Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Monk Who Didn’t Care for Ferrari: Teaching to Serve Society

2 posters

Go down

A Monk Who Didn’t Care for Ferrari: Teaching to Serve Society Empty A Monk Who Didn’t Care for Ferrari: Teaching to Serve Society

Post by southindian Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:54 am

I know this website is not the right place for posts or discussions like these, but I can give a try.

Dr. Ramesh Misra said, “You know, I did not make much of renunciation. It is actually you, who did it. I left lesser stuff for something better and you left the better things to dwell over the mundane matters. Now tell me, who actually renounced?”

Several years ago, I said the something similar to my mother and she told me, "You are selfish and do not care about your parents and family."

http://alumniconnect.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/a-monk-who-didnt-care-for-ferrari-teaching-to-serve-society/
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

A Monk Who Didn’t Care for Ferrari: Teaching to Serve Society Empty Re: A Monk Who Didn’t Care for Ferrari: Teaching to Serve Society

Post by Rishi Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 am

With CPI of almost 10 in B.Tech. at IITK, he could have had any job or
admission to any university. He declined all offers of job, admission,
or scholarship to pursue one goal – Service to Society.

What kind of nonsense is this?

So what if he went to IIT and was an outstanding student there?

1. Are we supposed to be grateful that he gave up all the opportunities to be a hedge fund manager or Dean at MIT and became a monk.

Suppose tomorrow Phaneesh Murthy becomes a monk. Are we supposed to worship him because he went to IIT-IIM?

2. There are also guys who were lousy students. Some may even have flunked all their courses in high school and never went to college. Suppose they become monks. Is this IITK-CPI-almost-10 monk inherently superior to high-school-drop-out monk?

Rishi

Back to top Go down