Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman

3 posters

Go down

Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman Empty Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman

Post by Rishi Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Ludhiana: In a shocking incident of public apathy, a woman was
publicly beaten up with iron rods by four men in Ludhiana as people
stood as mere spectators. The incident happened in broad daylight yet
nobody stepped in to help the woman.

What's even more shocking is that a video clip was shot by one of
the four men. The woman had allegedly asked one of the accused Manoj to
return her Rs 20,000 which she had lent him.

This irked Manoj who then started beating her. This is not the
first time such an incident has come to light from Punjab. A few months
back, some policemen in Tarn Taran had beaten up a girl and her father
when she approached the police to register a complaint.

Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman Ludhiana_woman_beaten

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman Empty Re: Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 am

Rishi wrote:Ludhiana:

This irked Manoj who then started beating her.

You JUST don't lend any money to anyone in India. Period.

The usual refrain is "you have so much, what is wrong in giving some money? What are you going to do with this money?"

most people say this to even people who are worse off than them. Just bcz the poor guy gave money de facto makes him a richer person in the eyes of the borrower.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman Empty Re: Dangerous to lend money if you are a woman

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:40 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:You JUST don't lend any money to anyone in India. Period.

Never say never. Small loans are a common and proven retention tactic with domestic help.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:You JUST don't lend any money to anyone in India. Period.

Never say never. Small loans are a common and proven retention tactic with domestic help.

Hahahah.... you are right. But, the "master" knows that the Loan will never be repaid, and it is just a dignified term. I think they should implement a new "Pay as you go" method for domestic help.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: But, the "master" knows that the Loan will never be repaid, and it is just a dignified term.

Not true. These interest-free "loans" are simply treated as salary advances and adjusted accordingly.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

The usual refrain is "you have so much, what is wrong in giving some money? What are you going to do with this money?"

most people say this to even people who are worse off than them. Just bcz the poor guy gave money de facto makes him a richer person in the eyes of the borrower.

Have you ever had a situation in India where the tenant has not paid the rent for six months and will not move out? How did you solve the problem?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 am

Rishi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Have you ever had a situation in India where the tenant has not paid the rent for six months and will not move out? How did you solve the problem?

I came across one such incident a few years ago. I was told that the tenent as long as he is paying his rent regularly, it will be difficult to evict - that too after staying for 10+ years. If he FAILED to pay the rent for a couple of months and you can prove it, you may have a chance to get him out. Talk to a YOUNG lawyer - who are more knowledgeable about renting laws these days.

When I rented my house, I signed a document (for what it is worth) leasing the house - except one room for my personal use (on paper). I left my godrej bureau with stuff in that room to indicate I ALSo lived in that house.

he could have given me trouble, but the way I acted and he not being a bad tenant worked out fine. Renting out in India (that too NRIs) is always a risky stuff.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down