Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When it comes to relationships...

+3
Nila
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
7 posters

Go down

When it comes to relationships... Empty When it comes to relationships...

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm

When we were kids, and playing a game, if any new kid joined we would yell, 'nayi ghodi naya daam' meaning new mare, new price. Meaning this is start-all-over and the one joining will have to field first in the new game. The new person would join in yelling 'nayi ghodi purana daam'. Meaning the game will continue as is and the last person fielding will
continue to field.

Well when it comes to every new relationship, this is what I have learned. It is always nayi ghodi naya daam. It's a start all over. Whatever happened in the past ones will not happen in this one. Whatever worked there or whatever failed there, you can't bring those lessons in this one. There is no such thing as lessons learned. You may be a bit wiser but no, you still are not any closer to the formula of success.

That's the mistake I made going from first to second. I sat down and had a checklist of how I did wrong in the first one and how will I fix it in the second one. Well, in the first one I was independent and XB wanted me to be clingier. So in the second one I made myself fully available, expected the same, and suffocated the hell out of XH.

Guess the key is to enter anything with a clean slate. It's normal to carry a baggage. For example, I met a couple of people and the moment they resembled any trait even remotely close to XH's, I balked. Worst, I told them the same bluntly. So ya, I mean it's hard to leave the baggage but it is so important to keep a clean slate. Or else you put unnecessary pressure on the new person.

After a long period of pondering, I think now I am close to it. So maybe that's another key point. To force yourself to keep a long gap in between two relationships. I still don't know what I want. But I am finally open to it. And funnily, this time I don't even care if it will work or not. So, help me God.

Back to top Go down

When it comes to relationships... Empty Re: When it comes to relationships...

Post by Rishi Tue May 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Why all this relationship mumbo jumbo?

I know a woman who is an Indian from Trinidad. She is screwing around with at least 20 different men in one year.

She is enjoying her life to the fullest extent possible. And it is full of variety.

Now that you are not married any more, why restrict to one man?

Go for it!

Life is too short.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Rishi wrote:Why all this relationship mumbo jumbo?

I know a woman who is an Indian from Trinidad. She is screwing around with at least 20 different men in one year.

She is enjoying her life to the fullest extent possible. And it is full of variety.

Go for it!

Life is too short.

I would ideally like to keep a track of who gave me what disease. So ya, two-timing is out of question. But that's me. Nothing against anyone who wants to enjoy life this way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Go for it!

Life is too short.

I would ideally like to keep a track of who gave me what disease. So ya, two-timing is out of question. But that's me. Nothing against anyone who wants to enjoy life this way.

I see where you are coming from.

But whatever you do, avoid the Indian men.

As JM has clearly proved with facts, their size is very small compared to other nationalities.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Rishi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Go for it!

Life is too short.

As JM has clearly proved with facts, their size is very small compared to other nationalities.

Lol. No comments. Last time I mentioned any such thing, Kris stopped talking to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Rishi wrote:

Lol. No comments. Last time I mentioned any such thing, Kris stopped talking to me.

...Now, I have to do everything to protect Kris....Wink

Remember...life is a piecewise-continuous function....(this should get a particular group all too excited).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:When we were kids, and playing a game, if any new kid joined we would yell, 'nayi ghodi naya daam' meaning new mare, new price. Meaning this is start-all-over and the one joining will have to field first in the new game. The new person would join in yelling 'nayi ghodi purana daam'. Meaning the game will continue as is and the last person fielding will
continue to field.

Well when it comes to every new relationship, this is what I have learned. It is always nayi ghodi naya daam. It's a start all over. Whatever happened in the past ones will not happen in this one. Whatever worked there or whatever failed there, you can't bring those lessons in this one. There is no such thing as lessons learned. You may be a bit wiser but no, you still are not any closer to the formula of success.

That's the mistake I made going from first to second. I sat down and had a checklist of how I did wrong in the first one and how will I fix it in the second one. Well, in the first one I was independent and XB wanted me to be clingier. So in the second one I made myself fully available, expected the same, and suffocated the hell out of XH.

Guess the key is to enter anything with a clean slate. It's normal to carry a baggage. For example, I met a couple of people and the moment they resembled any trait even remotely close to XH's, I balked. Worst, I told them the same bluntly. So ya, I mean it's hard to leave the baggage but it is so important to keep a clean slate. Or else you put unnecessary pressure on the new person.

After a long period of pondering, I think now I am close to it. So maybe that's another key point. To force yourself to keep a long gap in between two relationships. I still don't know what I want. But I am finally open to it. And funnily, this time I don't even care if it will work or not. So, help me God.

