Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you facebook

+6
MaxEntropy_Man
Maria S
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
Kayalvizhi
10 posters

Go down

Thank you facebook Empty Thank you facebook

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Facebook has been offering Tamil interface for over a tear. Now it calls itself "Mukanool" to those who use Tamil. Good move. We thank Facebook.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Thank you facebook Empty Re: Thank you facebook

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 am

Why must all English words be translated? Like motorbike - thuvi chakkara vandi, Computer - kanipori and so on.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 am

If english can simply borrow words from other languages, why cant tamil do the same. it will gain wider acceptability. No wonder Tamil is looked upon as a rigid puritanical language like the French.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 am

goodcitizn wrote:Why must all English words be translated? Like motorbike - thuvi chakkara vandi, Computer - kanipori and so on.
>>> No, no, no-- thuvi as Sanskrit roots. You must re-submit.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:04 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:If english can simply borrow words from other languages, why cant tamil do the same. it will gain wider acceptability. No wonder Tamil is looked upon as a rigid puritanical language like the French.

>>>> English's strength is its flexibility, which is why it has flourished. The French with their self-absorption have reduced themselves to a people who cannot think beyond the issue of who has a Parisian accent and who doesn't. There is a lesson in this for KV, but it is certain to be missed.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:55 am

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:If english can simply borrow words from other languages, why cant tamil do the same. it will gain wider acceptability. No wonder Tamil is looked upon as a rigid puritanical language like the French.

>>>> English's strength is its flexibility, which is why it has flourished. The French with their self-absorption have reduced themselves to a people who cannot think beyond the issue of who has a Parisian accent and who doesn't. There is a lesson in this for KV, but it is certain to be missed.

I agree with Upps and you on this. Karunanidhi can name his kids Azhagiri (giri is sanskrit) and Stalin, yet gets fanatical about using letters such as ish, ha, ja, ksha etc. Certain sanskrit words or english words are best pronounced when you use such letters. I don't know what the big deal is about using them. Also, why can't we call computer or bus as is? Are we going to start manufacturing Tamil words for software, blue tooth, hard drives and so on? It's ridiculous.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Facebook has been offering Tamil interface for over a tear. Now it calls itself "Mukanool" to those who use Tamil. Good move. We thank Facebook.

Kaalai vanakkam Kayal!

It has been a great experience for me too (kalai vanakkam has become the norm there like good morning!)..it has opened up ways to so easily interact with the Tamil Diaspora..and it has been quite nice to read and comment (with all the nuances), get to know so many new vibrant tamil websites and writers-contemporary poets..*we get first hand info..not filtered through anyone's slanted commentaries.

It's great to see Tamil flourishing in so many genres..but for Fb, would not have known about them..I like this one:

http://puthu.thinnai.com/

How I wish folks like Valluvar and Kannadasan were on Fb..would have been fun directly interacting with them:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 am

Kris wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Why must all English words be translated? Like motorbike - thuvi chakkara vandi, Computer - kanipori and so on.
>>> No, no, no-- thuvi as Sanskrit roots. You must re-submit.

Chakkara aka Chakra has Sanskrit roots too. Double re-submit.

Vandi aka Bandi (vehicle) probably has telugu or other south indian language roots. With the usual confusion of Va, Ba etc in tamil, the bandi is pronounced as vandi in tamil. No such confusion exists in other south indian languages. If it were borrowed from tamil, it would've been vandi in other SI languages too. So yeah, vandi must've been a borrowed word form other SI languages to tamil.

Triple re-submit!

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:05 am

veNdaikkai (okra) and vaNdi (vehicle) have always been pronounced like that. i don't see why this has to be termed confusion. for example, the word mountain in english is probably from the french montagne. the "agn" sound becomes "ain" in english and "mont" becomes "mount" with an "ou" sound in english. that doesn't mean the english are confused. when words cross languages they always undergo sound transformation. this is all very well known.

and about the relationship between dravidian languages and sanskrit, the last word on this is yet to be written. there is probably more that went both ways than we have been led to believe. we need more people like the late scholar bhadriraju krishnamurti to throw light on this relatioship.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:veNdaikkai (okra) and vaNdi (vehicle) have always been pronounced like that (in tamil). i don't see why this has to be termed confusion. for example, the word mountain in english is probably from the french montagne. the "agn" sound becomes "ain" in english and "mont" becomes "mount" with an "ou" sound in english. that doesn't mean the english are confused. when words cross languages they always undergo sound transformation. this is all very well known.

and about the relationship between dravidian languages and sanskrit, the last word on this is yet to be written. there is probably more that went both ways than we have been led to believe. we need more people like the late scholar bhadriraju krishnamurti to throw light on this relatioship.

