Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Controversial Thread

+2
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

A Controversial Thread Empty A Controversial Thread

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 pm

....If one were to observe keenly the exchanges, one can "guess" what a handle thinks of others. Of course, most I think are exhibiting their behavior subconsciously.

There is an Elite Group that thinks they are inherently superior belongs to the First Class of SuCH

There is another group that thinks they are just regulars and dont belong in the high-funda discussions This is the Cattle class.

Then there is this 3rd group that tends to wobble between Cattle class and business class whenever they get a free upgrade.

Have you noticed the people in First class or other passenegers when you board the plane. They would try to avoid eye-contact.

Now start your name calling and group SuCHers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

A Controversial Thread Empty Re: A Controversial Thread

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:.

There is an Elite Group that thinks they are inherently superior belongs to the First Class of SuCH

I thought that's pretty much everyone considering how they look down on fellow desis; They feel they've assimilated better while others are living in a cocoon.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

I thought that's pretty much everyone considering how they look down on fellow desis; They feel they've assimilated better while others are living in a cocoon.
considering all of us have that problem, it will become cultural attribute of such poster.
now you can resume commenting on superior people.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:23 pm

"There is an Elite Group that thinks they are inherently superior belongs to the First Class of SuCH"

Yes, extremely brilliant SuCH scholars. They like breezy balls and don't wear chaddis.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:50 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

considering all of us have that problem, it will become cultural attribute of such poster.
now you can resume commenting on superior people.

I meant fellow NRI SuChers (patriots or not Smile)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:"There is an Elite Group that thinks they are inherently superior belongs to the First Class of SuCH"

Yes, extremely brilliant SuCH scholars. They like breezy balls and don't wear chaddis.
once you have a merlot or two, breezy balls kind of give you a funny feeling.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

i know everything but i will not name names.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:They feel they've assimilated better while others are living in a cocoon.
I believe I live in a cocoon and have not assimilated at all. I am not saying this facetiously. I live in perhaps the most liberal town in this conservative and religious country. At least, it is the most liberal town in the very liberal Bay Area. When I interact with the sort of people Mainstreet wrote about, it is for a couple of days at a time, and then back home to my cocoon. It will soon be ten years since I moved here, but I still follow cricket more than baseball and football still means football to me. I don't understand what a Hail Mary pass is, and I have no interest in doing so. The only time I follow American sports is when a local team does well, which has been more more than average lately, thanks to the Niners and the Giants. I follow Indian politics with as much interest as I do the politics here. I believe that thanks to the ICT revolution of the last few decades, it is no longer necessary for immigrants to this country to assimilate -- at least unless they plan to raise their kids here. If there is no swargam better than the janmabhumi, I am Trishanku in his own little swargam.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i know everything but i will not name names.

Dont you have a 'seret" handle for such posts?...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down