The problem with women is that they try to change themselves and adapt to the relationships and after few years realize that they are not being themselves. If I were to be “I” and I were to find someone to like me - that will be day when the sun rises in west. Source: Cousin Sisters and siblings who have changed so much so that you wonder who these people are? I don’t know who I am????? I think the important thing is to know about oneself and that is the true meaning of relationship. – New found wisdom 101

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Good point, Nila. To be fair, seen men change themselves too, not just women. Sometimes seen the whole family adjusting to a new person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Men may change but the percentage can be little when compared with. Whoever change and compromise aren't happy in the relationship. Accepting each other the way they are is the true relationship.

~ I was doing kundalini yoga and all of the sudden my wisdome gene is awakened. lol

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Acceptance != Tolerance is definitely != R.E.S.P.E.C.T which may be combined with abundance of neurochemical and other fluids for some mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S

The juxtaposition of respect with hotness is a deliberately tricky equation, solving of which, yields eternal grihasth bliss.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Acceptance != Tolerance is definitely != R.E.S.P.E.C.T which may be combined with abundance of neurochemical and other fluids for some mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S

The juxtaposition of respect with hotness is a deliberately tricky equation, solving of which, yields eternal grihasth bliss.

scratch

I know, i got to read that again and again and agiain.........., as always. Sigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Lecture #2:

When do you say you respect someone? After a reasonable degree of due diligence, with your limited cpu power, you have not been able to detect any inconsistency in that person's logical reasoning and are ready to sign a dotted line on a piece of paper that person is willing to put in front of you. You are willing to defend that person, talk at length about the context in which that person operates and generally "sell" their ideas. In other words, you are subject to "true believerism" when it comes to that other person.

In cases where you disagree with that other person, you are able to have far less certainty over your own position/stance than you would otherwise if that other person was not existent. You are willing to admit your doubt willingly, openly and in a humble manner. Then and only then, do you have a right to say that you respect that other person.

Class dismissed.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 28, 2013 5:56 pm

nenu wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Acceptance != Tolerance is definitely != R.E.S.P.E.C.T which may be combined with abundance of neurochemical and other fluids for some mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S

scratch

I know, i got to read that again and again and agiain.........., as always. Sigh!

Glad to know that I am not alone. For a minute I thought OMG! My already broken English is now so broken to comprehend....where am I going in life? And so many others uncertainties gave birth. Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Nila wrote:
nenu wrote:

scratch

Glad to know that I am not alone. For a minute I thought OMG! My already broken English is now so broken to comprehend....where am I going in life? And so many others uncertainties gave birth. Razz

Feel bad not, Nila. The problem is not with us. The problem is with Muezzy. His english is off, his thinking is off, his way of expressing is off......yeah, everything goes off our heads. He's not the regular kinda guy who you want to have idly-sambar and narasu's coffee with.

Razz

PS: Vids, i'm with Nila. Be yourself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 28, 2013 9:14 pm

nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:

Feel bad not, Nila. The problem is not with us. The problem is with Muezzy. His english is off, his thinking is off, his way of expressing is off......yeah, everything goes off our heads. He's not the regular kinda guy who you want to have idly-sambar and narasu's coffee with.

Razz

Sounds like a fantastic date at Ambi Iyer Coffee Club in an ideal romantic environment consisting of vadai, Kesari, and cashew aroma augmented by two others chitchatting at the same table.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 am

Professor atcg..let me try decoding..
So..you are saying that burning mutual sexual attraction is very important, but, power struggles- ego issues have to be dealt with if there is going to be marital happiness.
Is it close or way off?Smile

*It's interesting to see how and why we pick places to meet people, esp. for the first time! That may be a fun discussion! Our familiarity, gender, class, juxtaposition of adventure with comfort level etc..all are factors.

Speaking of meeting people..wish I had met a man, used see him as such a male chauvinst..Oscar Wilde. The more I read..can't help but like him! His views on people and relationships are..from funny to sad..always flamboyant and deep..thought provoking.

“The world is a stage and the play is badly cast.”

“Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.”

“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”

“Hear no evil, speak no evil, and you won't be invited to cocktail parties.”

“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”

“Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty.”

“A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.”

“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.”

I better stop now!

________

Tracy,
Good luck, that's all!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am

thanks M. the goal is to lose some weight, and when i come back from india, say in july, then will start the "process", whatever that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 am

nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:
nenu wrote:

scratch

Razz

Ladies.. Ladies.. Let me break it down in simple terms since Maria appears to have confused the issue further..