"veNdaikkai (okra) and vaNdi (vehicle) have always been pronounced like that (in tamil)".

Ok..fine! it's not confusion. Change of pronunciation in tamil when borrowed. Whatever! Pls read my post again on why it couldn't be the other way around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:47 am

For example, Chakra is Chakra in most indian languages, including south indian languages. We don't pronounce it as Chakkara. Tamil doesn't have vowel-consonent, consonent-consonent combinations. So it probably can't be written as Chakra (the kra, ka and ra combination can be easily written in other languages) and hence written and pronounced as Chakkara. Goes on to show that it's a borrowed word in tamil.

Same goes with Bendakai and bandi. We have no reason to change the va to ba had we borrowed it from tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 am

nenu wrote:For example, Chakra is Chakra in most indian languages, including south indian languages. We don't pronounce it as Chakkara. Tamil doesn't have vowel-consonent, consonent-consonent combinations. So it probably can't be written as Chakra (the kra, ka and ra combination can be easily written in other languages) and hence written and pronounced as Chakkara. Goes on to show that it's a borrowed word in tamil.

Same goes with Bendakai and bandi. We have no reason to change the va to ba had we borrowed it from tamil.

More often than not, व gets corrupted to ब in Indian languages. Bengali being a prime example.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

Hellsangel wrote:
nenu wrote:For example, Chakra is Chakra in most indian languages, including south indian languages. We don't pronounce it as Chakkara. Tamil doesn't have vowel-consonent, consonent-consonent combinations. So it probably can't be written as Chakra (the kra, ka and ra combination can be easily written in other languages) and hence written and pronounced as Chakkara. Goes on to show that it's a borrowed word in tamil.

More often than not, व gets corrupted to ब in Indian languages. Bengali being a prime example.

yeah and it's obvious when it's corrupted as it would be va in all the other languages.
Tamil have a confusion with letters as they have the same alphabet for different pronunciations. It's not a question of a difference in innate pronunciation like the bengalis or others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 am

Just sharing a few lines from a facebook friend Vijayabhaskar's status today- just an amateur writer, hope he does get a lot of attention. To me it's so simple, but meaningful to read this in tamil with all the nuances (wish I can translate for others..but, something will be lost in translation).

"உலகிலேயே வெளியே சொல்ல முடியாத பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள முடியாத உணர்வு பொறாமைதான் என்பேன்.

காமத்தை கூட நண்பனிடம் பகிர்ந்துகொள்ளலாம்.”மச்சி எனக்கு இப்படித் தோணுதடா” என்று.

வக்கிரத்தை மனைவியிடம் சொல்லிவிடலாம் “சில சமயம் நமக்கு பிடித்த வயதானவர்களிடம் மிகப்பணிவாக பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போதே காலால் அவர்கள் நெஞ்சில் எத்தி ஒரு மிதி மிதிக்கனும் போல இருக்கே.இத வேற யாருகிட்டயும் சொல்ல முடியாது அதான் உன்கிட்ட சொல்றேன்...” என்று படுக்கையறையில் விவாதிக்கலாம்.

ஆனால் பொறாமையை விவாதிக்கமுடியாத பயமும் அழுத்தமும் இப்போதைய மனிதனுக்கு பெரிய சவால்.பொறாமை என்பதை பொறாமைபடுவரின் மீது ஏதாவது குற்றம் கண்டுபிடிக்கும் தளத்திற்கு எடுத்துப்போகிறோம்.

“அவன் வீடு பால்காய்ப்புக்கு என்னக் கூப்பிட்டான்.எல்லாருக்கும் வீட்டை சுத்தி காமிச்சான்.எனக்கு காட்டவில்லை.என்ன மதிக்கல”

இப்படி சொல்வோம்.சின்னக் குற்றசாட்டை விரித்து பெரியதாக்கி கொள்ளுவது பிற்பாடு நடக்கும்.

என்னைக்கேட்டால் நாம் ஒருவர் மீது பொறாமை படுகிறோம் என்பதை நாம் ஒப்புக்கொள்ள வேண்டும்.அதுவே அந்த பொறாமையை பாதி குறைத்துவிடும்.

