Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths?

+10
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
truthbetold
Nila
Sandee2020
Petrichor
Rishi
Idéfix
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths? - Page 2 Empty Re: why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths?

Post by truthbetold Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 am

Ide,
This is a discussion forum and not a court. Peoplestart think about issues with available information. Humans are capable of using present facts, and past knowledge to make decisions as they go. Just like walking in the woods on a dark night. You keep moving with available information from your senses.
People whoare entrusted with the job of finding a motive, ie fbi, lawyers, judges, reporters etc are following required analytical procedures.as facts come out, people will reasses and make new decisions.
You cannot stop public discourse on possible causes.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths? - Page 2 Empty Re: why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths?

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 am

>> The thriving metropolis of Boston

I stopped reading right after that line as I cant this column seriously. Unfortunately that happened to be the first line of this article.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:02 am

What I see all around is..America's "head" is tired..exhausted..from being bombarded with bad news- about some form of mass violence..

I was traveling most of last week in some big cities..so it's not just in small towns..people going about disinterested and not discussing too much - shaking their heads..perhaps not being able to remember names of places, people..all seems like a blur (form of violence, motives, what kind of charges will be filed etc) to the average person anywhere..who is trying to keep up with their own lives.

Sad to say..while I try to keep my energy, enthu, motivation levels ups and keep up "with all the happenings"..feel rather desensitized..don't feel like even watching news.. reading or commenting for some time..just bad news overload- fatigue- resignation. Apathy is not a good thing, I know.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:36 am

Did those big cities have sidewalks and the UN?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am

Hellsangel wrote:Did those big cities have sidewalks and the UN?

hahaha! Are suggesting that Maria is the husband (If you'll pardon the pun)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:You seem to think you know. Why don't you tell us and why.

Please continue to act naive.

tut..tut..wussy wussy affraid

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

I thought the husband was an MD.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:44 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:You seem to think you know. Why don't you tell us and why.

Please continue to act naive.

tut..tut..wussy wussy affraid

Ah! Frog-faced wussy Stalkeshwaran Incomprehensiblan Iyer back in business.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

just another museum, among the many in the big apple Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:59 am

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Isn't Maria a doctor living in a small town down south and goes on a tour, visiting (interviewing) big cities within a week or two of mainstreet's whinefest on SuCh, it seems too much of a coincidence.

P.S: I will keep quiet now, Max might get upset for derailing a thread discussing serious stuff.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 am

UN? Sidewalks?

Have no idea..what's going on.

Kindly don't drag me and involve me..in whatever is going on, it's not pleasant.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Isn't Maria a doctor living in a small town down south and goes on a tour, visiting (interviewing) big cities within a week or two of mainstreet's whinefest on SuCh, it seems too much of a coincidence.

P.S: I will keep quiet now, Max might get upset for derailing a thread discussing serious stuff.

LoL, why does america lose its head over terror, but ignore its daily gun deaths? - Page 2 3077217049

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:This is another discussion that will go nowhere. The liberal apologists will want to turn a blind eye to the 600 lbs gorilla also known as Islamic terrorism. Wild horses won't drag them away from that position.
I think it is you who has reached a position that you don't even want to articulate, and are unwilling to be dragged away from it. Labels are cheap, but won't get you very far in understanding what is going on.

https://such.forumotion.com/t12582-why-does-america-lose-its-head-over-terror-but-ignore-its-daily-gun-deaths#97303

I have very clearly stated that the attacks were a result of Global Islamic Terrorism. If you want to continue to act naive about it, you are welcome.

HTH:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/marathon-attack-suspect-communicating-by-writing-sources-say-with-faith-seen-as/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

I have very clearly stated that the attacks were a result of Global Islamic Terrorism. If you want to continue to act naive about it, you are welcome.

HTH:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/marathon-attack-suspect-communicating-by-writing-sources-say-with-faith-seen-as/

You're a big supporter of 2A, so what do you think of this?

Do you think for one minute that a young man named, say, Abdullah or Hussein — or Tsarnaev — would be able to go to a gun show and buy a semiautomatic AR-15 knockoff with a 30-round clip, no questions asked?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 pm

[quote="Hellsangel"]
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:This is another discussion that will go nowhere. The liberal apologists will want to turn a blind eye to the 600 lbs gorilla also known as Islamic terrorism. Wild horses won't drag them away from that position.
I think it is you who has reached a position that you don't even want to articulate, and are unwilling to be dragged away from it. Labels are cheap, but won't get you very far in understanding what is going on.

https://such.forumotion.com/t12582-why-does-america-lose-its-head-over-terror-but-ignore-its-daily-gun-deaths#97303

Labels are cheap..;so puerile and pathetic, too.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2