If Your significant other is hot be prepared to be treated like dirt, trying to reason it by bringing in your handsomeness (as a comparison) will land you in the doghouse forever. Consuming lotsa Oxytocin might help alleviate the situation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 11:32 am

cd you are still in the wrong country. women here NEVER go to a doghouse, only men do Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:cd you are still in the wrong country. women here NEVER go to a doghouse, only men do Razz

In this context, significant other = wife/GF/fiance etc., only.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:cd you are still in the wrong country. women here NEVER go to a doghouse, only men do Razz

In this context, significant other = wife/GF/fiance etc., only.

d-uh, ok. thot u were talking to the ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Ladies.. Ladies.. Let me break it down in simple terms since Maria appears to have confused the issue further..

If Your significant other is hot be prepared to be treated like dirt, trying to reason it by bringing in your handsomeness (as a comparison) will land you in the doghouse forever. Consuming lotsa Oxytocin might help alleviate the situation.

Hey! Hey! Look who's talking..just because you are confuzzled.. with what I said..dude..and don't have to live up to your name dear Sir! And what's up with consuming lotsa Oxytocin to escape from the doghouse? Very Happy

Nice to know about your upcoming trip Tracy..have fun!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 29, 2013 1:54 pm

>>Professor atcg..let me try decoding..
So..you are saying that burning mutual sexual attraction is very important, but, power struggles- ego issues have to be dealt with if there is going to be marital happiness.
Is it close or way off?<<

Actually I was saying Respect for each other is the key ingredient; if you can mix it up with Sex, you have a sustainable relationship. Applicable to 20-50 y/o's.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:>>Professor atcg..let me try decoding..
Is it close or way off?<<

Actually I was saying Respect for each other is the key ingredient; if you can mix it up with Sex, you have a sustainable relationship. Applicable to 20-50 y/o's.

Liked the sizzle, mystery and convolution in your initial statement.

My bad for trying to decode leading to quick deflation!
Why the cut off at 50? Never mind, it seems like a "magic number" in this forum.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Maria S wrote:

Professor atcg..let me try decoding..
Is it close or way off?Smile

*It's interesting to see how and why we pick places to meet people, esp. for the first time! That may be a fun discussion! Our familiarity, gender, class, juxtaposition of adventure with comfort level etc..all are factors.

Speaking of meeting people..wish I had met a man, used see him as such a male chauvinst..Oscar Wilde. The more I read..can't help but like him! His views on people and relationships are..from funny to sad..always flamboyant and deep..thought provoking.

“The world is a stage and the play is badly cast.”

“Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.”

“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”

“Hear no evil, speak no evil, and you won't be invited to cocktail parties.”

“Everything in the world is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.”

“I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”

“Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty.”

“A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.”

“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.”

I better stop now!

________

Tracy,
Good luck, that's all!

OMG at burning! lol

Lately I am attracted to this guy...thank goodness we don't work together. I avoid making eye contact with him...it is as if the world freezes for me. But I am very much sure it is not mutual. Great!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 29, 2013 2:20 pm

For 50-80 y/o's considering a relationship:

The keywords are "Interests" and "Admiration" - you got to have at least 60% of interests in the shaded intersecting area of the venn diagrams. And admire the other person for the mileage under the belt (err...I mean achievements, silly).

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Been stalking this family friend on FB, in her mid 40s. She is ABD, but very indian. She lost her husband 2-3 years ago to an accident (actually he is the one who is more closely related to us), and then her son to cancer. All within one year.

I see her pics now, dating some 40-something handsome guy. He too seem to be a widower. They look so happy and graceful. Including each other in their family affairs, vacationing, etc. Everyone in both families have completely accepted each other.

I secretly envy here. Maybe I am inspired by her... It is funny how my life has had most major turns based purely on inspiring envies. I can still list all of them now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Nila wrote:

OMG at burning! lol

Lately I am attracted to this guy...thank goodness we don't work together. I avoid making eye contact with him...it is as if the world freezes for me. But I am very much sure it is not mutual. Great!