“ஆமா அவன் மேல் எனக்கு பொறாமை இருக்கு.கோவம் மாதிரி துக்கம் மாதிரி பொறாமை ஒரு உணர்ச்சி.அவன் மேல எனக்கு இருக்கு” என்பதை மனதால் சொல்லி நம்புங்கள்.

பொறாமை கொடுக்கும் எதிர்மறை உணர்வு பாதியாக குறையும் பொறாமையை நாம் முதலில் நமுக்குள்ளே ஒப்புக்கொண்டால்.

ஆனால் தயவு செய்து வெளியே சொல்லிவிடாதீர்கள்.

உலகம் இன்னும் அந்த பக்குவம் அடையவில்லை..."

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 am

nenu wrote:
yeah and it's obvious when it's corrupted as it would be va in all the other languages.
Tamil have a confusion with letters as they have the same alphabet for different pronunciations. It's not a question of a difference in innate pronunciation like the bengalis or others.

your comment is in the category of "not even wrong"(#). this is not like a ka-ga mixup as occurs in tamil (although even that is not a mixup as i have written about internal consistency rules before). tamils have distinct letters for "va" and "ba". so this is not a case of a mistaken sound.

# : not even wrong
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
nenu wrote:

your comment is in the category of "not even wrong"(#). this is not like a ka-ga mixup as occurs in tamil (although even that is not a mixup as i have written about internal consistency rules before). tamils have distinct letters for "va" and "ba". so this is not a case of a mistaken sound.

# : not even wrong

It's Bandi in telugu and kannada too for sure, not vandi. Why did the tamils change it to vandi? god only knows! The pa and ba confusion is very pronounced for most words in tamil.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 am

nenu wrote:
The pa and ba confusion is very pronounced for most words in tamil.

you have now moved the goal post. you said tamils confused the ba and the va. when i pointed out that that can't be true because tamil has distinct letters for "va" and "ba" you are now on to something else altogether. and the assumption here is that the word vaNdi came into tamil and not go out from tamil into other languages. i'd be very careful about making arbitrary assumptions. yet another possibility is that it was present in proto-dravidian (common parent to all dravidian languages) and was inherited differently in different dravidian languages. what is the basis for this assumption? in kannada and telugu the word is bandi, but what about malayalam?

at least one online dictionary says it is vanti in malayalam (http://www.shabdkosh.com/ml/translate?e=vehicle&l=ml)
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 am

nenu wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:veNdaikkai (okra) and vaNdi (vehicle) have always been pronounced like that (in tamil). i don't see why this has to be termed confusion. for example, the word mountain in english is probably from the french montagne. the "agn" sound becomes "ain" in english and "mont" becomes "mount" with an "ou" sound in english. that doesn't mean the english are confused. when words cross languages they always undergo sound transformation. this is all very well known.

"veNdaikkai (okra) and vaNdi (vehicle) have always been pronounced like that (in tamil)".

Ok..fine! it's not confusion. Change of pronunciation in tamil when borrowed. Whatever! Pls read my post again on why it couldn't be the other way around.

Whatever.....let us make one thing clear. The whole Telugu came from Tamil...samje?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 am

>>நெஞ்சில் எத்தி ஒரு மிதி மிதிக்கனும்

Nothing gets to me as much as the frequently occurring error of using னு instead of ணு.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:>>நெஞ்சில் எத்தி ஒரு மிதி மிதிக்கனும்

Nothing gets to me as much as the frequently occurring error of using னு instead of ணு.

"Nothing gets to you as much as..." good for you.

I like imperfections..am attracted to them and turned of by sanitized and perfection...to me it makes it more human-real and brutally honest..engrossing to read.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
nenu wrote:

Whatever.....let us make one thing clear. The whole Telugu came from Tamil...samje?

yes boss, samje Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
nenu wrote:
The pa and ba confusion is very pronounced for most words in tamil.

you have now moved the goal post. you said tamils confused the ba and the va. when i pointed out that that can't be true because tamil has distinct letters for "va" and "ba" you are now on to something else altogether. and the assumption here is that the word vaNdi came into tamil and not go out from tamil into other languages. i'd be very careful about making arbitrary assumptions. yet another possibility is that it was present in proto-dravidian (common parent to all dravidian languages) and was inherited differently in different dravidian languages. what is the basis for this assumption? in kannada and telugu the word is bandi, but what about malayalam?

at least one online dictionary says it is vanti in malayalam (http://www.shabdkosh.com/ml/translate?e=vehicle&l=ml)

ok...i agree with what uppili said. whatever makes you happy. i have no energy for these language wars. i am getting old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

nenu wrote:

ok...i agree with what uppili said. whatever makes you happy. i have no energy for these language wars. i am getting old.

