Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out

5 posters

Go down

Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out Empty Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/07/technology/personaltech/google-glass-picks-up-early-signal-keep-out.html?hp&_r=0

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out Empty Re: Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 07, 2013 10:34 am

why does GOOGLE want to make this mistake? imagine how this could easily morph into stalker glasses.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out Empty Re: Google Glass Picks Up Early Signal: Keep Out

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 am

"As personal technology becomes increasingly nimble and invisible, Glass is prompting questions of whether it will distract drivers, upend relationships and strip people of what little privacy they still have in public." (from the above article)

>>> Well said.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Tue May 07, 2013 6:28 pm

People will complain & get used to the technology. Google is heavily betting on that.

I tried Google glasses. From what I see user experience is pretty bad. I am sure it will improve before. My biggest beef is google doesnt want indie devs. So they can go fuck themselves.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Appalamma wrote:People will complain & get used to the technology. Google is heavily betting on that.

I tried Google glasses. From what I see user experience is pretty bad. I am sure it will improve before. My biggest beef is google doesnt want indie devs. So they can go fuck themselves, glassholes.

**fixed**

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

I hope Glass becomes mainstream. Computing and the internet are both becoming more ubiquitous, and I see it as the next logical step in that inevitable march. The backlash we are seeing is understandable; after all, I waited until 2004 to get a cellphone, rebuffing my boss's offers to buy me one several times because I saw that as an intrusion into my privacy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down