and pretend to see amoeba like creatures in the air.

One of my friend's sister used to dress up like Ragavendra Swami and pretend that she is giving boons to her devotees. We used to be her devotees but she was super mean to her sister and later formed an association with her sister. Her sis is one of my mega million friend - she has helped me in my tough situations - very inspiring. She is also my cousin....we didn't knew the complicated relationship tree for a long long time. I always see her as my friend.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

since we tilt our head up to look at the moon, I used to think that people on the moon would tilt their head downward and look down to view our earth.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 pm

When we were in high school. One of our friends was talking about her uncles's son (Mama Payyan) like it's her world and there seems to be no end to it. We all decided to see that hunk one time. He was studying in a different state by then and was visiting them over the holidays. LOL after seeing him we made so much fun of him...she couldn't take it and erupted like a volcano. Her nick name is changed from xyz to volcano xyz.

She said he looked like actor Karthik. We disapproved by stating the fact that he is not even near close to Karthik. She said that he danced like prabhu deva - LOL we made fun that the guy walks like girly version of prabhu deva. Paavam we all made her cry.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
seven wrote:

I want to change my fact # 1. Wrote it coz that's what came to mind reading something about food in 7's post. That's not something I would say in an office meeting.

So ok. Fun facts. Hmm.

#1 I can walk well with a book on my head (haven't tried this in years, but will see if I can still do that if challenged).

#3 I can put on shoes on a kid and tie the laces no matter what angle, position, or mobility situation the kid's feet and legs are in.

K. Choose top two.

this isnt for the office. you're sharing it with suchers. about walking with the book on ur head - how fast? how far? how long ago?
any interesting stories related to the activity? pls share :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm

indophile wrote:since we tilt our head up to look at the moon, I used to think that people on the moon would tilt their head downward and look down to view our earth.

thats cute. i used to wonder too if people on the south pole are upside down. i still dont know how that works..i see things straight but i am not on or near north pole. does that mean i am..nvm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Kris wrote:
>>>>
(1) When I was able to first see myself in the mirror, the one that was attached to the cabinet in our house, I thought my reflection was another kid behind the mirror. I also told my younger brother this. For a few days, we tried to dodge the kids on the other side of the mirror. Thought similarly about movies that there were actors behind a glass screen.
(2) Vaguely remember climbing a piano while in kindergarten to rock the plastic balloon swan on top of it. The piano started making
sounds and I ran away. I think there were a few other kids with me.
(3) When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, I was standing next to the teacher who was sitting in her chair. I sneezed on her head. Her name was Meenakshi and she was fair and had acne. I thought she was pretty, but was heartbroken when she didn't take kindly to this episode.
(4) Ate a whole large pizza and drank a pitcher of beer in one sitting as did my roommate. The waitress had told us about the two- for- one deal and had said "you guys are not going to eat both of them here, are you?" We sort of slunk away later when she was not looking.
(5) Have met Serpico once, the guy Al Pacino played in the movie.

(6) Have met Joe Montana's dad at a conference.

oh i think you were a very cute kid. i kinda always new the mirror thing but did think people sing from inside the radio/tape recorder and if sm1 dies in one movie i didnt understand how they were alive in next. and yes, i thought they were real people inside the tv.

a whole pizza all by yourself -i'm not surprised. i have seen guys eat the whole thing in less than 15 min!
i remember a very funny incident from school in response to ur meenakshi teacher episode. but its too embarrassing. i'll share some other time. or not X_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Nila wrote:When we were in high school. One of our friends was talking about her uncles's son (Mama Payyan) like it's her world and there seems to be no end to it. We all decided to see that hunk one time. He was studying in a different state by then and was visiting them over the holidays. LOL after seeing him we made so much fun of him...she couldn't take it and erupted like a volcano. Her nick name is changed from xyz to volcano xyz.

She said he looked like actor Karthik. We disapproved by stating the fact that he is not even near close to Karthik. She said that he danced like prabhu deva - LOL we made fun that the guy walks like girly version of prabhu deva. Paavam we all made her cry.

so i am trying to think how she tells this story now. something on the lines of "...the girls were so jealous of my bf/cousin, they tried to hide it but i saw right through them...sour grapes etc. yada yada yada i am so glad he didn't like any of them and we've been inseparable since..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 pm

She was already with the assumption that we were all jealous of her. They did got married and they have 2 kids. She did her engineering in one of the top schools but took her father's job in postal services.