That's good Kinnera:)
Not sure if it has anything to do with age..I have no interest in 'single letter' wars!
Letters in any language don't turn me off..as much as hypercritical people do.
Criticism and arguments are artforms..some people way better than others!

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:23 am

I am considered very moderate among Facebook groups.

More than once I chastised people for saying "I wish Karunanidhi would die" or referring to him as Kizhavan. People jump at me for that.

I acted as a mediator in the ongoing feud between NTK and TNPK.

I was the one who stood up for Sonia in particular, Nehru family in general at Congress at large. My point is that they are no worse than BJP or Vajpayee.

BJP is big talk about fishermen killings now. Dozens were killed when Vajpayee was in power. It was Vajpayee who thwarted the liberation of Jaffna city. He sent the largesat naval armada, seond only to the armada Rajiv sent in 1987 and the Normandy landing.

I also criticized calling Sonia as "a barmaid from Italy". If she worked in a bar, what is wrong with it. A honest living.

I am a moderate, not an extremist by any measure.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 am

Maria S wrote:Just sharing a few lines from a facebook friend Vijayabhaskar's status today- just an amateur writer, hope he does get a lot of attention. To me it's so simple, but meaningful to read this in tamil with all the nuances (wish I can translate for others..but, something will be lost in translation).

"உலகிலேயே வெளியே சொல்ல முடியாத பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள முடியாத உணர்வு பொறாமைதான் என்பேன்.

........."

Thanks for sharing this interesting FB post

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:29 am

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:>>நெஞ்சில் எத்தி ஒரு மிதி மிதிக்கனும்

It could very well be a typing oversight here. Both னு and ணு are typed using N key (one with CTRL pressed. This error occurs quite often.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 am

Thank you Kayal!
Nice to know that you found in interesting.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:

It could very well be a typing oversight here. Both னு and ணு are typed using N key (one with CTRL pressed. This error occurs quite often.

Thanks again.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:36 am

1. Smile
2. tgif
3. NaCl

Maria, Maria....didn't intend it to be hypercritical...just my own inability to handle imperfections especially by a Tamil writer.

Relax, please.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 am

nenu wrote:

i have no energy for these language wars.

there is no war. you spouted some random nonsense and i corrected you. that is all.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:I am considered very moderate among Facebook groups.

am a moderate, not an extremist by any measure.
I believe you. So there are actual terrorists you know on that FB group? Which FB group is it that you are talking about? Can that group be reported to FBI for extremist activities?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:53 am

Maria S wrote:
nenu wrote:

Not sure if it has anything to do with age..I have no interest in 'single letter' wars!

ya maria. i try my level best to keep off the futile attempts of some fanatics to prove that their language is the superior one and any common words of other languages in it are borrowed from their language, and will fight tooth and nail to not to agree to the other possibility. The attempt is to prove that wrt sanskrit too now, which has very complex pronunciations with all the vowel-consonent and consonent-consonent combinations, and which are absent in tamil. So it's easy to tell which word is the original and which one is distorted.

The petty attempt to tamilize dosa and vada to dosai and vadai initially and then claiming them as their own also seems pretty sinister. Another attempt to claim their superiority by hook or crook. It's pretty disgusting. I try to keep off all these negative machinations and keep my cool. I should try not to give a damn. Age shld help me with that, if not anything else Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:58 am

nenu wrote:
Maria S wrote:
nenu wrote:

ya maria. i try my level best to keep off the futile attempts of some fanatics to prove that their language is the superior one and any common words of other languages in it are borrowed from their language, and will fight tooth and nail to not to agree to the other possibility. The attempt is to prove that wrt sanskrit too now, which has very complex pronunciations with all the vowel-consonent and consonent-consonent combinations, and which are absent in tamil. So it's easy to tell which word is the original and which one is distorted.

The petty attempt to tamilize dosa and vada to dosai and vadai initially and then claiming them as their own also seems pretty sinister. Another attempt to claim their superiority by hook or crook. It's pretty disgusting. I try to keep off all these negative machinations and keep my cool. I should try not to give a damn. Age shld help me with that, if not anything else Smile

yes, when you can't logically argue, resort to ad hominem attacks. nothing new.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Don't you Maria, Maria..and try to smiley face me.

