Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For you GC - Cats lead a sad life

2 posters

Go down

For you GC - Cats lead a sad life Empty For you GC - Cats lead a sad life

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

For you GC - Cats lead a sad life Empty Re: For you GC - Cats lead a sad life

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:

LOL! This is the Diary writing back: "Dear Cat: I have fond memories of practicing juggling as a little kid although I used to err and drop frequently. I miss the practice. Kindly let me know when you'll have your next litter of kittens. TIA."

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 am

Damned animal abusers! One puts a cat in the dryer. The other juggles kittens.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 am

I dislike cats. When I used to raise homing pigeons as a kid, cats often caught and killed them, but never ate them. It was the "kill" they enjoyed most. Then I was presented with a German Shepherd. Like a good shepherd it protected my birds. The cats knew better than to mess with my dog!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 am

goodcitizn wrote:I dislike cats. When I used to raise homing pigeons as a kid, cats often caught and killed them, but never ate them. It was the "kill" they enjoyed most. Then I was presented with a German Shepherd. Like a good shepherd it protected my birds. The cats knew better than to mess with my dog!

GC, did you ever hunt birds with a Golden Retriever or a Lab?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:I dislike cats. When I used to raise homing pigeons as a kid, cats often caught and killed them, but never ate them. It was the "kill" they enjoyed most. Then I was presented with a German Shepherd. Like a good shepherd it protected my birds. The cats knew better than to mess with my dog!

No. Why ask?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

No. Why ask?

Labs and Golden Retrievers also like to hunt. I have seen labs kill squirrels and sparrows.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

No. Why ask?

Labs and Golden Retrievers also like to hunt. I have seen labs kill squirrels and sparrows.

Pointers are used by hunters to point where the birds are in the bushes. Retrievers are used primarily to retrieve the birds after they are shot down. Yes, some breeds of dogs do kill small animals and birds if not trained. But cats can't be trained not to kill. That's a huge diff.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 am

goodcitizn wrote: But cats can't be trained not to kill. That's a huge diff.

Cats are natural born killers. When you are a cat owner, you learn to accept that.

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:39 am

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote: But cats can't be trained not to kill. That's a huge diff.

Cats are natural born killers. When you are a cat owner, you learn to accept that.

After watching it, particularly the end, I'm not sure if I should go "yikes" or "ugghhh" ...

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

After watching it, particularly the end, I'm not sure if I should go "yikes" or "ugghhh" ...

Your reaction reminds me of a 'Rose is Rose' episode. Let me see if I can find it.

In the meantime there is this one:

For you GC - Cats lead a sad life E2061b8061e0013019ab001dd8b71c47
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:53 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

No. Why ask?

Pointers are used by hunters to point where the birds are in the bushes. Retrievers are used primarily to retrieve the birds after they are shot down. Yes, some breeds of dogs do kill small animals and birds if not trained. But cats can't be trained not to kill. That's a huge diff.

our first pet dog was a mutt of golden retriver and alsatian. he was fairly wild and independent. am sure he thot he owned us. anyway, we used to live in a 100-year-old house in hospital campus, which was previously a jungle. He has killed so so so many rats, it's not even funny. never needed to buy any rat poison. but he would not eat them. just shake them to death and then spit them out. He had a lot of standoffs with cats too, who would just wander in sometimes, but those fights we would intervene. The cat would hunch-raise his/her back and growl, and my babysitter would go - "cats go straight for the neck and kills you". So I would freak out and dissolve the fight by taking him elsewhere.

Funniest part is, we thought all dogs are hunters. So when our next pure wolfhound alsatain came along, we just showed him the rat thinking he would kill. But when the rat moved, I jumped and ran, and he ran along with me. That's when other rat treatments were sought. We also changed the house quickly, so wasn't an issue any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

No. Why ask?

our first pet dog was a mutt of golden retriver and alsatian. he was fairly wild and independent. am sure he thot he owned us. anyway, we used to live in a 100-year-old house in hospital campus, which was previously a jungle. He has killed so so so many rats, it's not even funny. never needed to buy any rat poison. but he would not eat them. just shake them to death and then spit them out. He had a lot of standoffs with cats too, who would just wander in sometimes, but those fights we would intervene. The cat would hunch-raise his/her back and growl, and my babysitter would go - "cats go straight for the neck and kills you". So I would freak out and dissolve the fight by taking him elsewhere.

Funniest part is, we thought all dogs are hunters. So when our next pure wolfhound alsatain came along, we just showed him the rat thinking he would kill. But when the rat moved, I jumped and ran, and he ran along with me. That's when other rat treatments were sought. We also changed the house quickly, so wasn't an issue any more.

I was told that dachshunds were bred to get into tiny crevices and holes to catch moles and mice. Some other breeds like sheep dogs and shepherds were bred to herd and protect livestock from predators. And some were used primarily in hunting like fox terriers, retrievers and pointers while some others for tracking like blood hounds or guarding like rottweilers. That's why even in mutts you find certain traits more dominant, related to one of its breeds.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Your reaction reminds me of a 'Rose is Rose' episode. Let me see if I can find it.

In the meantime there is this one:

For you GC - Cats lead a sad life E2061b8061e0013019ab001dd8b71c47

Hilarious!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Hilarious!

Have you see the "Henri, Le chat noir" series?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Hilarious!

Have you see the "Henri, Le chat noir" series?

No. Do post something interesting.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm

This is the second one in the series. I have posted this before. It won the best internet cat video award. It is best known now for the phrase "Immortalisé sur la mur - oublié sur le plancher" You can find the rest of the series from the you tube link:

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Hellsangel wrote:This is the second one in the series. I have posted this before. It won the best internet cat video award. It is best known now for the phrase "Immortalisé sur la mur - oublié sur le plancher" You can find the rest of the series from the you tube link:

LOL! Touching indeed. I'll take a look at the rest of the series. Thanks Hellsbells.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down