I always visit the beauty salon we all used to go; that's the common among us: and get info about my friends thru the salon owner. She is our main contact. Haven't seen her in decades. (But my maama payyan was their neighbour so my cousin and me used to visit them all the time...that was another story)

I thought he was hitting on me...my cousin thought it was her. Finally he was hitting on the volcono's sister. Apparently our caste ppl rejected it...the broken hearted one killed himself. (again a long long story...not good for TFIF)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

There used to be one fancy store by the end of our street ran by this guy. That guy was handsome and was trying to act in movies. He used to jollu over us (Myself, my sisters, my cousins). We were all so confused and wanted to find out who he is really after.

One of my cousin pretended that she is doing a project for her school and took a survey about his family and all details.

Then we all started to shop alone in that shop to sort things out! LOL we were all vetti. He used to play songs to pass his attention. Whenever I visit he was playing ..."Mayanginaen solla thayinginaen unnai virumbinaen". For my sister a different song. For almost everyone else he was playing that same song. We boycotted that shop. Not only that...before we did we all passed on "the same" message to him...."Neenga Yenna Thaan Try Panalum Ungalukku Cinemala Nadikka Chance Kidaikathu!"

Later it was like months we stopped talking about his reactions.

Gee...I am really vetti today.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Had a guy in our class. His then-gf-now-wife used to say he looks like salman khan. When actually he is some kinda variant of Raju Srivastava. He himself took the compliment good humoredly. His nick among us is still salman khan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Nila wrote:She was already with the assumption that we were all jealous of her. They did got married and they have 2 kids. She did her engineering in one of the top schools but took her father's job in postal services.

I always visit the beauty salon we all used to go; that's the common among us: and get info about my friends thru the salon owner. She is our main contact. Haven't seen her in decades. (But my maama payyan was their neighbour so my cousin and me used to visit them all the time...that was another story)

I thought he was hitting on me...my cousin thought it was her. Finally he was hitting on the volcono's sister. Apparently our caste ppl rejected it...the broken hearted one killed himself. (again a long long story...not good for TFIF)

ha ha..i am now thinking maybe he wasn't all that girly after all. even if he was, at least he was adored by his gf. don't you have her and ur other friends on FB? are you guys still living the same area? whats with the common salon thing? i didnt understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Nila wrote:There used to be one fancy store by the end of our street ran by this guy. That guy was handsome and was trying to act in movies. He used to jollu over us (Myself, my sisters, my cousins). We were all so confused and wanted to find out who he is really after.

One of my cousin pretended that she is doing a project for her school and took a survey about his family and all details.

Then we all started to shop alone in that shop to sort things out! LOL we were all vetti. He used to play songs to pass his attention. Whenever I visit he was playing ..."Mayanginaen solla thayinginaen unnai virumbinaen". For my sister a different song. For almost everyone else he was playing that same song. We boycotted that shop. Not only that...before we did we all passed on "the same" message to him...."Neenga Yenna Thaan Try Panalum Ungalukku Cinemala Nadikka Chance Kidaikathu!"

Care to translate the songs?

fun fact#420, never marry a shopkeepr, they grow out of shape soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm

seven wrote:
Nila wrote:She was already with the assumption that we were all jealous of her. They did got married and they have 2 kids. She did her engineering in one of the top schools but took her father's job in postal services.

ha ha..i am now thinking maybe he wasn't all that girly after all. even if he was, at least he was adored by his gf. don't you have her and ur other friends on FB? are you guys still living the same area? whats with the common salon thing? i didnt understand.

I don't have her on FB. Since my aunt's son commited suicide coz of her sister and after him many tangled situations arised and even today it remains untangled. So, we avoid seeing each other.

The salon was the first one in our town and we all used to go there for hair cuts and eyebrows. We all started to trim our eyebrows in high school. Even today the shop hasn't changed...we all go there whenever we visit.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:43 pm

seven wrote:
Nila wrote:There used to be one fancy store by the end of our street ran by this guy. That guy was handsome and was trying to act in movies. He used to jollu over us (Myself, my sisters, my cousins). We were all so confused and wanted to find out who he is really after.

Care to translate the songs?

fun fact#420, never marry a shopkeepr, they grow out of shape soon.

Song translation: "I am mesmerized, feel uneasy to tell you that I like you"

I tried to translate Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Had a guy in our class. His then-gf-now-wife used to say he looks like salman khan. When actually he is some kinda variant of Raju Srivastava. He himself took the compliment good humoredly. His nick among us is still salman khan.

