Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t treat me like your wife:

5 posters

Go down

Don’t treat me like your wife: Empty Don’t treat me like your wife:

Post by Nila Wed May 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Last week the H wasn’t well with sore throat and was acting like a 2 year old; took 2 days off and was sleeping with heavy blanket and I didn’t see any improvements …over the weekend I got tired of his drama and was taking care of it with soups, ginger+honey+pepper teas and making him gargle with warm salt water every hour. He was able to speak clearly on Monday and thanked me by saying…”Thank you for taking care of your husband”

P.S: I was thinking…yeah! About that, I had to convince my conscience that - would you do the same if he weren’t your husband? Would you really have to go out? Would you really do this for your kids?

Anyways, I told him…”Please treat me like your friend next time when I am sick….please don’t treat me like your wife”

Anyways,…just sharing my wisdom.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Don’t treat me like your wife: Empty Re: Don’t treat me like your wife:

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Nila wrote:Last week the H wasn’t well with sore throat and was acting like a 2 year old; took 2 days off and was sleeping with heavy blanket and I didn’t see any improvements …over the weekend I got tired of his drama and was taking care of it with soups, ginger+honey+pepper teas and making him gargle with warm salt water every hour. He was able to speak clearly on Monday and thanked me by saying…”Thank you for taking care of your husband”

P.S: I was thinking…yeah! About that, I had to convince my conscience that - would you do the same if he weren’t your husband? Would you really have to go out? Would you really do this for your kids?

Anyways, I told him…”Please treat me like your friend next time when I am sick….please don’t treat me like your wife”

"Thank you for taking care of your husband", funny kinda statement, but I guess cute too. men are such babies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Nila wrote:Last week the H wasn’t well with sore throat and was acting like a 2 year old; took 2 days off and was sleeping with heavy blanket and I didn’t see any improvements …over the weekend I got tired of his drama and was taking care of it with soups, ginger+honey+pepper teas and making him gargle with warm salt water every hour. He was able to speak clearly on Monday and thanked me by saying…”Thank you for taking care of your husband”

"Thank you for taking care of your husband", funny kinda statement, but I guess cute too. men are such babies.

Here is a little secret: We do that intentionally to make the wives feel important and feel they are doing some great service ...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Niliamma - stop whining.

We put up with you Eeewwwwery month for 1 week...Nothing can be worse than that....you have to be a man to understand your torture.....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

It sounds like a carefully calibrated statement of gratitude, like the ones that foreign ministers read out in front of cameras. It makes the point that what you have done is take care of something that belongs to YOU, and there is a token thanks for doing what you are supposed -- nay expected -- to do. I guess the drafting committee considered "thanks for taking care of ME" and overruled that in favor "thanks for taking care of YOUR husband."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Oh.. "the" wise Sasthi-Nila!

It's all about the person and context:) Why just a "friend?" Why not something which aims much higher.."Don't treat me like your wife, treat me like a lover, a boss, like your queen, first lady..or if the husband is an ADMK party member.."treat me like your Amma"..or a member of the Cong party.."treat me like Mother Sonia"..etc.

Seriously, find it quite real and endearing..it's all interpretation.. "YOUR" can be interpreted as "I am YOURS" - as we say in tamil giving that "urimai" and offering ownership..wonder why being polite and thankful is seen as calculating and artificial. And never understood why good manners and simple gratitude is seen as fake and silly, while rough and rude is seen as 'real' in this place..that is odd, imo. While you know "your" husband and interpret it, better than anyone can, I know all "the husbands" are big kids..when they are sick are kind of vulnerable and say more..want the wives to be like "their" Moms when it comes to care giving and you certainly seem to have taken excellent care..which has to be exhausting.

In India, caregiving is much easier when someone is sick in the family..there is plenty of support/help..here we (wife, mom) have do it all by ourselves, which is not easy..can expect only a few friends to offer even limited help..everyone is "busy", and rare are friends who say "take the urimai"..call me anytime and they really do help.
Hope you are doing well. Nice to see you!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu May 23, 2013 9:03 am

Maria S wrote:"YOUR" can be interpreted as "I am YOURS" - as we say in tamil giving that "urimai" and offering ownership..
some people are so sensitive to this interpretation that they refuse to say "my wife," and instead, say "the wife." these are modern men who worship women and The Thing they are equipped with. they even harass men in order to demonstrate how much they respect and honour women. we are blessed to have at least one such man among us.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Niliamma - stop whining.

We put up with you Eeewwwwery month for 1 week...Nothing can be worse than that....you have to be a man to understand your torture.....Razz

haha I know I am a torture.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Maria S wrote:

Oh.. "the" wise Sasthi-Nila!

It's all about the person and context:) Why just a "friend?" Why not something which aims much higher.."Don't treat me like your wife, treat me like a lover, a boss, like your queen, first lady..or if the husband is an ADMK party member.."treat me like your Amma"..or a member of the Cong party.."treat me like Mother Sonia"..etc.

Seriously, find it quite real and endearing..it's all interpretation.. "YOUR" can be interpreted as "I am YOURS" - as we say in tamil giving that "urimai" and offering ownership..wonder why being polite and thankful is seen as calculating and artificial. And never understood why good manners and simple gratitude is seen as fake and silly, while rough and rude is seen as 'real' in this place..that is odd, imo. While you know "your" husband and interpret it, better than anyone can, I know all "the husbands" are big kids..when they are sick are kind of vulnerable and say more..want the wives to be like "their" Moms when it comes to care giving and you certainly seem to have taken excellent care..which has to be exhausting.

In India, caregiving is much easier when someone is sick in the family..there is plenty of support/help..here we (wife, mom) have do it all by ourselves, which is not easy..can expect only a few friends to offer even limited help..everyone is "busy", and rare are friends who say "take the urimai"..call me anytime and they really do help.
Hope you are doing well. Nice to see you!

haha at treat me like your queen! I would rather be make me a queen first...where is my aranmanai, where is my cook? Lol at sonia gandhi....oodiye poyiduvar! You got a good sense of humor Maria. It wasn't really exhausting; it was fun coz I was asking him to put some salt on a glass of water to gargle and he put a pinch..."Wow! you want the bacteria to die or a get a boost!...please add more" Gee so kiddish. Yep...India-va pola varuma? And about "Your" - I didn't interrupt beyond the thanks.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down