Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck in the boondocks

+4
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
gone
8 posters

Go down

Stuck in the boondocks  Empty Stuck in the boondocks

Post by gone Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 am

I have decided to stay in this crappy town. Or rather my mom coerced me into the decision with her hysterics (you are a bad wife and daughter), melodrama (I'm never going to speak with you again if you do this), guilt-tripping (I haven't been able to get a good night of sleep because I'm worried about you), and insane reactions (if your dad gets a heart attack, it's your fault).

Also, I'm beginning to see her point...my husband doesn't have a fatal disease or a major financial crisis...nor are we living in Benghazi or Afghanistan. We both have our health, a roof over our heads, and enough to eat.. He just happens to work in a crappy place and that can be eased by taking frequent trips to better cities.

Seriously, at this point, the thought of moving in with my parents during the job search, makes me cringe. If she can be such an emotional nag on the phone, I don't want to know what she'll be like all day on her turf. I'll just stay here with my drama-free dogs and DH.

gone

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the boondocks  Empty Re: Stuck in the boondocks

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am

Good decision, I think.
So now you will parcel back all your books and stuff to yourself again?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:01 pm

oh goodie. waiting with bated breath for the coming installments of tales from omaha.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:oh goodie. waiting with bated breath for the coming installments of tales from omaha.

Buffet tales?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:oh goodie. waiting with bated breath for the coming installments of tales from omaha.

Buffet tales?
merely because warren buffet lives in omaha? the moral of this post: it's unlikely that a random connection that one's mind forms with a word is humorous, clever, or interesting. or worth posting about.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?
merely because warren buffet lives in omaha? the moral of this post: it's unlikely that a random connection that one's mind forms with a word is humorous, clever, or interesting. or worth posting about.

The moral actually is that achachan, an l-o-s-e-r from a University Town of not insignificant size in Texas, now living on taxpayer dime has to assert his credentials on any anonymous forum since he has no achievements of any sort in his real life.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:42 pm

mainstreet wrote:

Also, I'm beginning to see her point...my husband doesn't have a fatal disease or a major financial crisis...nor are we living in Benghazi or Afghanistan. We both have our health, a roof over our heads, and enough to eat.. He just happens to work in a crappy place and that can be eased by taking frequent trips to better cities.

With this nice attitude..you never know, your husband may change his mind and surprise you..sooner than later!
In the meantime, take many trips and have fun, stay connected to the world on line..talk to different people right there in the boondocks..you may meet the most unusual and good people, I did and still do..all the time.
take care Ms. ms.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Maria S wrote:
mainstreet wrote:

With this nice attitude..you never know, your husband may change his mind and surprise you..sooner than later!
In the meantime, take many trips and have fun, stay connected to the world on line..talk to different people right there in the boondocks..you may meet the most unusual and good people, I did and still do..all the time.
take care Ms. ms.

Agreed... He just might decide to move to a large metropolitian area such as Moore, OK.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Maria S wrote:
mainstreet wrote:

take care Ms. ms.

Agreed... He just might decide to move to a large metropolitian area such as Moore, OK.

Funny U! You are in your element today:)

Give some credit to good wives..don't you bother Ms. ms, she's young, adorable and trying..let her give it a serious try!

What can one say about the poor folks in OK..when people have so little and even that is taken away.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?

no bridges of madison county tales.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm

mainstreet = merryl streep, does have a ring to it.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?

But, have you seen the Madison County Bridge ? know where it is ? (No googling).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Good decision! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?

But, have you seen the Madison County Bridge ? know where it is ? (No googling).

uppili did you understand my comment?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

10 bucks says 2 weeks later MS will get the offer from that company she interviewed for and will be posting a new dilemma...

i made up my mind and gave up my dream of living in a big city and now i have this job of my dreams which can put my career right back on track... what should i do (&^%@#( _)(*&^%$#$

what does the universe from me (*&^%$ ugh X10

Last edited by seven on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PG 13 version)

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?

His Holiness knows it all. He even knows how much information to reveal and how much to conceal.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:50 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Buffet tales?

Nope.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

Aww..Robert and Francesca..seeking, enchanted and lost in the forbidden:)

Somehow, don't see this ms as the other ms..walking the bridges and trails among wild flowers in a simple matronly dress..as an Eastwood is mesmerized by her for eternity...clicking away!

*Looking into crystal ball*..see a Sarah Jessica Parker, clicking the high heels of her stylish shoes..with plenty of Saks 5th avenue and other similar fancy stores- shopping bags..as in SITC:D:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 am

That one went over my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:56 am

Maria S wrote:Aww..Robert and Francesca..seeking, enchanted and lost in the forbidden:)

Somehow, don't see this ms as the other ms..walking the bridges and trails among wild flowers in a simple matronly dress..as an Eastwood is mesmerized by her for eternity...clicking away!

*Looking into crystal ball*..see a Sarah Jessica Parker, clicking the high heels of her stylish shoes..with plenty of Saks 5th avenue and other similar fancy stores- shopping bags..as in SITC:D:)

Don't think Mainstreet will like Clint at this time around. Besides, she has not revealed if her megacity has a bridge.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down