Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN

+5
b_A
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Rishi
9 posters

Go down

He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN Empty He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN

Post by Rishi Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i-proved-my-college-principal-wrong-lakshmi-mittal/275816?pfrom=home-topstories

Rishi

Back to top Go down

He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN Empty Re: He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun May 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Rishi wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i-proved-my-college-principal-wrong-lakshmi-mittal/275816?pfrom=home-topstories
as i've always believed that literacy in the regional/local language is the most important for india.

i heard mittal in that tv interview. his english, even now, is horrible. in it, he was referring to a "sanjeev college"; after he had said that a few times, i decoded that to mean "st. xavier's college." he also said that he promised the principal that he'd be a "goodistudent." regardless, basic education in the local language is best for india's overall economic and social development.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN Empty Re: He makes a good case for only Tamil medium schools in TN

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Rishi wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i-proved-my-college-principal-wrong-lakshmi-mittal/275816?pfrom=home-topstories
as i've always believed that literacy in the regional/local language is the most important for india.

i heard mittal in that tv interview. his english, even now, is horrible. in it, he was referring to a "sanjeev college"; after he had said that a few times, i decoded that to mean "st. xavier's college." he also said that he promised the principal that he'd be a "goodistudent." regardless, basic education in the local language is best for india's overall economic and social development.
i got bad news for you forest officer. it seems errorism is growing in abundance. let's see some forthright action from you for you seem to be slacking:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/article3768516.ece

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 19, 2013 2:01 pm

Exactly my dad's view and he would teach students in Tamil but insist they use only english so as to get speech practice.

But he is very very goodly in Steeling and counting money. Oh..He also lives in a home worth 150 mil sterling.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun May 19, 2013 2:12 pm

correction: "as i've always believed that..."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 19, 2013 10:26 pm

What are you trying to say here?! that he should have concentrated more on improving his English speaking skills than building a Steel Empire in which case he probably would've ended up spending his time posting on Sulekha.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

What are you trying to say here?! that he should have concentrated more on improving his English speaking skills than building a Steel Empire in which case he probably would've ended up spending his time posting on Sulekha.

That is exactly my point.

Most of my college mates in India came from villages. They studied in Tamil medium when they went to high school. Most of them could not even compose a letter in English. But that hardly mattered. There were brilliant among them who understood science better than I did.

I think if they had gone to English medium schools, they would have been distracted trying to be good in English rather than have a good understanding of subjects which really mattered like Science and Math.

Even in college, the teachers should be allowed to lecture subjects like Math, Physics, Biology etc in the local language. I have seen many of them struggle to explain stuff in English. College teachers in India lecturing in English not only seems artificial but also comes in the way of communicating the concepts to their students.

Why is that when a Russian or Greek speaks English horribly, we are more forgiving. But when Mittal falters, we ridicule him?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Rishi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

That is exactly my point.

Most of my college mates in India came from villages. They studied in Tamil medium when they went to high school. Most of them could not even compose a letter in English. But that hardly mattered. There were brilliant among them who understood science better than I did.

I think if they had gone to English medium schools, they would have been distracted trying to be good in English rather than have a good understanding of subjects which really mattered like Science and Math.

Even in college, the teachers should be allowed to lecture subjects like Math, Physics, Biology etc in the local language. I have seen many of them struggle to explain stuff in English. College teachers in India lecturing in English not only seems artificial but also comes in the way of communicating the concepts to their students.

Why is that when a Russian or Greek speaks English horribly, we are more forgiving. But when Mittal falters, we ridicule him?

We as in JM saarvadu.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Here is an old man with no accomplishments in life and leading a lonely life because his family abandoned him and whose only comfort in life is cleaning up after random people's mistakes.
If such a person feels happy that his English is better than that of a billionaire's , (that the billionaire doesn't know of this old man's existence is a different matter) , and that is his source of comfort in his life , how can you take even that away from him ? Please , please. Don't be that cruel.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 am

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Here is an old man with no accomplishments in life and leading a lonely life because his family abandoned him and whose only comfort in life is cleaning up after random people's mistakes.
If such a person feels happy that his English is better than that of a billionaire's , (that the billionaire doesn't know of this old man's existence is a different matter) , and that is his source of comfort in his life , how can you take even that away from him ? Please , please. Don't be that cruel.
could you please tell me why:

1. mittal refers to st. xavier's college as sanjeev college?

2. his first name is a female name?

i ask you because you're probably northindian, and i'd love to learn more about northindians.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue May 21, 2013 6:32 pm

b_A wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

could you please tell me why:

Because he was/is busy running his business unlike an out of work consultant spending hours in the library perfecting his language skills.

Didn't your companion who is a self-employed/unemployed failed Ph D student, teach you any of his famous "the internets" skills ? Or is it difficult nowadays to get access to internet at the public library because of competition from too many fellow forced-to-retire-and-now-living-on-welfare-english experts ? Ayyo paavam. You could've looked up the wikipedia entry only if you had good internet connection at home.
i ask you because you're probably northindian
Great demonstration of observation skills. This should go right next to the flimflamman "hall of fame" observations like the one about TCH dosa menu.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm

correction: "as i've always believed that..."

