Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepting criticism

4 posters

Go down

Accepting criticism Empty Accepting criticism

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 pm

http://www.wikihow.com/Accept-Criticism-With-Grace-and-Appreciation

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Accepting criticism Empty Re: Accepting criticism

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:http://www.wikihow.com/Accept-Criticism-With-Grace-and-Appreciation

My worst reaction: muttered BC under the breath, while continuing to type and stare at the screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Is BC a hindi word?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Is BC a hindi word?

It's northindian. Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:Is BC a hindi word?

It's northindian. Yes.

Talking about uh, "hindi" words, used to have a ym friend, he is mia now. Whenever I would be upset with anyone, he would start cursing them, and I would join too. Between the two of us we would cover all known galis in hindi + english, and create some new ones too. Used to be such a stress buster. Never have had a partner-in-cursing like that ever. Suchat friends do cover it sometimes, but the uh, "range" is missing, mostly because I become somewhat of a prude in front of others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:http://www.wikihow.com/Accept-Criticism-With-Grace-and-Appreciation

The one thing I tell at work (yeah I am the unoffical lawyer at work and supposedly a diplomatic lawyer - WTF, can you believe it - me and diplomatic..Razz), write any IMPORTANT email as a draft, sleep on it OVERNIGHT - and review in the morning before sending it. On is not that angry or tired in the morning - unless of course, one opens SuCH the first thing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:56 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

The one thing I tell at work (yeah I am the unoffical lawyer at work and supposedly a diplomatic lawyer - WTF, can you believe it - me and diplomatic..Razz), write any IMPORTANT email as a draft, sleep on it OVERNIGHT - and review in the morning before sending it. On is not that angry or tired in the morning - unless of course, one opens SuCH the first thing.

>>>> I read my e mails a couple of times before sending them anyway, to avoid any misunderstanding. Along the same lines, one lesson I have learned is that it is best to slow down your response time when you are in important conversations. It gives you time to think through what the other person is saying and also to formulate your answers optimally.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

>>>> I read my e mails a couple of times before sending them anyway, to avoid any misunderstanding. Along the same lines, one lesson I have learned is that it is best to slow down your response time when you are in important conversations. It gives you time to think through what the other person is saying and also to formulate your answers optimally.

Kris, good advice. It is so much easier to take the time and reflect a little before responding, especially on emotional situations. [This doesn't apply to SuCH!] I am much more careful these days not only in emails but in texting as well. Unlike in the old days, everything you say today is being recorded with the potential to come back and bite you in the budumsky! Wink

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down