Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms

Go down

I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms Empty I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms

Post by Rishi Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

But that wasn’t Ramsey’s most on-the-money insightful moment. Nope, it came later in his ABC interview, when the reporter asked him to describe the girls’ reactions to the scene. “Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man’s arms,” he said. “Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway. Dead giveaway. Deeeeeeeeeeaaaaaad giveaway. Either she’s homeless, or she’s got problems. That’s the only reason she’d run to a black man.”

It was a flat-out brilliant observation, one that seemed to have occurred to him on the spot but likely was a lifetime in the making. It had echoes of Chris Rock’s famous comment that “I was born a suspect. I can walk down any street in America and women will clutch their purses tighter, hold onto their mace, lock their car doors.” And while it carries the hard sting of truth that the mainstream media will fall all over itself when “a pretty little white girl” disappears, it was said with a wry lack of bitterness. It was instead hilarious and sad and painfully accurate, a sharp reality check in a tabloid perfect true crime tale. Somebody, please give that man a Gatorade.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/07/charles_ramsey_hero_and_viral_superstar/

Rishi

Back to top Go down