Sasthi-Nila,

I tried..and nice to see that you found it funny! And you are a brave lady to confess what you did in this forum:)

Was watching Today show this morning they were discussing some survey which indicates..nowadays, people seldom make "direct eye contact"..everyone is looking (or pretending) to look at their cell phones..some e-thing..in parties they are talking to you..but scanning the room for better company..it was quite funny! So who knows..the 'him' may have a big crush on you too!
Hope you are doing well. I took the day off..relaxing today.

atcg,

Not sure..who sets up these age lines when it comes to love, sex, infatuation, attraction etc..don't know them or care to..even the "power of suggestion"..can have an effect on some people!
If it makes people happy to abide by them..let it be:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Have fun on your relaxing day Marie. I am still looking forward for my one - me and myself week off. I am a scorp sun and scorp venus I know when the/any 'him' is not mutualizing lol.

nyways, my attractions have a very limited life...the longest can be 2 days. Razz

Jollu...Yikes Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

You peeps got it all wrong. Here's how deciphered dna's lectures:

Tolerance=you don't agree with the other, but you somehow put up with him/her
Acceptance= you don't agree with the other, but you are ok with it.
Respect=you happily agree with the other coz the other can seldom go wrong.

So, Tolerance != Acceptance != Respect

When there is respect for the other, the other seems like God. Your admiration for the other and the other's ego satisfaction from being admired causes intense chemistry between the two leading to mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S, which leads to eternal grihasth bliss. (Blessed are such couples!)

Need i explain lecture#2 too? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nenu wrote:
Nila wrote:

Razz

Sounds like a fantastic date at Ambi Iyer Coffee Club in an ideal romantic environment consisting of vadai, Kesari, and cashew aroma augmented by two others chitchatting at the same table.

You are forgetting narasu's coffee. Here, for your nostalgic pleasure:

For all the others who are wondering how to make narasu's coffee, here it is in ingliss:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 6:05 pm

nenu wrote:You peeps got it all wrong. Here's how deciphered dna's lectures:

Tolerance=you don't agree with the other, but you somehow put up with him/her (your own survival at Stake)
Acceptance= you don't agree with the other, but you are ok with it (your own sleep is at stake)
Respect=you happily agree with the other coz the other can seldom go wrong (your own life is at stake)

When there is respect for the other, the other seems like God. Your admiration for the other and the other's ego satisfaction from being admired causes intense chemistry between the two leading to mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S, which leads to eternal grihasth bliss. (Blessed are such couples!) - reason why people love movies...Razz

**FIXED**

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Tolerance=you don't agree with the other, but you somehow put up with him/her (your own survival at Stake)
Acceptance= you don't agree with the other, but you are ok with it (your own sleep is at stake)
Respect=you happily agree with the other coz the other can seldom go wrong (your own life is at stake)

When there is respect for the other, the other seems like God. Your admiration for the other and the other's ego satisfaction from being admired causes intense chemistry between the two leading to mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S, which leads to eternal grihasth bliss. (Blessed are such couples!) - reason why people love movies...Razz

**FIXED**

SighO!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 29, 2013 6:41 pm

When there is respect for the other, the other seems like God. Your admiration for the other and the other's ego satisfaction from being admired causes intense chemistry between the two leading to mutual H.O.T.N.E.S.S, which leads to eternal grihasth bliss. (Blessed are such couples!)

I ignored lect #2 so that's fine and please please don't mind explaining. LOL

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:For 50-80 y/o's considering a relationship:

The keywords are "Interests" and "Admiration" - you got to have at least 60% of interests in the shaded intersecting area of the venn diagrams. And admire the other person for the mileage under the belt (err...I mean achievements, silly).

** you sound like you were born yesterday. fyi, older men and women get married not out of admiration but for love and companionship and sex. most people continue to have sex and enjoy sex till they die unless prevented from doing so by some disability.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 29, 2013 7:20 pm

** actually, I found it seriously irritating that something very simple was written in a convoluted, grotesque way that we're confusing for intelligence when it may in fact be an impairment in communication.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

nenu wrote:

You are forgetting narasu's coffee. Here, for your nostalgic pleasure:

For all the others who are wondering how to make narasu's coffee, here it is in ingliss:

lady:

Stop posting youtube and flash links. I cant get them at work - they are blocked. I am sure Impy does not appreciate either. And you cannot hope to live (peacefully) by antagonizing Impy and me.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm

lady:

Stop posting youtube and flash links. I cant get them at work - they are blocked. I am sure Impy does not appreciate either. And you cannot hope to live (peacefully) by antagonizing Impy and me.

Shocked OMG! I dare not do that. What's going to be of me! I'd be sooo doomed! Totally crushed! Oh pls pls pls don't get antagonized (?) at poor me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2013 8:08 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
** actually, I found it seriously irritating that something very simple was written in a convoluted, grotesque way that we're confusing for intelligence when it may in fact be an impairment in communication.

Pravallika, if you didn't get it, it's just a dig at his communication style Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

Please everybody: Pravalika is real smart.

Now is this simple or convoluted or grotesque or impaired communication ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down