Yeah. I don't like to be compared with actors or anyone else. Everyone is unique. The H used to tell me that I look like actor Laila - I am no way like her.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

Yeah, my parents never used to allow us to laugh much or laugh loudly for the same reason. They used to scold us if we did. My teachers did the same at school. 'Your laugh shouldn't come out of your mouth', they'd say. A smile is the maximum we were allowed. My mom used to scold me if i walked straight. 'Bend', she'd instruct. I'm sure most of my upper back problems are because of improper posture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

I don't have her on FB. Since my aunt's son commited suicide coz of her sister and after him many tangled situations arised and even today it remains untangled. So, we avoid seeing each other.

The salon was the first one in our town and we all used to go there for hair cuts and eyebrows. We all started to trim our eyebrows in high school. Even today the shop hasn't changed...we all go there whenever we visit.

understood. and thanks for the translation. i was hoping to compare what different songs meant for different girls.

Last edited by seven on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 pm

nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

Yeah, my parents never used to allow us to laugh much or laugh loudly for the same reason. They used to scold us if we did. My teachers did the same at school. 'Your laugh shouldn't come out of your mouth', they'd say. A smile is the maximum we were allowed. My mom used to scold me if i walked straight. 'Bend', she'd instruct. I'm sure most of my upper back problems are because of improper posture.

really??? why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:03 pm

I used to be very particular abt it too. In fact, i used to make a huge fuss if someone drank from my tumbler, eat in my plate, used my soap or towel. All that changed after marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:04 pm

seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

really??? why?

She didn't want my breasts to perk up and be prominent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Nila wrote:My friend and I used to watch clouds and pretend to see amoeba like creatures in the air.

One of my friend's sister used to dress up like Ragavendra Swami and pretend that she is giving boons to her devotees. We used to be her devotees but she was super mean to her sister and later formed an association with her sister. Her sis is one of my mega million friend - she has helped me in my tough situations - very inspiring. She is also my cousin....we didn't knew the complicated relationship tree for a long long time. I always see her as my friend.

hahaha.. I went one step further....I used to tell my friends that I could see "Atoms and molecules" and that they were colorless viewable only by some people. And most of my friends would believe.

I tell ya.... my skills were clearly identifiable even at such a young age...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm

content deleted.

Last edited by seven on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplication)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Nila wrote:My friend and I used to watch clouds and pretend to see amoeba like creatures in the air.

hahaha.. I went one step further....I used to tell my friends that I could see "Atoms and molecules" and that they were colorless viewable only by some people. And most of my friends would believe.

I tell ya.... my skills were clearly identifiable even at such a young age...Razz

LOL upps thats funny Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:15 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:
seven wrote:

really??? why?

She didn't want my breasts to perk up and be prominent.

oh goddd! unbelievable.

i now understand why indian women have poor posture (a lot of us).

fun fact#3 my mom used to make my sister and i stand by the wall with our hands folded (like we fold them to pray) behind our backs! so we stand straight.
we were both taller in our class and taller than most guys till like 9th 10th standard and tied to bend a little to smhow fit it or sth. but soon we learned its a bad habit and stopped slouching.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I believed that the child artists in movies were heroes/heroines themselves when they were little. I thought they'd wait until they grew older to shoot the rest of the movie with the grown up heroes and heroines.

Every time I sneeze, I say 'Krishna', a habit taught by my neighboring aunty and it stuck with me for decades and continues to do so.

I don't wear any jewelry most of the time (not even mangalsutra or wedding ring), except for a pair of silver toe rings. I wear something only if going out to parties or sometimes to the temple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:45 pm

nenu wrote:I believed that the child artists in movies were heroes/heroines themselves when they were little. I thought they'd wait until they grew older to shoot the rest of the movie with the grown up heroes and heroines.

Every time I sneeze, I say 'Krishna', a habit taught by my neighboring aunty and it stuck with me for decades and continues to do so.

I don't wear any jewelry most of the time (not even mangalsutra or wedding ring), except for a pair of silver toe rings. I wear something only if going out to parties or sometimes to the temple.

Fun fact#108, everytime we sneeze, our heart misses a beat. And therefore we thank god for keeping us alive. elders say chiranjivi (not the superstar chiranjivi but it means live long).

funfact#007, we cannot sneeze with our eyes open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 pm

nenu wrote:I believed that the child artists in movies were heroes/heroines themselves when they were little. I thought they'd wait until they grew older to shoot the rest of the movie with the grown up heroes and heroines.

Good for you... You never know with these Desi polygamist Gods...You dont ever want them to think you are single.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Good for you... You never know with these Desi polygamist Gods...You dont ever want them to think you are single.

lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I usually wear the fake jewelry that go with the dress/saree i am wearing, not necessarily what you are imagining.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 pm

you are so naive. you think letting them know you are married makes a difference. it is cute.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down