Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knitting

3 posters

Go down

Knitting Empty Knitting

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:06 am

Thinking of knitting a blanket. My three buas were expert knitters. My mom knitted ONE sweater for dad once but the pattern she used was so unique and beautiful that none of my buas could easily copy it.

Am hoping, SOME genes may have passed over to me, no?

Back to top Go down

Knitting Empty Re: Knitting

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

crochet or plain knitting? i know nothing about knitting btw. my mom was an expert though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

yeah all the skills that someone in your ancestors learned by the dint of hard work will be automatically passed on to you like gold ornaments or other heirlooms. that's how it works.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:yeah all the skills that someone in your ancestors learned by the dint of hard work will be automatically passed on to you like gold ornaments or other heirlooms. that's how it works.

LOL, Arre. I am hoping I will be able to gear any inherited talent towards that and work hard or something. Must be a good timepass too. Although I heard it can kill your back and shoulders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:18 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:crochet or plain knitting? i know nothing about knitting btw. my mom was an expert though.

Could never wrap my hand around crochet as a kid. Barely managed crochet project in school. Or maybe handed over some senior's work maybe. That's what I would do for most of my assignments. Take up the work of friend's older sis and maybe make it a little bad so that no one suspects.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:crochet or plain knitting? i know nothing about knitting btw. my mom was an expert though.

Could never wrap my hand around crochet as a kid. Barely managed crochet project in school. Or maybe handed over some senior's work maybe. That's what I would do for most of my assignments. Take up the work of friend's older sis and maybe make it a little bad so that no one suspects.
ya, i always viewed crochet with a sense of amazement when my mom and aunts did it. they were so fast when it's actually complicated stuff. start knitting with two pins. you can knit a cool sweater for your younger. no guarantees if he will wear it. or maybe scarves?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I guess so. I never learnt sewing but I am so well versed with it - my mom used to stitch most of our dresses...pattu pavadai, gowns, skirts; lately I altered my DD's dress and it came out so perfect. You never know unless you try...

Let me know, so that I can give a shot also.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:yeah all the skills that someone in your ancestors learned by the dint of hard work will be automatically passed on to you like gold ornaments or other heirlooms. that's how it works.

I agree.... how else you could have ended up as a "hunky" performer - as you claim.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I agree.... how else you could have ended up as a "hunky" performer - as you claim.

that was mostly hard work. you try lugging around 12 lbs of dumbells tied to your pvts for 14 months

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

that was mostly hard work. you try lugging around 12 lbs of dumbells tied to your pvts for 14 months

Alternatively 14lbs for 12 months. Either method should work.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum