Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-Day Juice fast

+8
Propagandhi711
ashaNirasha
Impedimenta
pravalika nanda
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
confuzzled dude
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3-Day Juice fast Empty 3-Day Juice fast

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Made it through without any hiccups. Just finished the last juice, they say 5-day day fast/cleanse would be ideal nonetheless not a bad deal.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

3-Day Juice fast Empty Re: 3-Day Juice fast

Post by nevada Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 pm

What kind of juices did you have?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 pm

nevada wrote:What kind of juices did you have?

Suja juice, mostly lemon, cayenne,maple syrup mix, then some carrot/orange juice.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Made it through without any hiccups. Just finished the last juice, they say 5-day day fast/cleanse would be ideal nonetheless not a bad deal.

Will it help reduce my weight by 100 pounds ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 pm

how many people here believe in all these diets, etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Made it through without any hiccups. Just finished the last juice, they say 5-day day fast/cleanse would be ideal nonetheless not a bad deal.

Will it help reduce my weight by 100 pounds ?

Sure but only if you fast for 10 weeks.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 10:20 pm

I want to start the two days a week upavasam thing soon. Juice fast is too much and is not something i can stick to. Three of my friends regularly do the 2x/wk upavasam (fasting) and it's very feasible. They eat only fruits/veggies and take lots of fluids until evening and eat something light (eg: sabudana kitchdi) for dinner. Seems healthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon May 20, 2013 10:20 pm

No need to follow any diets. Be aware of how body works and how/when food/liquid(water) is to be taken.

http://anatomictherapy.org/

Doctors and pharmacists hate this guy bcz he is troubling their livelihood.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:how many people here believe in all these diets, etc?

Well, this supposedly will reset your metabolism.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm

FluteHolder wrote:No need to follow any diets. Be aware of how body works and how/when food/liquid(water) is to be taken.

Healer Johnny Kannan ? kOvai Pudur? Coimbatore?

Hahahahahah...same place where my spiritual leader Sri Sri Dr. Commander Selvam comes from.

Then I know Eeewwwwverything... 3-Day Juice fast 3077217049

Yenunga...Kekkarathukku aaaLu irundha...Kadhai solradhukku nEraiya perunga irrupaanga...seridhanungala ?

Coimbatore is famous for Fakesters...very enterpreneurial...Only in recent years Chettipalayam has been superceded by Vellore/Thiruvannamalai area in Swami production.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue May 21, 2013 4:01 am

** nice, very inspiring. but maple syrup juice etc sounds bad, it probably contuse high fructose corn syrup. anyhow, this makes me want to do a 3-day smoothie thing. smoothies are very filling and nutritious. no cayenne and maple syrup and all that weird stuff. I'll let you know how it goes. have a nice day!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

** nice, very inspiring. but maple syrup juice etc sounds bad, it probably contuse high fructose corn syrup. anyhow, this makes me want to do a 3-day smoothie thing. smoothies are very filling and nutritious. no cayenne and maple syrup and all that weird stuff. I'll let you know how it goes. have a nice day!
spelling: contains

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

That (Lemon/Cayenne) is Master Cleanse diet formula. I do make my own vegetable juice on a daily basis but too much of a hassle to prepare in bulk that lasts for 3 full days so I resorted to pre-made ones yet organic.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 am

FluteHolder wrote:No need to follow any diets. Be aware of how body works and how/when food/liquid(water) is to be taken.

Healer Johnny Kannan ? kOvai Pudur? Coimbatore?

Hahahahahah...same place where my spiritual leader Sri Sri Dr. Commander Selvam comes from.

Then I know Eeewwwwverything... 3-Day Juice fast 3077217049

Yenunga...Kekkarathukku aaaLu irundha...Kadhai solradhukku nEraiya perunga irrupaanga...seridhanungala ?

Coimbatore is famous for Fakesters...very enterpreneurial...Only in recent years Chettipalayam has been superceded by Vellore/Thiruvannamalai area in Swami production.

Do they pay him with Coimbatore money too Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 9:14 am

CD. How do you feel now after the diet/cleanse?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:CD. How do you feel now after the diet/cleanse?

Pretty good, feel lighter. Wasn't hungry last couple of days but I'm sure hunger will be back soon now that I started my day with fine homemade Idly.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 am

interesting because of the maple syrup mix. I have my own juice recipe and it includes kale. it's a delightful mixture of tasteless veggies. no fruits. Rolling Eyes

so, what do you have your idlis with? gun powder? TN samabar? or the maharashtrian fake sambar? just an innocent question.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

Impedimenta wrote:interesting because of the maple syrup mix. I have my own juice recipe and it includes kale. it's a delightful mixture of tasteless veggies. no fruits. Rolling Eyes

so, what do you have your idlis with? gun powder? TN samabar? or the maharashtrian fake sambar? just an innocent question.

No Maharashtrian fake Samb(h)ar, had with Allam pachhadi (Ginger chuteny). Gun powder used to be one of my favorites but haven't had in ages. Do you know we have our own version of Sambar, known as Pappu Charu. I'm not a big fan of Kale but am fine as long as it is not the only ingredient, I had one yesterday (Kale only) sure enough it did mess up my taste buds for an extended period; what other vegetables are part of your recipe.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 am

I thought only women did all these cleanses!

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 22, 2013 10:06 am

Anybody who talks about cleansing, juicing, toxins, metabolism in the same sentence will have have to do a lot to redeem themselves in my eyes. I can't but help think - what's wrong with a bottle of mag citrate?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 22, 2013 10:15 am

ashaNirasha wrote:I thought only women did all these cleanses!

Did you realize how insulting this statement is to the great sages of Bharath-Khand Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 22, 2013 10:23 am

ashaNirasha wrote:

Anybody who talks about cleansing, juicing, toxins, metabolism in the same sentence will have have to do a lot to redeem themselves in my eyes. I can't but help think - what's wrong with a bottle of mag citrate?

There are multiple paths to reach a destination. F-1, H-1, L-1 etc., to each his own.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 10:28 am

All right. This Sunday. Me. Eat nothing. Drink Wonly water, tea, and orange juice. Will report monday.

In god we trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 22, 2013 10:35 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:All right. This Sunday. Me. Eat nothing. Drink Wonly water, tea, and orange juice. Will report monday.

In god we trust.

You go, girl. May be not orange juice.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:All right. This Sunday. Me. Eat nothing. Drink Wonly water, tea, and orange juice. Will report monday to the nearest bakery for multiple cakes.

In god we trust.

corrected.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

There are multiple paths to reach a destination. F-1, H-1, L-1 etc., to each his own.

ahaha ..good one

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Yeah sure. But why a 36 hour journey over a 6 hour one? And that too while starving yourself. You can get the same result while binging on some Chinese or Old Country Buffet. Or butter chicken in Indian buffets.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Yeah sure. But why a 36 hour journey over a 6 hour one? And that too while starving yourself. You can get the same result while binging on some Chinese or Old Country Buffet. Or butter chicken in Indian buffets.

because it feels good (placebo) to tell one self they've detoxed, with the imagery of all sorts of poisons being sucked out of the body by divine intervention so the protagonist can emerge with a halo around his/her self at the end of the "detox". they dont get the same feeling if they just take a huge dump.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Anything that "works" is bound to have side effects. So, eg. if you have a colonoscopy due, you won't, in your right mind, do a 5-day cleanse before it. You will be handed mg citrate. But you can't keept taking it unprescribed and unwatched. Hence the fear, specially if you are chemical-phobic. Better to take ample amount of things, that may or may not work, but won't hurt. I think that's the difference in approach of these people.

(am just trying to guess different school of thots, and may or may not switch between different approaches. I have personally used neither of the 'cleansings' so far.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:

Anything that "works" is bound to have side effects. So, eg. if you have a colonoscopy due, you won't, in your right mind, do a 5-day cleanse before it. You will be handed mg citrate. But you can't keept taking it unprescribed and unwatched. Hence the fear, specially if you are chemical-phobic. Better to take ample amount of things, that may or may not work, but won't hurt. I think that's the difference in approach of these people.

(am just trying to guess different school of thots, and may or may not switch between different approaches. I have personally used neither of the 'cleansings' so far.)

The problem with your cleansing stuffs is that it disturbs the gut flora and balance. And, what is the purpose of this cleansing stuff - if I might ask? If you dont have any GI problem that you can think of and you are regular in your input/output functions in quantity and quality, then you should not even bother about these. Of course, you can skip eating once a week or even some regular timing for eating foods. I know of someone who does not eat anything after 5 PM. Those make perfect sense and the body will adjust to these "routines"

remember - no body likes shocks and surprises, no body.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 22, 2013 1:41 pm

The problem with your cleansing stuffs is that it disturbs the gut flora and balance. And, what is the purpose of this cleansing stuff - if I might ask? If you dont have any GI problem that you can think of and you are regular in your input/output functions in quantity and quality, then you should not even bother about these. Of course, you can skip eating once a week or even some regular timing for eating foods. I know of someone who does not eat anything after 5 PM. Those make perfect sense and the body will adjust to these "routines"

remember - no body likes shocks and surprises, no body.

Damn! you let me down. I thought you're getting ready for 10 week marathon.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I can't do a smoothie-diet for three days, especially not on weekdays. I had a smoothies in the AM like I do most days and 4h later I was so hungry I found myself in the cafeteria eating a complete meal that was nice and warm and filling. If I hadn't eaten, I wouldn't be able to do any work.
I feel like even if I did a smoothie thing during a full weekend, I'd need like upto 8 servings of smoothies to get through the day. But I like doing this stuff.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Sure.