Did you have to do that to me? I was happy when I came over here, to share something I liked..not sure, why I bothered. Well, Kayal liked it, so it was worth it.

Ok..am done atcg, atcg..tgif, whatever, peace:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:03 pm

nenu wrote:
Maria S wrote:
nenu wrote:

No comment, not getting into it:)
Have a good weekend!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 pm

I am a moderate, not an extremist by any measure.

...now you just became yet ANOTHER statesman and a world leader.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm

I won the battle but lost the war! Smile

E.Q. lesson of the week: Do not burst bubbles in the service of your own pet peeves.

Btw, the guy is an amateur writer and could be writing in the style of Hello FM channel's Diary program (it is a radio program, if you have not listened to it, you will like it). I think jealousy is best handled when it is openly expressed so it doesn't gain more power over you than its initial budding height.

நன்றி! வனக்கம் ...வனக்கம் பல முரை சொண்ணேன்..சபயினர் முன்னெ தமிழ் மகள் கன்னெ!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:I won the battle but lost the war! Smile

E.Q. lesson of the week: Do not burst bubbles in the service of your own pet peeves.

Btw, the guy is an amateur writer and could be writing in the style of Hello FM channel's Diary program (it is a radio program, if you have not listened to it, you will like it). I think jealousy is best handled when it is openly expressed so it doesn't gain more power over you than its initial budding height.!

Hmm..I never intrude when people say they have learned something;)
Have not listened to Hello FM..thanks, will do.

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:நன்றி! வனக்கம் ...வனக்கம் பல முரை சொண்ணேன்..சபயினர் முன்னெ தமிழ் மகள் கன்னெ!

Aww..I think that வ"ன"க்கம் ...வ"ன"க்கம் பல முரை சொ"ண்ணே"ன்..சபயினர் முன்னெ தமிழ் மகள் க"ன்னெ"..is cute!

ந"ண்"றி " atcg.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 pm

More than once I chastised people for saying "I wish Karunanidhi would die" or referring to him as Kizhavan. People jump at me for that.

I acted as a mediator in the ongoing feud between NTK and TNPK.

What are thOseeee?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
nenu wrote:
Maria S wrote:
nenu wrote:

Il Professore, why do you think Pinni is talking about you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
nenu wrote:
Maria S wrote:
nenu wrote:

Il Professore, why do you think Pinni is talking about you?

No, he shouldn't be coz he doesn't do any of that.

k...i'm out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Good. Already Tamil-u has lost its authenticity...those speak Tamil are not actually speaking Tamil. None spoke pure Tamil! Get over with it.

MugaNool – It is sought to be Muga-Puthagam!

I remember writing a Tamil Katturai about Bharathi! I thought the teacher will not read it and mark it out. But that one was read....I wrote Bharathi cannot be a Man - look at him she is a woman in disguise covering her hair with a turban. Bharathi cannot be a surname and it is a very popular female name. My Tamil teacher punished me by making me correct other papers. I failed everyone.

LOL I was better. One other wrote that Bharthi is a pervert coz he calls tamil as Kanni Tamizh and he is in love with her. Why can't he call it as Amma, Appa, or Paati, or Thatha! (I failed her!)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Nila wrote:Good. Already Tamil-u has lost its authenticity...those speak Tamil are not actually speaking Tamil. None spoke pure Tamil! Get over with it.

I remember writing a Tamil Katturai about Bharathi! I thought the teacher will not read it and mark it out. But that one was read....I wrote Bharathi cannot be a Man - look at him she is a woman in disguise covering her hair with a turban. Bharathi cannot be a surname and it is a very popular female name. My Tamil teacher punished me by making me correct other papers. I failed everyone.

LOL I was better. One other wrote that Bharthi is a pervert coz he calls tamil as Kanni Tamizh and he is in love with her. Why can't he call it as Amma, Appa, or Paati, or Thatha! (I failed her!)

Nilavukku nool mel ennadi kobam, neruppai erigiradhu! Wink

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Nila wrote:Good. Already Tamil-u has lost its authenticity...those speak Tamil are not actually speaking Tamil. None spoke pure Tamil! Get over with it.

Nilavukku nool mel ennadi kobam, neruppai erigiradhu! Wink

No kovam thavam. Just TFIF mode. Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Nila wrote: None spoke pure Tamil! Get over with it.

When I speak Tamil, I use only words thatr are pure Tamil as considered by Tamil scholars like Pavanar, Pavalareru.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down