Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think this will work/practical?

5 posters

Go down

Do you think this will work/practical?  Empty Do you think this will work/practical?

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Engineering students design lingerie to protect women from sexual attacks.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/engineering-students-design-lingerie-to-protect-women-from-sexual-attacks-363211?pfrom=home-topstories

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Do you think this will work/practical?  Empty Re: Do you think this will work/practical?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon May 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I give credit to the design team comprising young students to think about this solution to a very serious problem affecting girls / women.

However there are several areas of concern with this design. Such as the following,

(1) If the electronic / electrical lingerie is to be worn on the inside, underneath external clothes, how will it give an electrical shock to the perpetrator touching / feeling the woman from the outside? Moreover what if he is wearing gloves? The insulation of female's clothes (including gloves on hands) may not allow the attacker to feel any electrical shock.

(2) What about the long term effect of electrical current / voltage on the woman herself, especially when the insulation of lingerie shielding breaks down or weakens over time? The wearer could have a continuous tingling in her sensitive private parts while wearing this electrical lingerie and there is even the possibility of cancer from long term electromagnetic field as a result of current flow in the lingerie.

(3) What about the lingerie's circuitry becoming too cumbersome and large in an effort to cover all the sensitive parts of woman (from breasts to buttocks), considering especially that it is not going to be one size fits all thing?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Do you think this will work/practical?  Empty Re: Do you think this will work/practical?

Post by indophile Mon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm

I thought the touch-me-not device can be turned on only when needed (it's not always armed). Whatever be the other concerns, I like the poetic justice (i.e., instantaneous poetic justice) that can be delivered to the attacker.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 06, 2013 9:33 pm

what next? chastity belts?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue May 07, 2013 3:48 am

resident security officer will lose his job if this works.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 5:00 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:resident security officer will lose his job if this works.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down