Attention Captain Bhankas. The errorists have won. Your chief officer himself went to the dark side.
Time to send him to his retirement and abandon your war on errors.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

b_A, you hurt achachan's feelings. He does not like to be reminded that he is old or that he is an l-o-s-e-r.

And his memory is not doing that well nowadays. He has forgotten southindian names like Lakshmipati and Lakshminarayanan
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed May 22, 2013 9:03 am

Grandpa, Success in life and English don't go together and Lakshmi Mittal has proved it. You can continue to whine on this forum all your life but you aren't worth anything compared to Mittal.

I work with successful Russians, Germans, Israelis and Indians who don't give a shit for English, when discussing company strategies, office expansions or investments in US. And no one cares. If you can get out of your room sometimes, visit companies and meet with people with knowledge and resources, you'd realize your queen's english is becoming a non-discussion in corporate america and you so meaningless outside this forum.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 am

southindian wrote:

Grandpa, Success in life and English don't go together and Lakshmi Mittal has proved it. You can continue to whine on this forum all your life but you aren't worth anything compared to Mittal.

I work with successful Russians, Germans, Israelis and Indians who don't give a shit for English, when discussing company strategies, office expansions or investments in US. And no one cares. If you can get out of your room sometimes, visit companies and meet with people with knowledge and resources, you'd realize your queen's english is becoming a non-discussion in corporate america and you so meaningless outside this forum.
southththie, the ability to communicate clearly is indeed an important component of success in business. nearly all of mittals's businesses are in english- or french-speaking areas of the world, not bengali- or hindi-speaking parts of india. business around the world is conducted predominantly in english. mittal's english is a handicap to him and his company. he doesn't know any french either.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 23, 2013 11:05 am

southindian wrote:

southththie, the ability to communicate clearly is indeed an important component of success in business. nearly all of mittals's businesses are in english- or french-speaking areas of the world, not bengali- or hindi-speaking parts of india. business around the world is conducted predominantly in english. mittal's english is a handicap to him and his company. he doesn't know any french either.

Really? LOL. Have you checked his assets in the last 20 years.

Grandpa, you don't know what you are writing. Mostly rubbish.

And BTW, unlike you, Mittal has access to and can speak to Queen of England whenever he wants.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

southindian wrote:
southindian wrote:

unlike you, Mittal has access to and can speak to Queen of England whenever he wants.
i don't think so. and he'll need a translator - or is it a decoder? - if and when he speaks to the queen of england.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

southindian wrote:
southindian wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:as i've always believed that literacy in the regional/local language is the most important for india.

unlike you, Mittal has access to and can speak to Queen of England whenever he wants.
i don't think so. and he'll need a translator - or is it a decoder? - if and when he speaks to the queen of england.

Sorry Grandpa, you are loosing it and your blabber doesn't make much sense either.

Lakshmi Mittal lives in London, England, has net worth of 16.5 Billion, meets with British parliamentarians all the time and has shared meetings with queen of england.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshmi_Mittal

You can't see all this since you are blinded by your rage against successful Indians.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 pm

southindian wrote:

he is meaningless within this forum as well, but we humor him coz it's fun to kick him once in a while and laugh while he barks

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 3:19 pm

southindian wrote:unlike you, Mittal has access to and can speak to Queen of England whenever he wants.

southindian wrote:Sorry Grandpa, you are loosing it and your blabber doesn't make much sense either.
i'm not surprised that it doesn't make much sense to you, southththie, for we don't speak the same language. i did get my trousers loosened a little recently; my waist is now 31".

southththie wrote:Lakshmi Mittal lives in London, England, has net worth of 16.5 Billion,...
and his english is not comprehensible.

southththie wrote:...meets with British parliamentarians all the time and has shared meetings with queen of england.
it's not of much interest to me that mittal meets british m.p.s and the queen of england. i wonder if you're confusing the queens park rangers football team which mittal owns with the queen of england, a woman with a high-pitched voice who wears dowdy clothes.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i did get my trousers loosened a little recently; my waist is now 31".

Achachan, all that hot air has to fill up something in your otherwise starved-on-welfare-diet frame.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:could you please tell me why:

i ask you because you're probably northindian, and i'd love to learn more about northindians.

philip

could you tell me why:

1. her first name is a male name?
2. she eats water?

i ask you because you're probable from madras christian college, and i'd love to learn more about its alumni.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:

philip

could you tell me why:

2. she eats water?

i ask you because you're probable from madras christian college, and i'd love to learn more about its alumni.

Good find. Now watch Philip do his best impersonation of a groundhog.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat May 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:

philip

could you tell me why:

2. she eats water?

Indra (also Indira) is a female name in TN.

Indiran is a male name in TN.

Indra Nooyi is a Tamilian.

Her first name is a female name.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down