As long as one is healthy with no major health problems, and it's not something extreme..three days of juicing up seems to be okay..unless, it becomes habitual like that coffee enema thing:)

Since I don't care for "generic gender references"..you go CD!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 1:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:All right. This Sunday. Me. Eat nothing. Drink Wonly water, tea, and orange juice. Will report monday.

In god we trust.

cheated in the morning, had sabudana khichhdi for breakfast. Ate mangoes. For lunch, resisted delicious chicken masala made by the div-ex-bil last night. Also resisted puran poli that I gave to kids. Ya well, picked some potato sabzi while serving son. There was a box of un-eaten strawberries in the fridge. Dumped all of it in an osterizer, along with a banana, and some mango. Used a little milk to make it stir, and just drank one FULL BIG glass of it. approximately 12-13 oz. I don't think i will be hungry for another 2 hours. Will eat cherries then and/or grapes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

In god we trust.

cheated in the morning, had sabudana khichhdi for breakfast. Ate mangoes. For lunch, resisted delicious chicken masala made by the div-ex-bil last night. Also resisted puran poli that I gave to kids. Ya well, picked some potato sabzi while serving son. There was a box of un-eaten strawberries in the fridge. Dumped all of it in an osterizer, along with a banana, and some mango. Used a little milk to make it stir, and just drank one FULL BIG glass of it. approximately 12-13 oz. I don't think i will be hungry for another 2 hours. Will eat cherries then and/or grapes.

The thing that works for me: Tell yourself you can have a full meal, without any restrictions, only AFTER you

I. 1. Drink a big glass of fruit and almond milk shake or 2. have a bowl of fruits or veggies or 3. at least two fruits or 4. a bowl of sprouted moong dal before every meal.
II. Drink green tea instead of water during the meal.

The above two make you more than half full and you end up eating very less of your meal. The best part is you won't feel as if you are depriving yourself of anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

In god we trust.

You're doing fine. Keep it up, goal is to cut down your calorie intake.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Maria S wrote:

As long as one is healthy with no major health problems, and it's not something extreme..three days of juicing up seems to be okay

Good point, this is not for individuals with any medical conditions such as Diabetes.

Maria S wrote:

unless, it becomes habitual like that coffee enema thing:)

Yikes. I may not attempt this (not enema) , at a minimum, for another quarter.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Dinner last night was light italian meal. Following the same model today. Only raw fruits/juice + baby carrots + tea all day. Gonna hog desi dinner and dessert. Then will try to walk. Will try to do this 1-2 days per week.

Side effects: Major loss of water. Either coz of this "diet", or I somehow got uti, lol. Will find out. Gonna weigh myself only after 3-4 days of regular diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 5:56 pm

the problem with all these diets is, when you go on them you also go off them. they will only give u temporary results.
make a lifestyle change and only then you will get permanent results.

eat a lot and work very hard (physical labor). thats the secret to a long healthy life. and this was told to me by a very healthy beautiful 65 y/o

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Are you the tall and fair one, the one on the right in the pic, 7? You look cute and hot and beautiful from whatever i can see in the microscopic pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 6:15 pm

nenu wrote:Are you the tall and fair one, the one on the right in the pic, 7? You look cute and hot and beautiful from whatever i can see in the microscopic pic.

i'm sorry...what? what microscopic pic?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:18 pm

seven wrote:
nenu wrote:Are you the tall and fair one, the one on the right in the pic, 7? You look cute and hot and beautiful from whatever i can see in the microscopic pic.

your profile pic on the right.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:

it's the famous love-hate t-shirt pic.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:24 pm

seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:

sighO!

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:

sighO!

i've been here long enough to know better
lol did u really think i'll post my pic here?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:29 pm

seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:

sighO!

I really did. I thought since the pic is very small, you felt safe to post it.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 6:37 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:

sighO!

and you couldnt tell that both images on the pic are of the same person? as in mirror image...hmmm
so the one on right looked hotter and taller fairer etc?
lol
i wana know what are *you* smoking

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:42 pm

seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:

sighO!

and you couldnt tell that both images on the pic are of the same person? as in mirror image...hmmm
lol

no, from the pic, they don't look the same. the one on the right is taller and fairer and a tad bit plumper than the one on the left. The one on the left looks fine too.

what am i smoking? i wish i were smoking weed.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm

nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:
seven wrote:
nenu wrote:

sighO!

lol

no, from the pic, they don't look the same. the one on the right is taller and fairer and a tad bit plumper than the one on the left. The one on the left looks fine too.

ok okayy..you gots me.
thats my sister and i
in a lot of pix we look like twins

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm

seven wrote:

ok okayy..you gots me.
thats my sister and i
in a lot of pix we look like twins

ok..so the one on the right is your sis. i r'ber that you said your sis is taller than you. You look fine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next